Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout The new emoticon style.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

That high five emote rocks.

Image map would be cool, but I don’t know how to build one or help out, with this issue.

LordWeird

Avatar: 128379 Mon Mar 09 22:52:15 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I don’t like it either, but what can you do?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

LordWeird Posted:

I don’t like it either, but what can you do?

Ask for the change back?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

If you hid them behind an expand, would that solve whatever problem you were trying to solve with them?

SprayValenti-
ne

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Probably – from what I can see and my own experience, the problem isn’t that it’s behind a link, but that memorizing the codes is annoying.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Here’s a compromise for now: I’m loading 30 random emoticons now. The set changes every 5 minutes to expose all the emoticons we have in the rotation over time.

For those who asked, the problem was we were loading too many images at once and it was slowing down a lot of browsers. Additionally, soon we’re going to allow users to create their own emoticons, and we needed a system that would scale to accept all their submissions.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Evil Trout Posted:

Additionally, soon we’re going to allow users to create their own emoticons, and we needed a system that would scale to accept all their submissions.

Really? Could be great. Like emotbuildr?

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Crinkz Posted:

I personally HATE IT, please at least give us a option to switch to old view, or current view.

agree, this format sucks, especially since you have to open a new page just to get to them.

-then what do you do, press backspace or open new tab to get back to your reply page? talk about a runaround

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

For those who asked, the problem was we were loading too many images at once and it was slowing down a lot of browsers.

If it’s a browser problem, and not a server problem, maybe instead you could change http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/emoticons to be a popup window instead of a regular page. Then, return the clicked-on (or otherwise selected) emoticon back to the reply window? That would still remain scalable, but allow us the click-to-use option for the full set.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Evil Trout Posted:

For those who asked, the problem was we were loading too many images at once and it was slowing down a lot of browsers.]

Sometimes it might take like 1.3 seconds to load the images, it’s just people who have zero patience reporting it.

Go ahead and type what you want to post, once you’ve got a word down they’ll be there.

You really gotta take the wants of everyone else before a handful of people who have no patience.

E: How long did they say it took for the emotes to fully load, and how many said so?

Johnny Mac edited this message on 03/19/2009 7:24PM

Companion Cu-
be31

Level 16 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Okay people, we need volunteers.

Who wants to build an image map?! We’ll give you four extra visits today only BP!

I have no idea how to make one, but I’m willing to learn and to help.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Crinkz Posted:

I personally HATE IT

At least let us choose which ones we want displayed or something.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Evil Trout Posted:

Hmmm, the image map would work, but that would take me FOREVER to build…

Image maps aren’t hard at all the way I’ve known how, could pop one out in a few hours, but since you want a new system that you want new ones implemented unique to a user, it wouldn’t work.

You’re going to have to use your codan knowledge for that, I have no clue.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 03/20/2009 1:03AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!