Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games This thread is for Celerysteves rpg game that he's making which is different and independent from fingerz/crinkz

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I still can’t use it. I need to figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Ask the other people with Vista how they got it to work and read that stuff they posted.

mystic_fart

Avatar: 13994 2010-01-09 02:26:13 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I liked the kind of humor the game had, cause, well, making fun of 4chan, for one, gets points in my book. And the song that plays when you fight a Gothapotamus was awesome.

As far as the extended version, rather than a sequel, I’m all for it. The way it ended (not mentioning it here for spoiler reasons) left plenty of room for extension of the plot.

mystic_fart edited this message on 01/31/2010 7:46AM

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

I just put a couple of hours of work back into this.

I’m cleaning up the rough areas, polishing up the dialogue and movement. There may even be some extensive rewriting. I plan to enhance it by adding enemies and items and extra content and rereleasing it with a short demo for a sequel all in one download.

I don’t imagine that will take terribly long for me to do.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Hmm, still need to play through this.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Celerysteve Posted:

I just put a couple of hours of work back into this.

I’m cleaning up the rough areas, polishing up the dialogue and movement. There may even be some extensive rewriting. I plan to enhance it by adding enemies and items and extra content and rereleasing it with a short demo for a sequel all in one download.

I don’t imagine that will take terribly long for me to do.

More work on this? Yay!

brb subscribing to this thread for updates

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Hmm, still need to play through this.

Just wait till I’m done with the update. It will be worth the wait.

I did quite a bit of work on the intro scene today. For those of you who have the vaguest recollection of it, you will probably notice it to be quite a bit different/better. You will see when it comes out.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

So I go online to get a particular script (a script lets you do things in rpg maker it otherwise isn’t preprogrammed to do). I try it. It works during a battle test. That was last night.

Today I go to play through the thing and every time I talk to somebody the text just repeats over and over in a continuous loop. So I spend like 45 minutes trying to pinpoint the problem. I’m thinking well this new script must conflict with some of my old scripts or something right, because I notice it works when I take his script out. Then I notice it doesn’t work when I leave his script in and take all the others out. I’m like WTF is it about my game that doesn’t like his script?

Then I open up his demo that has the script in it. The demo contained only an enemy you click on that starts a battle and no talking NPCs… I add only a simple NPC who says “test” when you click on him. IT DOES IT ON THE DEMO! Test test test over and over…

This dude went as far as to write like a 50 page script, yet missed the most obviously-spotted game breaking error imaginable, and uploaded that ****. Log in to see images!

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

missed an error? more like trolled a bunch of rpg-makers Log in to see images!

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Peregrine Posted:

missed an error? more like trolled a bunch of rpg-makers Log in to see images!

As it turns out it was not his script causing the problem, but the Standard Development Kit script he included in his demo. The SDK script is apparently like the collaborative effort of him and an bumload of other people as some means of standardizing scripting and laying down certain basic groundwork — to my knowledge anyway. (I’m sure it’s all part of a very elaborate and very labor intensive trolling conspiracy.)

I substituted a slightly older version of the SDK script I found online and got that to work after a couple tries Log in to see images! — knock on wood — miraculous, considering I understand scripting about as well as I do French.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

At this point — along with game balancing, rewriting and editing — I’ve added an additional skill, a small not-too-secret area, two items and four enemies onto the original game. I’m running out of good ideas to implement…

I guess I’ll work on the sequel demo a little bit. I haven’t done much on that.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Made a nice little kinda interactive introductory scene for TBRC2. What do I mean by that? Well, you’ll see. It’s pretty cool trust me.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Ok, so if you haven’t checked on this thread in a while let me sum things up and give you the latest update:

I am making the sequel. Once I get a good amount of it done I will release the demo in TBRC: Gold Edition. Gold Edition will include the original game (TBRC) with extra content as well as the demo for TBRC 2.

TBRC2 is coming along nicely. You can expect the same quality as in the original game, and the demo should be around an hour play time at least.

TBRC1 Gold Edition so far will include some rewriting and extra “polish”, 4 new enemies, 5 new items, and a couple surprises. I will likely add even more before it is released.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Wish I had your talent, but the only good thing I’m at is the scripting. And that’s not even hard. Good luck finishing.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Wish I had your talent, but the only good thing I’m at is the scripting. And that’s not even hard. Good luck finishing.

Thanks. I don’t know the first thing about scripting myself. Like I said before, I made a couple other games on another RPG maker program back in the day, so I’ve had some experience. Other than that, I’d say if you want to know how to make a cool RPG game just look at both Final Fantasies on SNES. I know there are a few others that are real good, but nothing comes close to those two IMO (in the genre of old school blocky type RPG’s). I wish they had done another one on SNES before making FF7…

Speaking of which, fans of FF6 will notice a nod that game very early on in the TBRC2 demo.

And come to think of it, the main city outside in TBRC1 is pretty much take from http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Zozo. Although it’s hard to say how intentional that was.

I have my own Forumwarz game. I get a piece of cat**** out of the litter box, jerk off on top and drop it into the donation box at the McDonald’s drive through.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Bacchus Posted:

I have my own Forumwarz game. I get a piece of cat**** out of the litter box, jerk off on top and drop it into the donation box at the McDonald’s drive through.

...I think this may be the best post you’ve ever made.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

I think I will post the “Gold Edition” with the “demo” to the “sequel” on it seeing as I doubt I will do more on it anytime soon and have not touched it in a good six months.

The demo as it is is a fair length. Might keep you busy for half an hour. There is no grinding or anything like that, just some MGS type action and an interactive cut scene involving the possibility of bum enjoy.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

More like since June 2010.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

No wait December.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!