Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Combo attacks

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

As you know playing is boring since all you do is press 12121212 or in hackers case 123456123456.

So why not FORCE people to use different skills? Users could play around with skills and see if a order would make a “Combo Attack”. How Combo Attack would work is, the user would use several skills of the same theme, the start of the combo and the end is not specified. When the combo ends depending on how much attacks were in it, it’d do different things to the forum. From more pwnage, to restoring ego, to maybe even healing the forum!

Now to stop this from being too overpowered put in combo breakers. How I intended this to work in my head is if you are in a combo only you are posting, there will be no attacks against you. Now the further you get into a combo there is a chance that a user from the forum will post “C-c-c-c-combo breaker!” which would dismiss your combo and damage you for more than it would. Now both of these factors are decided by how far you are into a combo.

Combo start: 0% damage increase/0% chance to break combo

Combo 1st attack: 5% damage increase/5% chance to break combo

Combo 2nd attack: 15% damage increase/10% chance to break combo

Combo 3rd attack: 40% damage increase/20% chance to break combo

(now things get dangerous)

Combo 4th attack: 80% damage increase/40% chance to break combo

Combo 5th attack: 160% damage increase/60% chance to break combo

Combo 6th attack: 200% damage increase/75% chance to break combo

Combo 7th attack: 250% damage increase/99% chance to break combo.

Combo 8th attack: 300% damage increase/99% chance to break combo.

You have the basic idea. Feel free to improve upon this, I just gave the numbers above to show a example.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

EXAMPLES

Working 4 combo

Emo kid posted “Fuuck my parents they dont let me do anything!” Whine About Parents

Emo kid posted “Fuuck school, they took my razors, just like my parents” Whine About School

Emo kid posted “****ing girlfriend! **** took my heart and stompedo n it!” Whine About Significant Other

Emo kid posted “That’s it I’m ending it Log in to see images!” Self-Mutilate

Result, Emo kid loses 25% hp, and takes 20% more damage.

Failed 4 combo

Emo kid posted “people just dont understand! take this arms! Log in to see images!!” Self-Mutilate

Emo kid posted “Look at these pictures I took when i went to the happy place!” My Morbid Portfolio

Random enemy “C-c-c-c-c-combo breaker!”

Emo kid would take 15% more damage from the attack.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 03/11/2009 9:09AM

GigMendecil

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

99% chance to fail seems a little extreme, but I like the idea. It turns it into a risk vs. reward situation, which is always fun.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

GigMendecil Posted:

99% chance to fail seems a little extreme, but I like the idea. It turns it into a risk vs. reward situation, which is always fun.

Just numbers I came up with on the spot just to give the general idea.

The Shade

Avatar: 107703 Sun Jan 04 22:31:23 -0500 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

I could see this actually being a cool way to make lower level attacks relevant.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Would be interesting but the toolbar is pretty crowded as is (in addition to normal clbum attacks, there are the various attacks involved in missions, consumables, bash/drool for finishing a thread, etc.)

If the toolbar were somehow expanded then I would like to see this idea.

Shiis Girlfr-
iend

Avatar: 98447 2011-07-31 00:56:37 -0400

Level 11 Emo Kid

Shii is my favorite person ever! I love him so.

Bigandtasty Posted:

Would be interesting but the toolbar is pretty crowded as is (in addition to normal clbum attacks, there are the various attacks involved in missions, consumables, bash/drool for finishing a thread, etc.)

If the toolbar were somehow expanded then I would like to see this idea.

Who still uses bash/drool anymore? Anyway yeah, create a second toolbar already CZ.

Lollerman

Avatar: 128395 Tue Mar 17 06:34:05 -0400 2009

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Second post.

I second this, too.

Signed.

greggcarson

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

Who needs that **** when you are a level 35 troll with most of the top end items? Why combo when I can kill most threads withs the good ‘ol 12

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

MrRaepdog Posted:

Who still uses bash/drool anymore? Anyway yeah, create a second toolbar already CZ.

I guessing you do at this time.

Also signed.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

greggcarson Posted:

Who needs that **** when you are a level 35 troll with most of the top end items? Why combo when I can kill most threads withs the good ‘ol 12

That’s the point, pressing 1 2 1 2 1 2 gets boring as hell, when EP3 rolls around, maybe pressing 1 2 1 2 won’t cut it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!