Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Stray Bullet

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Actually this card is really nice from a strategy perspective. It’s useful for attack and defense; if someone’s sitting on a pile of bumholes you can use it to save yourself, and someone who’s attacking can eliminate some defense.

I’m looking forward to seeing how this affects the game.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Fortunato Posted:

Actually this card is really nice from a strategy perspective. It’s useful for attack and defense; if someone’s sitting on a pile of bumholes you can use it to save yourself, and someone who’s attacking can eliminate some defense.

I’m looking forward to seeing how this affects the game.

this card is very nice imo it could almost makes destruction medal more interesting

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

How does it affect your total for the Destruction medal?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

If a couple of players in a bracket decide to target you with stray bullets (or one with a constant supply of chocolate scoops) there’s really nothing you can do about it except card down for destruction yourself. There’s no strategy to combat it, since any other scoops have to be timed, and stray bullet does not.

This card is going to give a mbumive advantage to players with a high buildr score throughout this season.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 03/23/2009 6:03PM

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

If a couple of players in a bracket decide to target you with stray bullets (or one with a constant supply of chocolate scoops) there’s really nothing you can do about it except card down for destruction yourself. There’s no strategy to combat it, since any other scoops have to be timed, and stray bullet does not.

This card is going to give a mbumive advantage to players with a high buildr score throughout this season.

What are you talking about? If you dont have any card they can’t hit you with a stray bullet can they? If you card down to destruction then you’ll get hit with even more bullets, and you’ll also miss out the chance to win.

I don’t understand your strategy man

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Simple enough, if someone has a scoop earning advantage they can now leverage it much more effectively.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Simple enough, if someone has a scoop earning advantage they can now leverage it much more effectively.

I guess, is that bad? But what I couldn’t understand was why you would get even more cards when hit with bullets. Isn’t that like, what’s the phrase.. “turning the other cheek”?

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Since the balance has swung in favour of the player with more scoops, high end pistachio and chocolate are now more difficult to beat (or to put it another way it takes more players to get their bumes motivated to do so, which isn’t going to happen outside the top few brackets) Players with scoops to spare can use them with a 1:1 ratio to knock down competitors throughout the week, and those competitors have no strategic options since their cards have to be timed.

Before you had to spend 4 scoops to remove 2 from someone who’s lower down the scoop ladder (shotgun) now unless you’re dumb, it’s 4 for 4. We’ll see players equal on scoops, but one with 30 cards and the other with none.

What options does the player with 0 cards have? Build their scoops higher and hope they can soak up any bumhole damage? Card down for destruction? Neither option is appealing to me, so for me at least, the interesting part of the game has gone (positioning, efficiency, doing better with less scoops, building a scoop stack with the right proportions) to be replaced with simple attrition.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 03/24/2009 4:36AM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

It’s a shame because I like the idea of this card. It’s also a positive that players have to use their cards throughout the week, but not that by doing so it removes any strategic options. And I guess the fact you can specifically target a specific player alot more surgically, which helps those who’ve been staying under the radar sneak medals while a bunch of bumholes and loudmouths duke it out.

CLYDE

Avatar: 68330 Mon Oct 20 12:55:13 -0400 2008

[RAGING RAIDERS]

Level 30 Permanoob

BLINKY, INKY AND PINKY ARE DINKIES

What do you think about a card that disables someone’s bumhole from re-equipping? Call it an EMP or something. It would simply disable to toggle that re-equips shields. If you don’t have it enabled it does nothing. If you have a shield already equipped it stays equipped, but the next one won’t.

Might be complimentary to the next card and help balance out the benefit a shield brings (seems a little overpowered).

Also, should they consider lowering bumholes to… 8? I know they were 6 before, and now 10. We can’t seem to agree on what would be best.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

CLYDE Posted:

shields are overpowered [paraphrased]

Seriously? Shields? Shields are the only thing standing in the way of ridiculously overpowered destruction right now, and they’re rather flimsy. A Shield-dequipper would make Shields nearly worthless for most of the week.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!