Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me [CLOSED] MOD IDOL: We're looking for the next great Forumwarz moderator!

WoweeZowee

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Normally I’m all about transparency and openness (Log in to see images!

lol

For the sake of flattery, I’ll likely list some of our top runner-ups, with comments.

sounds good to me.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

For the sake of flattery, I’ll likely list some of our top runner-ups, with comments.

Sounds good to me!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Sounds like a bad idea to me. I think there’s no good reason to do so, and it would only lead to bumhurt.

IMO if someone privately contacts you and asks why they weren’t chosen, you might want to tell them. But publicly? Bad, bad idea IMO.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

Sounds like a bad idea to me. I think there’s no good reason to do so, and it would only lead to bumhurt.

IMO if someone privately contacts you and asks why they weren’t chosen, you might want to tell them. But publicly? Bad, bad idea IMO.

If they got bumhurt this easily, it’s probably a reason they aren’t mod.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yes there would be bumhurt. Is this a bad thing really? Log in to see images!

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

If anyone got bumhurt about not being chosen as mod, they most likely have no idea how demanding of a job it actually is and thought it’d be fun, therefore wouldn’t make a good mod at all. I’m pretty sure that the judges would have rooted these applicants out first and that none of them would be on that list, in the first place. I think it’s safe to say that most of us are curious as to who was actually considered as a mod, other than the victors; I know I am.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Oof. I don’t know about that. Normally I’m all about transparency and openness (Log in to see images!), but I’m not sure everyone who applied necessarily wants the world to know about it.

imo don’t list it. people will be bumhurt.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

imo don’t list it. people will be bumhurt.

See above. Now I have reasons to believe you’re MCB with multiple personalitys.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

MC Banhammer Posted:

Agreed. Better to let people bumume there were dead last in our selection process than off by one.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

PROFESSOR_COMMIE Posted:

If anyone got bumhurt about not being chosen as mod, they most likely have no idea how demanding of a job it actually is and thought it’d be fun

That’s not necessarily true. They could be personally hurt because they feel it’s an honor, rather than a task, to be chosen, and wonder why someone else who might in their eyes be completely a wrong choice got that honor above them.

Regardless. If people want to share, on their own, whether they applied, that should be their choice, not ours. Similarly, if someone really wants to understand why they were not selected, they should be allowed to get that information in private, and share it only if they wish.

The application process was non-public for people who didn’t choose to make it public. There’s no good reason now to break that secrecy.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Anyway, just in case JB decides to not do the public thing I did send him a tubmail so I don’t cry for the rest of my life wondering why I didn’t get the mod job on some website.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

Agreed. Better to let people bumume there were dead last in our selection process than off by one.

I’m afraid I don’t follow. Why would that be better? I’m sure that none of the top applicants, even if they didn’t get the job are mature enough not to let it go to their heads.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I’m going to backtrack a bit and defer to our elder statesmods, MCB and Tubs.

If you are the bumhurt kind, then yes, perhaps you made a mistake by applying. But I don’t see any reason to publicly judge those people for it.

I would say: If you applied, and you don’t mind people knowing you applied, and you don’t mind being publicly critiqued (like a real “Idol” show, come to think of it), then fine. We can continue this dialog in this thread.

Otherwise, better to TM me or your favorite mod. You’re probably bound get a more honest and complete answer that way. Personally, I would have trouble truly critiquing anyone who applied, especially in an open forum like this. I’m like Paula Abdul in that respect — and not just because I’m always drunk on the job.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

I’m fine with making my application public, and the reasons why I wasn’t chosen public.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I’m fine with making my application public, and the reasons why I wasn’t chosen public.

This.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Here’s what I Tubmailed Crinkz:

As you know, we had a ton of good contenders approach us. For the most part, it’s tough for me to list reasons why someone wasn’t chosen as a mod, because we concentrated so much on finding reasons why someone should be chosen. When we announce the players we picked, I hope and trust that this will become evident.

As far as ban history, that was a consideration, but some of our top selectees have gotten into trouble before. You’ve been pretty helpful lately and the fact that you lurk in IDC often is a bonus. However, as I said, the competition was just really tough.

If I had to pick one knock against you, though, this came up: “I also think I’d be good for the job because I know not to click and links within IDC/Flamebate, I would either preview them, or just ignore them entirely.”

Since you can’t truly preview a link until you click it, being willing to ignore it is not necessarily the best way for a mod to handle it. As mods, we often have to mire ourselves in horrible filth. Log in to see images!

Thanks for applying. We appreciate you taking the time, and hope you’ll remain an active, conscientious citizen — the mythical “good poster” on Forumwarz.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Ahh, ok.

What I meant by preview anyway was probably get on a alt to click to avoid MST incidents such as making a mod unsticky a thread. Anyway, thanks for considering me!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

PROFESSOR_COMMIE Posted:

This.

Well, adjacent to what I just posted to Crinkz, you’re gonna see a lot of the same themes pop up. Simply, there were a lot of great applicants, and we weren’t looking for holes in your character so much as a strong, proven track record at Forumwarz.

COMMIE, even though I liked your application and personally thought you’d make a strong contender for a Euromod — especially given your previous experience — the concern was that you’re relatively new around these parts. Most of our top applicants have been around for a year, on average, and have earned the trust of their fellow players.

I’m sure you’ll get the chance to do the same. We hope you’ll stick around for a while and keep making waves.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Why was I not chosen?

Whine and bumhurt and public humiliation! Log in to see images!

EDIT: Oh yeh, I didn’t apply.

Shii edited this message on 03/25/2009 1:11PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Shii Posted:

Why was I not chosen?

Whine and bumhurt and public humiliation! Log in to see images!

EDIT: Oh yeh, I didn’t apply.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!