Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Why are people paying over 100k for 2fairladieschampagne...?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

It’s cheaper in the shop and I’m selling them for 50k each and there are still a lot left so i dont understand why people pay so much money for it instead of buying from me? Log in to see images!

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Inertia Posted:

It’s cheaper in the shop and I’m selling them for 50k each and there are still a lot left so i dont understand why people pay so much money for it instead of buying from me? Log in to see images!

They probably don’t realize that there’s an itembuildr store.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

It’s not possible to search by buyout price, also people are stupid or don’t care. It’s the stuff you can expect when there is a non-RP board dedicated to spamming and scamming.

I can paint a smileyface on a 2,000,000 auction for a pair of versnatches, call it a “store”, quickly post 20 times in a row so no one can criticize it and should someone call me an bumhole for doing so they’d risk a ban.

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Trying to sell things for more than they’re worth, and more than anyone should reasonably pay, is just part of an auction site.

We are pretty sure that most buyers aren’t even looking at this board and most sales are made from the first page of the listings. If the first page of Two.fair.ladies.with.a.fine.champagne.glbum.1915.dvda listings were all for  100,000 and page two was full of  40,000 listings, I’m pretty sure at least a couple of the  100,000 ones would sell because the cheaper ones are out of sight and, therefore, may as well not exist as far as many buyers are concerned.

And, really, the fact remains that Flezz isn’t really worth much to a lot of players, so many players just don’t care if they’re spending more, if it means less effort.

I mean, we’ll pay  25,000 more Flezz just to not have to wait ten minutes for a Buy Out on a cheaper auction to become active. It’s not like the cost difference really matters, unless you’re trying to get most Flezz, once you’ve exceeded ten million Flezz.

guest42 edited this message on 03/20/2009 6:26PM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

the Pro Posted:

It’s not possible to search by buyout price, also people are stupid or don’t care. It’s the stuff you can expect when there is a non-RP board dedicated to spamming and scamming.

I can paint a smileyface on a 2,000,000 auction for a pair of versnatches, call it a “store”, quickly post 20 times in a row so no one can criticize it and should someone call me an bumhole for doing so they’d risk a ban.

I really wish you’d be more specific when making comments like this.

Most of the legitimate Storefronts here don’t have more than a 10-15% markup for most items, except in certain specific cases. And that usually equals a price that is much lower than the listed Base Cost, which is in turn much lower than any Ppwn Shoppe price you’ll ever find.

There are a lot of Sellers that are not out to gouge their customers.

StrayNeko

Avatar: 122825 Mon Feb 16 13:17:09 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

CARAMELLDANSEN IDOLMISTRESS

Acid Flux Posted:

I really wish you’d be more specific when making comments like this.

Most of the legitimate Storefronts here don’t have more than a 10-15% markup for most items, except in certain specific cases. And that usually equals a price that is much lower than the listed Base Cost, which is in turn much lower than any Ppwn Shoppe price you’ll ever find.

There are a lot of Sellers that are not out to gouge their customers.

Ya 255k surgery products and books you charge even more then someone with 1 frug could buy it for, real legitimate. even selling books you get for free for like 200-500k

StrayNeko edited this message on 03/20/2009 7:10PM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Because there’s nothing better to use that flezz on.

Example: I have 1,000,000 Flezz. The only thing I want, in the entire game, is 2ladies1glbum. What does that extra 50k mean to me? Why shouldn’t I just click on the first “Buy Now” option I see?

There’s a ton of flezz in FWZ, but not a lot to spend it on. If FWZ is serious about having an in-game economy, they need to give us more attractive options to use our flezz on, and more incentive to buy the useless ****.

I wish Trout would take me up on my Rarities Shop idea, because that could go a long way in burning peoples flezz. A place where you could buy things like E-Peen, collectibles (for example, packs of trading cards, that offer E-Peen at intervals of 25% completion rates), etc., could get people using up their flezz in ways that a Turkey in the Ppwn Shop on holidays can’t.

Also, Trout needs to use E-Peen in a way that actually convinces people to play the game, not as a reward for doing end-game options. Introducing E-Peen for accomplishments such as using X amount of consumables, having full collections of equipment, buying X amount of items from the shops, etc., would get people using their money as well.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

StrayNeko Posted:

Ya 255k surgery products and books you charge even more then someone with 1 frug could buy it for, real legitimate. even selling books you get for free for like 200-500k

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Those two clbumes of items are available ONLY to players that purchased Episode Two.

Therefore, there is a premium & additional service attached to them. If a player has not or cannot purchase Brownie Points, but has an overabundance of Flezz and would like to use the Books & Surgical Procedures, then buy purchasing them through Kyoubai, they now have access to those Item Slots.

By the way, I only ever received ONE book for free, the rest were all paid for, and in most cases, I sell them for at or below Base Cost.

Additionally, my Surgery Kits were only 250K when I was testing market demand. Only a handful of people were interested in purchasing them at that price, so my next batch were lowered to 200K. And I am planning to reduce the price to 180K, as that seems to be the stable price most people are willing to pay for these items, as determined by my Reserve Auctions and the TMs that I receive from my customers.

And, by the way, all of those Surgeries have a minimum reserve of 155K. Which is exactly what I pay for them, i.e., zero profit.

So, please show me how a player, even with Episode Two access, with a Frugality of 1, can purchase a Teach Yourself Binary in 1100100 Hours Book for less than 19,000

Answer: They can’t. They would pay 22,652.

Acid Flux edited this message on 03/20/2009 7:44PM

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

StrayNeko Posted:

even selling books you get for free for like 200-500k

You only get one per account. That makes them highly valuable; I would consider them worth more than 500k.

StrayNeko

Level 35 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

You only get one per account. That makes them highly valuable; I would consider them worth more than 500k.

yes and how many times do you need the same book twice >.>

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

StrayNeko Posted:

You don’t.

But I have hundreds of customers. Many of them have purchased books from me, but I doubt more than one each of the ones I sell.

I fail to see your point. I also fail to see how you are attacking my prices, and yet defending Oleg’s.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

StrayNeko Posted:

If a character does not know about the limit, sells his copy, and then later wants one, he will need another player’s copy. You’re just here to attack Acid Flux.

StrayNeko

Level 35 Troll

Acid Flux Posted:

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Those two clbumes of items are available ONLY to players that purchased Episode Two.

Therefore, there is a premium & additional service attached to them.

oh so if it’s a episode 2 thing it’s perfectly right for you to price gouge, Funny I don’t don’t see you selling ep2 equipment with as much as a price gouge. Nah your just abusing peoples stupidity into thinking you actually give them deals.

Acid Flux Posted:

So, please show me how a player, even with Episode Two access, with a Frugality of 1, can purchase a Teach Yourself Binary in 1100100 Hours Book for less than 19,000

Answer: They can’t. They would pay 22,652.

Yes it would be like you to pick a low end book that people get rid of and say that, how many “I Almost Had Sex With a Woman: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero ” have you been selling for 100k +? a book people do keep for the 10+ offense, not a mid level item they just buy along the way.

StrayNeko

Level 35 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

You’re just here to attack Acid Flux.

funny cause your just hear because he pays you to bad mouth other stores in their own threads even.

StrayNeko edited this message on 03/20/2009 8:12PM

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

StrayNeko Posted:

oh so if it’s a episode 2 thing it’s perfectly right for you to price gouge, Funny I don’t don’t see you selling ep2 equipment with as much as a price gouge. Nah your just abusing peoples stupidity into thinking you actually give them deals.

The huge markup was to test demand. Prices have stabilized at a much lower level, and Acid Flux already said that he is planning to lower prices to that level.

StrayNeko Posted:

Yes it would be like you to pick a low end book that people get rid of and say that, how many “I Almost Had Sex With a Woman: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero ” have you been selling for 100k +? a book people do keep for the 10+ offense, not a mid level item they just buy along the way.

I Almost Had Sex With a Woman does seem to be priced high; I wonder why. Acid Flux probably didn’t notice, or it sells fine at that price. Flezz doesn’t mean much unless you’re shooting for the Leaderboard.

Hey, Acid Flux, what’s your typical Buy It Now markup?

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

StrayNeko Posted:

funny cause your just hear because he pays you to bad mouth other stores in their own threads even.

No, he doesn’t. The only other store I have made disparaging comments toward is Oleg’s; he charges ridiculous prices far in excess of Acid Flux. I am now quite confident that you are only here to attack Acid Flux.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

StrayNeko Posted:

Price gouging isn’t price gouging when people are willing to pay for it.

If people are willing to pay a high price for goods, then don’t fault sellers for giving them the opportunity. If they were really unhappy with the prices, they wouldn’t buy them.

Selling EP2 items to players without EP2 for higher prices is natural because there is higher demand.

You have no comprehension of how economics work, or how a market functions. Please, stop while you’re only somewhat behind.

And for the record, disagreeing is not trolling.

StrayNeko

Level 35 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

No, he doesn’t. The only other store I have made disparaging comments toward is Oleg’s; he charges ridiculous prices far in excess of Acid Flux. I am now quite confident that you are only here to attack Acid Flux.

nah actually I’m just stating facts, he’s the one who claimed he doesn’t over charge for stuff, 10-15% is all the mark up he puts, with his maxed out frug.

StrayNeko edited this message on 03/20/2009 8:21PM

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

StrayNeko Posted:

nah actually I’m just stating facts

StrayNeko Posted:

I have reported you for trolling.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

StrayNeko Posted:

Please don’t call my customers stupid.

A 10-20% profit margin is not price gouging, especially when my auctions have reserves that are usually less than 1% above my own cost.

StrayNeko Posted:

I sell the Hacker Hero book currently for 90K, and have sold it for as low as 60K. In fact, I set a 60K reserve for all of my Hacker Hero books.

zagerblag Posted:

I Almost Had Sex With a Woman does seem to be priced high; I wonder why. Acid Flux probably didn’t notice, or it sells fine at that price. Flezz doesn’t mean much unless you’re shooting for the Leaderboard.

Hey, Acid Flux, what’s your typical Buy It Now markup?

I set my Reserves at just above my own purchase price. For example, my Tumorous Kidneys have a reserve price of 650,000. My purchase price is 643,200, so this is a 1% markup. The Buyout price is currently 750,000, which is a 16.6% markup.

I may lower that soon, but at that price, they sell fairly regularly. I also regularly run sales as well.

The reason I offer different prices for reserves and buyouts is to accommodate more than one type of customers, as explained in my Storefront.

For those looking to get the lowest possible price, my Reserve Auctions allow them to get those items for barely more than I pay for them.

For those looking to get an item ASAP, the Buyout price allows them to use their item immediately, not three days later.

I cater to both demographics, and I do so fairly.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!