Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Itembuildr: Let's talk about it

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

You’ve only witnessed the first day of itembuildr’s four-day cycle, and the functionality has been hobbled because there’s nothing to vote on yet.

We kindly ask that you wait until the appropriate date to profess your predictable and unjustified disappointment. Thanks.

Now where’s the fun in that?

Evil Trout Posted:

Acid Flux Posted:

Or are we going to be able to give new and different icons to .moar files? Because that would be sweet.

I’m going to be honest, I haven’t made up my mind yet. The system fully supports each .moar file having its own icon, even though it would be inconsistent. Let’s see what people come up with, and then we’ll let the community help us decide.

Awesome, because if mine wins, I’ve already got something ready to go.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Acid Flux Posted:

We should repost our serious questions here, so that we get real answers instead of MCBanny’s trolling in the other thread.

1. The Item Name submission box has a forced character limit, similar to INCIT. However, the description text box does not. I was able to successfully submit a description of 500 characters, as five separate strings of 100 characters each.

2. Are submissions that fail to follow the guidelines listed here automatically disqualified? Is there any sort of Admin/Mod review before these go to the voting phase?

3. If the item is a .moar file, should we add in the file tag text (i.e., .pr0n and .divy for video files, etc.) or will this be added automatically?

3) In the future, I wouldn’t be surprised if we tack on .moar extensions automagically, but for now let’s just try to be accurate. Nobody will be disqualified for something like that, but we’ll have to fix it in post.

2) Well, we haven’t tested it out yet, but the idea is an editor will touch it up before it goes live (or after, if need be). You won’t be disqualified for not completely adhering to the style guide, but we strongly encourage that you try. We also reserve the right to scrap an item outright because it doesn’t fit into the Forumwarz universe. This is highly experimental and we’ll learn as we go.

1) Changes have been implemented, let us know if weird things keep coming up.

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

NVM, DB

Czarnian Assassin edited this message on 03/10/2009 8:36PM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

If were not allowed to make up the extensions, them I think at the very least it should be a drop down menu or something for us to pick. Sometimes the file extension can accentuate the name.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Princezz_Undies Posted:

i don’t wanna troll or anything, but i feel like that all these buildr functions are not for our benefits, but for et’s, because with these users will do all the work cz’s supposed to do. just my thoughts.

We have done and will continue to do the work of creating items (and lots of other in-game content), but we see this as an opportunity to create more and better items and release them faster, while keeping users engaged and rewarding them for their efforts. It also gives winners an ego boost, knowing that they’re funnier and cleverer than us and will inevitably create a new game that will destroy us all.

These comments come up whenever user-generated content is pushed, but we honestly think it’s win-win.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

OK it’s the first item but… 147 entries so far? Of which a significant minority will be funny/very worthy of inclusion. At least more than 1 anyway. 146 entries will amount to wasted creativity.

At least with Forumbuildr you get more chances to have your submission count.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 03/10/2009 9:51PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

There’s that. There’s also the potential peens here. What of them?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

OK it’s the first item but… 147 entries so far? Of which a significant minority will be funny/very worthy of inclusion. At least more than 1 anyway. 146 entries will amount to wasted creativity.

At least with Forumbuildr you get more chances to have your submission count.

Well, we can’t make multiple entries win per stat configuration. And we also can’t flood the stores with thousands and thousands of items. But we will be hanging on to all of your ideas. Some might even get used down the road.

Maybe we’ll find a way to expand itembuildr to allow for multiple winners — it’s a little early to say. For the time being, we just consider it a special, highly competitive bi-daily challenge.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Fortunato Posted:

There’s that. There’s also the potential peens here. What of them?

None have been awarded yet, as it’s only the first day, as you may have noticed.

You can safely bumume Peen will be part of the equation.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

One other thing. What about the possibility of copyrighted content appearing in the photos? Will this work like any other site i.e. someone complains about copyrighted material, you take it down immediately?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Does this give chocolate scoop or not?

Are each round 24 hours long? How long is the voting round? And then comes the Image round? Can you then also submit an idea in the same day or do you have to wait for the image voting.. How does this work?

There’s just not enough info available in the FAQ

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Inertia Posted:

Does this give chocolate scoop or not?

Are each round 24 hours long? How long is the voting round? And then comes the Image round? Can you then also submit an idea in the same day or do you have to wait for the image voting.. How does this work?

There’s just not enough info available in the FAQ

read the blog post, it pretty much covers everything.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Evil Trout Posted:

Here’s the thing: people like contributing to the game and seeing their content come to life.

For me at least, it doesn’t mean as much when its going to be so common.

GOLDENSAUSAGE

Avatar: 63088 Thu Nov 20 00:23:00 -0500 2008

[Domination Nation]

Level 45 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

Itembuildr needs a new logo.

GOLDENSAUSAGE edited this message on 03/11/2009 12:14AM

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

was Posted:

For me at least, it doesn’t mean as much when its going to be so common.

then try naming something less common, like a peen or something

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

let’s take all the crappiness of forumbuildr’s mbum democracy creation and turn that power onto items

foolproof

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Crinkz Posted:

read the blog post, it pretty much covers everything.

ah blogs

i always forget about them

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

I like how there is a submission period and a voting period which are not happening at the same time. Maybe we could try something like this for forumbuildr, so that all the submissions start out on the same level. It would certainly eliminate the need to get things in early.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Adapt Posted:

I like how there is a submission period and a voting period which are not happening at the same time. Maybe we could try something like this for forumbuildr, so that all the submissions start out on the same level. It would certainly eliminate the need to get things in early.

hey excellent idea

support.

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I clicked on the “Submit my Idea” bumon and almost immediately I started to feel like making the stats for the item randomly generated wasn’t such a good idea.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!