Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Itembuildr: Let's talk about it

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Pluvius Posted:

I clicked on the “Submit my Idea” bumon and almost immediately I started to feel like making the stats for the item randomly generated wasn’t such a good idea.

I wouldn’t want the user to make the stats.

On the other hand there will be a lot of useless files created.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

GOLDENSAUSAGE Posted:

Itembuildr needs a new logo.

EDIT: It’s auto-resized to 650x50 instead of 700x700. ****. Click here too see full size (duh).

Inconnu edited this message on 03/11/2009 7:16AM

IB6UB9

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Inconnu Posted:

Nice

John Fitzger-
ald Kennedy

Avatar: 43547 2009-10-17 10:48:44 -0400

[Dead Presidents So-
ciety
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Adapt Posted:

I like how there is a submission period and a voting period which are not happening at the same time. Maybe we could try something like this for forumbuildr, so that all the submissions start out on the same level. It would certainly eliminate the need to get things in early.

IIRC, someone said that they might use ideas from how itembuildr runs and transfer them over to forumbuildr.

Supported 100%

Inconnu Posted:

EDIT: It’s auto-resized to 650x50 instead of 700x700. ****. Click here too see full size (duh).

That looks pretty damn nice.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

ironic how itembuildr has no “beta” tag yet forumbuildr still does

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Adapt Posted:

I like how there is a submission period and a voting period which are not happening at the same time. Maybe we could try something like this for forumbuildr, so that all the submissions start out on the same level. It would certainly eliminate the need to get things in early.

This was intentional. If it works well we might re-think how ForumBuildr’s submitting/voting works but that’s a more complicated issue to solve.

It’s kind of experimental — I’m still not sure how well our users will respond to building two items at once.

Bigandtasty Posted:

ironic how itembuildr has no “beta” tag yet forumbuildr still does

That’s because forumbuildr is a parody of web 2.0 companies. itembuildr is not (even though the name is similar.)

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Adapt Posted:

Fantastic idea. Make a thread about it.

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

So far I’m not impressed with these subs Log in to see images!

8 goatses, at least 3 2girls1cup variations, and half of them aren’t even videos?

This reminds me of when INCIT posters had to relate to a player clbum.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

ShadyPixels Posted:

So far I’m not impressed with these subs Log in to see images!

8 goatses, at least 3 2girls1cup variations, and half of them aren’t even videos?

This reminds me of when INCIT posters had to relate to a player clbum.

There are definitely some good ones in there. I think we might have to add a note in the future to video files, something like:

“If you submit 2girls1cup, rickroll or goatse parodies, you’re not being funny.”

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Or maybe just add a note on itembuildr that says “Randomly spewing out memes like the girls who starred in 2girls1cup isn’t, nor ever will be, funny.”

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Hey guys, just so you know…I’m down-voting any entry that contains any kind of reference or allusion to any Forumwarz users. Log in to see images!

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Inconnu Posted:

I love this, better logo imo.

Evil Trout Posted:

”If you submit 2girls1cup, rickroll or goatse parodies, you’re not being funny.”

This should definitively be in the guidelines.

At least the description winning right now isn’t too terrible. I don’t think it was the best of the ones I saw, but its ok.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Watching all of the top ones drop down dramatically is making me think some people are just going through and downvoting every submission.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

And one more thing, I’d like to have something that told me how people voted on my submission. Right now I just have the score, but I don’t really know if people kind of liked it, or if it totally bombed. I think it should be like the forumbuildr where you get to see upvotes/downvotes/then score.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Wylin Posted:

Watching all of the top ones drop down dramatically is making me think some people are just going through and downvoting every submission.

thats what most people do. dump people with negative voting status

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Base Cost: 65,345

Was 350,000 last night

toxx, generichaxor clause

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Incredibly frustrating. I was sure that mine would at least be a contender, and I log on to find it’s already at -5.

And, no, it wasn’t anything about 2girls1cup, RickRoll or Goatse. It did reference an internet meme, and actually made sense based on the fact that the file gives two different Secondary Stats.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Wylin Posted:

my sub went from +6 to -3 Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

EVECHARM Posted:

thats what most people do. dump people with negative voting status

I’m probably going to wind up with a negative voting status because I have yet to see a good entry, after only looking at about 30 of them. That doesn’t mean I won’t find something in the other 200+ that’s worth voting on, so I would appreciate the opportunity to vote on those.

If someone downvotes everything then that vote is a wash anyway.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Wylin Posted:

My submission had a respectable score of 3 twenty minutes ago, now I’m at -3.

The 24 hour voting period seems pretty cool, but it’s going to give a lot of weight to downvoters as well. At least in Forumbuildr, scores tend to rebound halfway into the week.

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’m probably going to wind up with a negative voting status because I have yet to see a good entry, after only looking at about 30 of them. That doesn’t mean I won’t find something in the other 200+ that’s worth voting on, so I would appreciate the opportunity to vote on those.

If someone downvotes everything then that vote is a wash anyway.

Out of the entire batch of entries, I think I upvoted…like, five of them. The biggest thing I noticed was people ignoring the stats of the items – I saw lolcats entries for an item that increases sexiness and douchebaggery. Log in to see images! Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 03/11/2009 5:19PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!