Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 haxlrose took away my abilities permanently...

Lollerman

Avatar: 128395 Tue Mar 17 06:34:05 -0400 2009

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

... my Re-Re’s abilities, actually.

Ok, now that I’ve got your attention with the catastrophic subject (which I hope won’t get me a ban), here’s what actually happened:

I made an alt (name’s LadyVulva).

I cheated it because I was feeling cheap, wanted to support CZ, and didn’t want to wait for rollover each day. So I bought 69 visits and 1m Flezz, just so that I could have a relaxing game.

I was planning on making it into a Camwhore, but I also wanted some lulz, so I leveled as a Re-Re until lv8, and got both hamsters and lolcats abilities.

Then I switched clbum (See below for another issue regarding this), and I kept my two animal abilities, as expected.

I played the game for a bit, then I got to the point where you get haxlrose on your contacts. Since, as a Re-Re, I had put some points in places I didn’t like, I went for a re-spec.

I re-specced, and afterwards I couldn’t find hamsters or lolcats anymore.

The question is: is this expected behavio(u)r?

I was kinda expecting to keep those two abilities, ya’ know.

It’s not that I’m not upset or anything (hey, I cheated that char after all), and I realize it’s a minor issue. But I would like to know if this is a bug or not, and if it is, can I have my hamsters and lolcats back, pretty please? Log in to see images!

Also, I had kinda an hard time switching clbumes (this is the issue I was talking before).

When I started the game with the new character, I didn’t immediately talk to Shallow Esophagus.

Now, I don’t remember exactly what I did, but I either went directly to Denture Chat, or I clicked on the Missions tab, or I clicked on a link in the newsfeed.

Either way, after finishing with the forum, and getting the Mission Completed screen, I didn’t get anything related to switching clbum. I tried looking for the Mission Related tab on my bookmarks, but it was nowhere to be found. And no, refreshing and force-refreshing didn’t help.

So I looked up the link to the clbum switching page, and manually entered it. It worked, and both unlocked the Mission Related tab, and put an entry in my newsfeed about changing clbumes. But still, I felt kinda lost when I nothing happened after I finished the mission…

Well, that’s my daily bug/error/weirdness-reporting fix for today. Hope this helps in some way, and hope you can help me. I really liked my lolcats, you know *hint*hint*.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

That is how it is intended. If you want to make a hybrid character you can never respec once you select a clbum or you will lose the re-re attacks. Sorry. Log in to see images!

Lollerman

Level 35 Hacker

Owwwww. Ok, I’ll go cry in a corner.

I think it would be nice to change that, actually. Like a flag or something that lets you pick those abilities again after the reset. If a player goes through the hbumle to get those abilities, he deserves them, and shouldn’t be penalized for it. But meh.

In any case, I think it should be written somewhere, because I had read through the FAQ and the Wiki quite thoroughly (sp?), and couldn’t find any notice about that. I’m going to edit the Wiki article about haxlrose, brb. Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

scullyangel Posted:

That is how it is intended. If you want to make a hybrid character you can never respec once you select a clbum or you will lose the re-re attacks. Sorry. Log in to see images!

I’m bumuming that’s true for Re-Res that become Permanoobs as well?

Lollerman

Level 35 Hacker

Lollerman Posted:

I’m going to edit the Wiki article about haxlrose, brb. Log in to see images!

Done editing. Result is here: http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/revision/Haxlrose/11

Yes, it could use a better wording, so please go ahead and edit if you think you can do better. Or post here, and I’ll edit it.

Also, seconding Acid Flux’ question about Permanoobs resetting, so I can edit the article again accordingly.

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

looks nicer now Log in to see images!

LadyVulva

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

ShadyPixels Posted:

looks nicer now Log in to see images!

Agreed. Thanks.

I actually avoided the term “re-speccing” on purpose, but I won’t be nitpicking on you Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Acid Flux Posted:

I’m bumuming that’s true for Re-Res that become Permanoobs as well?

No, they can keep the re-re abilities. But why they would want to is a complete unknown, as all Permanoob abilities are 1 refresh and way stronger.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

No, they can keep the re-re abilities. But why they would want to is a complete unknown, as all Permanoob abilities are 1 refresh and way stronger.

True, I was just curious to know. I’m going to respec my Perma-Noob anyways, and figured I’d rather no for sure ahead of time.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

True, I was just curious to know. I’m going to respec my Perma-Noob anyways, and figured I’d rather no for sure ahead of time.

LadyVulva

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Edited again to specify that Permanoobs retain Re-Re’s abilities.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!