Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Girls Something Awful

BEAT_WOMEN

Avatar: 146698 Mon Mar 02 17:31:25 -0500 2009

[ANAL enjoy]

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

I’m sure most of us encountered this website, so we should all have an opinion of it; it has generated a few memes and has very active boards, in addition to being one of the sites you can list as liking on your profile here at forumwarz.

However, many, including me, find the front page extremely very special and the humor patehtic. Howevwer, what interests me more is the way that Lowtax does business regarding his forums; it’s no secret that lowtax and his sycophantic group of moderators will ban people for the slightest reasons simply as a means to generate revenues by people rebuying forum accounts.

Some of the things people get banned for:

* Posting while drunk, even if the post is reasonable and well written.

* Saying you hate the front page articles on another forum. This has netted my brother a perma-ban from the site (I was smart enough not to waste my money)

* Making tongue-in-cheek racist comments (*cough ozma cough*)

* Not being a communist on DnD, however, nowadays I don’t think this is a problem because McCaine the gay bondage homo communist was demodded

* Disagreeing with the moderators.

I’m sure I’m missing many more petty things people have gotten banned for, but my question is: what is your opinion of something awful, and how do you view the way they moderate their forums? People with first hand experiences with very special bans or former Sbum members are encouraged to respond.

(I’m drunk right now and I would’ve gotten banned for this post for 3 different reasons had this been posted on SA, so that’s a funny anecdote.)

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

sounds like the IRL version of great firewall of china. Never been on it, though.

BEAT_WOMEN

[ANAL enjoy]

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

AntiRules187 Posted:

sounds like the IRL version of great firewall of china. Never been on it, though.

I lurk occasionally since there are sometimes threads that are interesting, however, from what I hear SA from 2002 or so was much more biting than what it is now.

The site just ****es me off a lot because the way lowtax tries to get $10 for a forum account out of people, and had the rules so ridiculously harsh that it’s clearly a way of generating revenue.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Something Awful is ok to visit the forums and even their FP every once in a while. But for what they’ve attempted to create they have become too high strung on what is allowed and what isn’t.

For the most part I don’t visit it, because any good/original content that is produced there is eventually plastered to every other site on the internet.

Lord Boxtop

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

I kinda feel that they’re like another 4chan in a way, and I don’t like them for that.

BEAT_WOMEN

[ANAL enjoy]

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

It’s like 4chan, but watered down so that EVERYONE can play nicely in the litter box.

DmechaD

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

At least photoshop phriday is still around.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!