Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Why do people hate FFX

Vicky Love

Avatar: 62540 2010-03-27 20:18:40 -0400

[Klan Apathy]

Level 69 Camwhore

paid for by the Scottish Ellen Degenerous of Forumwarz

I would have enjoyed it more – I guess – If I had known, what crap FF XII would become.

JRPGs should be clbumically made. The sphere board was not that bad, but I prefer other methods from older games. My younger brother loves FF X, because of the sphere board and the story of course.

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

IMO Shin Megami Tensei and its ridiculous amount of spinoffs is the best JRPG series.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Can you really consider Final Fantasy as a JRPG?

DmechaD

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Something_Witty Posted:

I quote:

yeah Tidus was hella annoying as a main character OK

The game was actually pretty good though, not the best one. That’d be 6, IMO.

I’d have to agree. The ending kind of lost all sentimentality for me when Tidus high-fived his dad after his departure from Yuna. But the Final Fantasy series has set itself up as the gold-standard for all RPGS, so sometimes very good isn’t good enough. Especially when compared to other games in the series like 4 or the aforementioned 6. But I thought X was a well done and fun game. I also liked X-2, for what it was, fanservice, pure and simple. X never struck me as a hit-or-miss game, I thought most people liked it. Its probably a reaction that happens years after the fact, like when 7 was no longer universally loved some years after its release.

Vicky Love

Avatar: 62540 2010-03-27 20:18:40 -0400

[Klan Apathy]

Level 69 Camwhore

paid for by the Scottish Ellen Degenerous of Forumwarz

was Posted:

Can you really consider Final Fantasy as a JRPG?

Definitely, FFI – FFX.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Blitzball is a really bad game. After a while it becomes harder to lose than to win.

ReKaZ

Avatar: 99640 Sun Feb 15 14:49:01 -0500 2009

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

I’ didn’t liked Tidus, i think it’s the second worst hero from the FF series (being Van from XII the first)

The story was good, no great, but enjoyable, and the level up system (that weird chart) was original, and blitzball was kinda boring.

And of course, bad dialogues…

an also…

Auron RLZ! Log in to see images!

Something_Witty Posted:

IMO Shin Megami Tensei and its ridiculous amount of spinoffs is the best JRPG series.

Persona 2 : Eternal Punishment is the best! I loved that game! (the 3 and Nocturne are also great, but the second part of the 2 it’s my favorite)

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Also it had great challenges after beating the game. Those black bestias were more than hard

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Regarding FFX: Any JRPG where I was able to defeat the final boss in 2 or 3 rounds earns the label of “severely unbalanced”

The only really worthwhile bit was that one random NPC with his “I wanna be a blitzball when I grow up!”

Something_Witty Posted:

QFMFT!

These days I find myself getting bored rather quickly with any game that doesn’t have Shin Megami Tensei in the title. Now I just need to finish Persona 4 before my copies of DDS 1 & 2 arrive…

****bucket

Avatar: 59507 Sat Nov 08 03:18:55 -0500 2008

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

I enjoyed the gameplay of FFX, though it was a bit too easy and unbalanced for me (unless you’re the kind of fabulous person that has to beat every monster in the goddamn arena). The sphere grid was an interesting change, and I did like that I could switch characters out in battle to balance their experience a bit better.

The storyline could have been done a lot better, though. For me, the thing that made me not want to replay FFX was the cheesy, sappy dialogue, and Tidus. Other than looking gay as ****, he has the most irritating, screechy voice that makes me want to cut out my eardrums. Also, Yuna was a complete woman's genitals, also armed with an irritatingly bad voice actress. Actually, come to think of it, the only characters I really liked were Auron and perhaps Lulu.

Also agreeing that the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games are ****ing great.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!