Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Problem with logging in.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

When I visit a link of the form

forumwarz.com/blah

When I logged in via

www.forumwarz.com

I am then logged out. This applies to many of the links in the wiki, depending on who edited it.

I also had a list of forums bookmarks which are only now consistent, which was a little unnerving until I figured out what was going on.

Jeshicka

Avatar: 122063 Wed Feb 04 18:06:06 -0500 2009

Level 29 Hacker

“1337”

trollingflamer Posted:

it wont even let me log in

i enter in the right pbumword and it just takes me to the log-in page again

i have to log in by clicking a link from fw in my email

I have the same problem. I think it’s the browser, though, because it only does that to me on Internet Explorer. Right now I’m on Firefox, and I haven’t had any problems.

LookingGlbum

Avatar: 25772 Sun Jun 07 12:12:14 -0400 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

As long as I leave the browser open, its logged in. If you totally close the browser, it does not matter if its firefox, or opera, I still have to log in. This is annoying as hell, when are they going to fix this!Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Exact same problem with me, Crinkz. But I think it’s to do with Firefox because it works with other browsers. Have you tried using other browsers.

I’m planning to do a clean reinstall of firefox tomorrow.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Inertia Posted:

Exact same problem with me, Crinkz. But I think it’s to do with Firefox because it works with other browsers. Have you tried using other browsers.

I’m planning to do a clean reinstall of firefox tomorrow.

It’s not a Firefox problem. It doesn’t work on Opera either. The reason is that the new cookie is set to expire when the browser is closed. Only ET can fix it I guess.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

quangntenemy Posted:

It’s not a Firefox problem. It doesn’t work on Opera either. The reason is that the new cookie is set to expire when the browser is closed. Only ET can fix it I guess.

Not it seems just when the browser is closed, but when you switch URL between www.forumwarz.com and forumwarz.com. Links throughout the site are inconsistent (specifically from the wiki) and not that ET should need to support them, but some of the greasemonkey scripts are as well.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 03/22/2009 12:40PM

zomg-arse

Avatar: 126187 Thu Feb 26 08:54:36 -0500 2009

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Got logged out once yesterday, didn’t happen since. I’m using firefox btw.

GOLDENSAUSAGE

Avatar: 63088 Thu Nov 20 00:23:00 -0500 2008

[Domination Nation]

Level 45 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

LookingGlbum Posted:

As long as I leave the browser open, its logged in. If you totally close the browser, it does not matter if its firefox, or opera, I still have to log in. This is annoying as hell, when are they going to fix this!Log in to see images!

i’m having this same problem. Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

quangntenemy Posted:

Hmm in my case I don’t have any problem with Chrome or Safari. Also when using firefox I also can’t stay logged in Gmail, Wikipedia, DeviantArt, etc etc. Every cookie expires when firefox closes. Is it a different problem? How are other sites for you?

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Inertia Posted:

Hmm in my case I don’t have any problem with Chrome or Safari. Also when using firefox I also can’t stay logged in Gmail, Wikipedia, DeviantArt, etc etc. Every cookie expires when firefox closes. Is it a different problem? How are other sites for you?

that happened to me too for some sites. I just like lost some of my cookies, but forumwarz is the only site its still happening to.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Experiencing this on my laptop, yet not on my desktop. Weirdness.

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I’m using Firefox and getting logged out every time I close the browser, too. It started happening to me earlier this week, but I never had a problem with staying logged-in before.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Looks like the problem has been fixed on www.forumwarz.com

LookingGlbum

Avatar: 25772 Sun Jun 07 12:12:14 -0400 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It seems it has been fixed, I go straight to my character page, thank you!

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

LookingGlbum Posted:

It seems it has been fixed, I go straight to my character page, thank you!

quoted for great justice.

Gotarda

Level 60 Camwhore

“Sergeant Slutter”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

But this happens EVERY time I leave forumwarz. Not just the first time I got on after the update. IF this is supposed to happen everytime, then what’s the use of the “remeber me!” box.

Yeah, wtf? I got the same problem! What is the point of “remember me” if it doesn’t remember my login?

Gotarda edited this message on 03/24/2009 10:03AM

Princezz_Und-
ies

Avatar: 121015 Mon Jan 19 16:50:27 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

She's so mean that instead of using deodorant she gargles disinfectant and licks her armpits

yeah, i thought i was the only one that had to log in all the time again.

greaseMonkey

Avatar: 97788 Wed Feb 25 03:45:12 -0500 2009

[GSD-NBU]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I SUCK HOBO male reproductive organ FOR MONEY AND ****ING LOVE IT

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Not it seems just when the browser is closed, but when you switch URL between www.forumwarz.com and forumwarz.com. Links throughout the site are inconsistent (specifically from the wiki) and not that ET should need to support them, but some of the greasemonkey scripts are as well.

im sorry but just had to say I GOT MENTIONED HERE!!!!!!! LULZ

but on the topic, its the same with me as well, and its not teh browser coz i tried it on IE7, IE8 & firefox with no results, this was happening before the server switc as well so i rekon its because of the cookie expire time thats the problem

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

greaseMonkey Posted:

im sorry but just had to say I GOT MENTIONED HERE!!!!!!! LULZ

but on the topic, its the same with me as well, and its not teh browser coz i tried it on IE7, IE8 & firefox with no results, this was happening before the server switc as well so i rekon its because of the cookie expire time thats the problem

It was fixed for me recently.

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

gawd, i finally can get in!

i have to go do www.forumwarz.com, press log in, then erase the www., go to that url, then log in from there before it works. if i don’t do that, it just takes me directly back to the homepage

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!