Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Leaderboard E-Peen now awarded by clbum!

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

MC Banhammer Posted:

With the Kyoubai ones as well since they’re mostly dependent on the forums you pwn and the flezz you earn.

No, they’re dependent on clicking stuff, buying/selling marbles, etc. Clbumes don’t matter there either.

Also job points by clbum are equally silly, every clbum gets the same jobs afaik.

Edit: I think it’s cool that stuff is displayed by clbum but over the whole E-Peen doesn’t make sense.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 03/19/2009 4:06PM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

ET – why are you wasting your time trying to jury rig a failed idea?

After a short time once again we’ll be in the same position we already were yesterday, with none of these new rewards achievable by nearly anyone, except with an insane commitment of time and effort. Why would you encourage that?

(edit, quite a bit too harsh – sorry)

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 03/19/2009 8:25PM

Kenny Powers

Avatar: 111299 Thu May 21 17:22:07 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

I have to concur with meeeeeeeeee

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Catt although Posted:

Actually, Trout had at one point said this might be implemented “shortly after E2 is launched”

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/12110

I think that refers to speedruns, not leaderboards.

the Pro Posted:

No, they’re dependent on clicking stuff, buying/selling marbles, etc. Clbumes don’t matter there either.

Also job points by clbum are equally silly, every clbum gets the same jobs afaik.

I was thinking that the majority of Kyoubai was driven by .moar files, which means pwning specific forums, which is harder on Perman00bs due to equipment repair costs I think. Same with running jobs, again due to item repair cost. But you’ve analyzed the data much more than I have so you’re probably right.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 03/19/2009 4:10PM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Now we can have 5 times as many brain meltingly stupid contests.

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

the Pro Posted:

Yeah, jobs are based on your level and community speedrun times. Both of those are a problem depending on clbum, since Trolls have an advantage in pwning forums at their level (especially in higher levels) and Hackers and Permanoobs have a disadvantage in both. This problem is compounded when the better jobs are for harder forums and/or timed runs.

Pluvius edited this message on 03/19/2009 4:18PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Oh for ****s sake. ET – why are you wasting your time trying to jury rig a failed idea? This is beyond pathetic.

After a short time once again we’ll be in the same position we already were yesterday, with none of these new rewards achievable by nearly anyone, except with an insane commitment of time and effort. Why would you encourage that, except and unless you’re actually just a huge douchebag who hates his customers? ****ing *fail*.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post a positive comment, ever.

While I agree that this idea doesn’t make much sense as far as the “equalizing the clbumes” goes, I like it a lot for the fact that it makes hogging a leaderboard by a single individual more difficult.

People whined and moaned about the peens being inaccessible, so then when they’re made easier, everyone whines again.

Just make up your minds, geez.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Fortunato Posted:

Yeah I was looking at the troll one and thinking crap, I’m no better off than I am before.

Yeah. Some Leaderboards are WAY too easy to top now depending which clbum you are, it sucks trolls dominate most leaderboards so nothing has changed for me (I might have a small chance topping the job point leaderboard)

Pluvius

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Nicco Posted:

Yeah. Some Leaderboards are WAY too easy to top now depending which clbum you are, it sucks trolls dominate most leaderboards so nothing has changed for me (I might have a small chance topping the job point leaderboard)

I’ll go ahead and disclose that I now have a much better chance of getting both If Only It Were Real Money and Brown Nose because SG94 and Bling Fling are off the lists, but that’s not the reason why I think that those two boards would make sense to partition.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I mean, the board I really care about, Buildr score, is still inaccessible for me because half of the top 15 buildrs are emos, so I understand why some are frustrated with it.

But then Full of SALE and Gavel Time are both going to be a piece of cake for me. So it’s a double-edged sword.

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

Why don’t they just retire people from the leaderboard 2-4 weeks after they get the peen to avoid hogging?

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

Pluvius Posted:

I’ll go ahead and disclose that I now have a much better chance of getting both If Only It Were Real Money and Brown Nose because SG94 and Bling Fling are off the lists, but that’s not the reason why I think that those two boards would make sense to partition.

Yeah the flezz board needed seperating, my emo get’s nowhere near what my hacker and camwhore get, and my troll is suffering from running forums with luck at 1, where as my hacker and camwhore can easily get back up to full luck for rollover.

What is the other board and why does that benefit from seperation?

Pluvius

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Now that I think about it, it would also make sense to separate Hackers and Permanoobs from the other clbumes on the Most Forums Pwned board. Logically those clbumes as a whole have had much less opportunity to pwn forums than everyone else. None of the other boards are that closely linked to amount of time played.

Andy_Dextruss Posted:

What is the other board and why does that benefit from seperation?

The Brown Nose board is Most Job Points, which has been discussed above.

Pluvius edited this message on 03/19/2009 4:33PM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Andy_Dextruss Posted:

Why don’t they just retire people from the leaderboard 2-4 weeks after they get the peen to avoid hogging?

Probably because some people like their high rank on the things, and also, if the top people kept disappearing, then it would make it really, really easy. Ther- ...I’m just making random stuff up.

That idea would work great too.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pluvius Posted:

Now that I think about it, it would also make sense to separate Hackers and Permanoobs from the other clbumes on the Most Forums Pwned board. Logically those clbumes as a whole have had much less opportunity to pwn forums than everyone else. None of the other boards are that closely linked to amount of time played.

The Brown Nose board is Most Job Points, which has been discussed above.

Good point, hadn’t thought of that.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Andy_Dextruss Posted:

That’s one way of solving hogging, but does nothing for newer players, who will still never see any of these rewards, no matter how much effort they put into the game.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

There’s really no reason to separate clbumes for Flezz since the introduction of Kyoubai. I got the E-Peen on 4 more alts since its introduction and none of them relied on clbum-specific attributes to do it. Maybe Permanoobs are more of a time sink to compete with but they’re supposed to be a challenge clbum, not the “few people play it so it’s ridiculously easy to get E-Peen with them” clbum.

I really hope this gets reverted even though I got some laughably cheap E-Peen on my main Hacker and Permanoob.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Showing leaderboards by clbum is fine. Awarding e-peens by clbum (especially stuff like Freemason or Miss Popularity) makes no sense at all.

The only real time a case could be made to award peens by clbum would be Brown Nose peen, as Trolls still have a speed advantage, and how luck plays some part in determining what types of jobs you’re offered, so Hackers could end up ahead, etc. It isn’t a great case (especially considering a camwhore tops that board), but I can at least understand why someone would do it, as opposed to every other leaderboard-related peen.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Who cares, leaderboards are still p. boring, blah blah blah…

Besides, the leaderboard E-Peen are so devalued now, I don’t even care about the ones that I own.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Ricket Posted:

Showing leaderboards by clbum is fine. Awarding e-peens by clbum (especially stuff like Freemason or Miss Popularity) makes no sense at all.

That’s pretty much the most to the point way to put it. Disagree on Job Points (as even Permanoobs with a bit of time to waste can get 5 points a visit like Bling Fling has for the past months) but I may be biased on that issue.

I’ve been pretty firm in my opposition to this so I would like to note that while I lost the exclusiveness of Brown Nose on Bling Fling I also gained 1337 on GS49 and Else, and with the way scully/Lester’s been acting 1337 may even be within reach on my main. So there you have the lowdown on how this change affects me so you can judge whether I’m posting in self-interest or not accordingly.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!