Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ Anyone know how often jobs get updated?

sugarcult

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

How long does it usually take for the jobs at Herschel Jewstein’s Kosher Crazy Careers gets updated? I don’t think it’s by rollover cuz it’s different in the morning than at night. Also not when you level, i’ve checked that. It seems pretty random, anyone know a time it takes for a refresh/update?

Mommy Raped -
Me

Level 27 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

I heard someone say every hour.

sugarcult

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

maybe it’s very subtle and they change the jobs one at a time, cuz it’s been a couple hours and they don’t look different, though i don’t pay attention to ones i’m not interested in doing.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

When jobs are generated, they’re thrown in a local cache with a timeout. When the timeout expires, the jobs are refreshed. ET doesn’t remember offhand what that timeout is.

Zebulun284

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I’ve been doing the job board for a month or so now, and I’m pretty sure it’s either 4 or 5 hours exactly. All of them change at the same time.

mLegion

Avatar: 152056 Tue Mar 24 15:22:55 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Can anyone tell me why the job board only displays such low level jobs too? I never seem to be able to find a job a few levels higher then myself.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

mLegion Posted:

Can anyone tell me why the job board only displays such low level jobs too? I never seem to be able to find a job a few levels higher then myself.

I don’t know the exact algorithm, but the board only offers forums within a few levels of your own.

As a side note (although this is stated elsewhere), higher Luck will increase the number of jobs available to you.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Its in a 7 level range. the jobs can be on forums at a level anywhere between x-5 and x+1 (x being your level at the last job refresh)

dobnits edited this message on 03/28/2009 2:06AM

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

dobnits Posted:

Its in a 7 level range. the jobs can be on forums at a level anywhere between x-5 and x+1 (x being your level at the last job refresh)

did you actually do the math on this, or did ET have it posted somewhere?

Cruzader

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

AntiRules187 Posted:

did you actually do the math on this, or did ET have it posted somewhere?

Not sure if ET posted that, but it seems right. It’s not that difficult to figure out anyways.

mLegion

Avatar: 152056 Tue Mar 24 15:22:55 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

well thats damn annoying, the only forums worth pwning are equal or above your level, would be better if it was x-2 to x+4

Doomlar

[Th3 Hax0r Cr3w]

Level 16 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

i thinks its either 1 hr or 24hrs

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

MC Banhammer Posted:

As a side note (although this is stated elsewhere), higher Luck will increase the number of jobs available to you.

I’m fairly sure high luck also increases the number of jobs which earn 5 points and/or don’t require a speedrun.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!