Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Q about 1-2-1-2-1-2 pattern

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I don’t remember the gameplay being so static back before .moar files were added. Was it?

I’m also sure it wasn’t back before community forums were released, while actually playing through the game. I remember having to manipulate consumables and attacks to pwn the final forum of Ep1 and even some of the early ones when I first played through.

Can any other old-timers verify this for me?

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I know that my combo was 12131213 for most of the Ep1 endgame, and the forums have usually felt a lot easier to pwn after Ep2

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Gameplay became repetitive (in the sense of 1-2-1-2) with the introduction of episode 2 imo.

the huge amount of upgrades made it so that high cred characters obliterate everything with ease.

The economy went inflated. flezz amount rocketed, items are worth so much more pointwise, attacks do so much more damage.

too much variables? I like the amount of customization but now I’ve got all the best stuff and tubs is untouchable on all but the top three forums.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Basicly with 3k+ Ego you will never need to use consumables on any forum. Before Ep 2 you had Faux, GFoC and Second Wife where you were forced to use consumables otherwise you wouldn’t survive. (You had to use consumables on others forums too like PP, PrayPal and Urbane if you weren’t a Troll/didn’t own a DML.)

Maybe it’s just because the forums are too easy.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

My two highest emo attacks both have a refresh rate of 1. Before episode 2, the second highest had a 2 turn refresh.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Secondary statistics were important. With all these new moar files, you can always choose the dearest attack. Level 35 players don’t need cosumables at all now, no matter which forum.

Fights were more exciting in Episode I, I would sign that

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Nicco Posted:

Basicly with 3k+ Ego you will never need to use consumables on any forum. Before Ep 2 you had Faux, GFoC and Second Wife where you were forced to use consumables otherwise you wouldn’t survive. (You had to use consumables on others forums too like PP, PrayPal and Urbane if you weren’t a Troll/didn’t own a DML.)

Maybe it’s just because the forums are too easy.

On the flipside, I have so much offense and defense I only have like 220 base ego with no equip, 640 after equip. I only need drugs on the lvl 35s and that other one that hits a lot. when you hit for 4500 then 3000 infinitely there’s no challenge.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Yeah I think it depends on the refresh rate. On my hacker it’s more like 1-2-3-2-1 and sometimes even 4.

Although for me its the other way around cause I have my attacks on 8-9-0.

Nicco

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

I only need drugs on the lvl 35s and that other one that hits a lot.

I spec to full offense I’m going to pwn any forum level 31 or lower, I spec to about 2k Ego and dump the other upgrade points into offense if I’m going to pwn level 32+ forums.

And yeah, I’ve got way too much offense and defense. Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Making forums unpredictable, however, would make ‘stache streaking much more difficult. I would support more strategy to the combat, however, is there a way to add the strategy without making upper level combat so risky that your char may not survive?

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

im too lazy to respec, nicco

plus if i use my full visits and run down the 30/20 level forums on the page i’ll get like 80 billion flezz on rollover so the cost of drugs is negated.

Nicco

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Fortunato Posted:

is there a way to add the strategy without making upper level combat so risky that your char may not survive?

That may be possible, but it’s useless because you can get so many Ego.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Please don’t turn this thread into another discussion about the CURRENT state of affairs. I want to know what it was like in the past, back when the game was NOT 1-2-1-2

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

im too lazy to respec, nicco

plus if i use my full visits and run down the 30/20 level forums on the page i’ll get like 80 billion flezz on rollover so the cost of drugs is negated.

Wouldn’t it be lazier to respec once and not have to buy/use the drugs each time you do a level 35 forum? I don’t remember using a drug since episode 1.

Sorry banhammer:

MC Banhammer Posted:

Please don’t turn this thread into another discussion about the CURRENT state of affairs. I want to know what it was like in the past, back when the game was NOT 1-2-1-2

It was a lot more interesting doing the hardest forums where you had to save up flezz to buy drugs, then go into combat hoping you had enough to survive the forum.. I don’t remember what attacks I used, I just remembering hoping that the forum would miss so I could attack instead of use a drug to regen.

I think if we had a level 39 forum right now, it would be similar.

Wylin edited this message on 03/13/2009 1:02PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Fortunato Posted:

Making forums unpredictable, however, would make ‘stache streaking much more difficult. I would support more strategy to the combat, however, is there a way to add the strategy without making upper level combat so risky that your char may not survive?

I don’t think it would be a bad thing for there to be a marginal risk of failure. Of course I wouldn’t want to see that implemented making one clbum invulnerable, which has traditionally been what happened with the huge defense boosts that trolls get.

If ET introduced an option to change clbum for BPs, the waves of conversion to troll by anyone who cares about speed running would be epic. I don’t think that is a good thing balance wise.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Good times.

And yes, it was not just 1-2-1-2-1-2… first of all, your attacks had a higher refresh rate, and also the whole game was much slower (now even the 35 level forums only take you a few attacks/thread, the dangerous thing about them is their damage). Why? One major reason is definitely that the game is much more customizable now. Back in Ep. 1, pumping every single of your Upgrade Points into Offense would result in failure – now it doesn’t.

FalCoN edited this message on 03/13/2009 1:12PM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Relevant old versions of wiki articles:

Camwhore: http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/revision/Camwhore/22

Emo Kid: http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/revision/Emo_Kid/27

Troll: http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/revision/Troll/32

Re-Res have pretty much remained the same.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

MC Banhammer Posted:

I don’t remember the gameplay being so static back before .moar files were added. Was it?

I’m also sure it wasn’t back before community forums were released, while actually playing through the game. I remember having to manipulate consumables and attacks to pwn the final forum of Ep1 and even some of the early ones when I first played through.

You are right it wasn’t like this before episode 2. Partly it was because every clbum’ strongest attacks had varied refresh rates. At first the episode 2 attacks had different refresh rates as well, but they were changed to 1 after the first attempt at clbum balancing.

The Ferv

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yeah, gameplay wasn’t nearly as static before ep.2 was introduced. But then, ep.1 had a level cap of 10 as opposed to 35, consumables that actually healed more damage than the forum could deal (if only slightly – but still enough to make the idea of using consumables something other than entirely pointless/unattractive), and more variable refresh rates for the higher-level abilities (among other things). But then on the upside, I don’t know about anyone else, but it did take me quite a bit of time and effort to get to the point where gameplay became static, compared to what it took to just complete episode 1.

The Ferv edited this message on 03/13/2009 3:44PM

greggcarson

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

Pink floyde killed the game balance and the top end troll move killed any stratagy for them, made it into just a 1-2-1-2 game.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!