Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 reserve prices

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

****ing hell. I lost yet another file I need/want because the system doesn’t recognize that I *did* bid higher than reserve, but no one else bumped my bid up.

Can we PLEASE make it so that your bid automatically jumps to meet the reserve price if you did? That’s how eBay works… and I imagine all online auctions.

At the very least, give the seller the option to sell it for whatever the high bid is.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Absolutely signed.

WoweeZowee

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

signed

Ducksrule

Avatar: 86816 Mon Feb 16 06:59:46 -0500 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

spacekadt Posted:

****ing hell. I lost yet another file I need/want because the system doesn’t recognize that I *did* bid higher than reserve, but no one else bumped my bid up.

Can we PLEASE make it so that your bid automatically jumps to meet the reserve price if you did? That’s how eBay works… and I imagine all online auctions.

At the very least, give the seller the option to sell it for whatever the high bid is.

Signed

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Yes please.

Rigr

Avatar: 132036 Mon Mar 16 12:22:53 -0400 2009

[Epic Win]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

A better way would be to have the item stay in Kyoubai for retrieval by the seller. As long as the seller didn’t take back his item the highest bidder (or maybe everyone) can buyout the item for the reserve price. After the items taken back the offer will of course also be gone. If the item is bought out then everyone is happy.Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Here we go. How ebay does it, from their help forums (because their own help doesn’t actually state it:

Q Posted:

when a auction ends and the reserve isnt met, why isnt the price upgraded to the maximum bid you set

A1 Posted:

Your max bid did not meet the Reserve, so no need to show it. Had your max bid met or exceeded the Reserve, it would jump to the Reserve.

A2 Posted:

Because no one else has bid any higher against you.The bidding war has to take it up to that amt. <<

True..EXCEPT that if you meet the reserve, the price will ‘jump’ to meet it. You don’t need another bidder to meet reserve.

Will point ET to this thread now as traditionally (i.e., in one other case) he changed Kyoubai to work like eBay.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Ah, I see your pain. I will see what I can do about this!

GGH

Avatar: 105218 Tue Feb 17 15:32:24 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Please do, I’ve lost a bunch of files like that.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

I support this

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

Bump.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Evil Trout Posted:

I guess I’ll have to wait patiently. Honestly, I’m not sure how a fix would be complicated, just add something like the following pseudocode:

(if (and (< CurBid Reserve) (> MaxBid Reserve))
(set! CurBid Reserve)
())

Or something in a reasonable person’s programming language (my brain is in LISP), seriously all that needs to be done is:

1) At the end of an auction, check that both “current bid” is less than “reserve price” and “reserve price” is less than “maximum bid”.

2) If it is, replace “current bid” with “reserve price”

3) Otherwise, do nothing.

I mean, it’s just evaluating a conditional that involves checking the relative magnitudes of three numbers, then either replacing something with something else, or doing nothing. I can’t think of a programming context in which this is hard, but I’m probably missing something.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

signed, OP upvoted.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

It would also be handy if Kyoubai would do the eBay thing where the high bidder can see, “reserve not met” if in fact their max bid is exceeded by the reserve. Though, for this to be useful, you’d have to be able to bid on an auction you’re winning (thereby increasing your max bid), which would be another good feature to have. Why can’t we do that again?

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

It would also be handy if Kyoubai would do the eBay thing where the high bidder can see, “reserve not met” if in fact their max bid is exceeded by the reserve. Though, for this to be useful, you’d have to be able to bid on an auction you’re winning (thereby increasing your max bid), which would be another good feature to have. Why can’t we do that again?

Also signing this.

But a collary to this: people also need to stop setting high reserves for lousy/mediocre files.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Fortunato Posted:

Also signing this.

But a collary to this: people also need to stop setting high reserves for lousy/mediocre files.

I think the listing fee for auctions should increase precipitously with a high reserve. I just got the dreaded “reserve not met” message from bidsquid for a file that’s on Kyoubai all the time (Ruby Scripts), with the winning bid in excess of 1.2 million flezz. Sure, go ahead and set a reserve significantly in excess of one million flezz, but the game should ding you for that.

But I’m getting off topic here. What really needs to happen is Trout needs to fix it so that the max bid is checked against the reserve before Bidsquid sends his condolences.

Dirt_E_ATM

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I also like these proposals.

It would also be useful to see recent final sale prices for items(like the last 10-15 auctions of a particular item). This would take some guesswork out of setting a reasonable reserve price.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Bump. Does ET even read this forum?

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Does anybody know if there’s a better way to bring “Please fix reserve prices” to Evil Trout’s attention, other than periodically bumping this thread?

The following changes would be ideal (in order of importance):

1) If “Winning Bid” < “Reserve” < “Max Bid” increase the winning bid to the reserve price, award the item to the bidder and the flezz to the auctioner.

2) For the person who is currently the high bidder, allow that person to see “Reserve Not Met” on the auction page, in case their max bid is less than the reserve price.

3) In order for #2 to be effective, allow the high bidder to re-bid in order to increase his or her maximum bid.

Those three changes would make Kyoubai much more user friendly for people who buy and sell rare items that have limited (but pbumionate) markets.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Could a mod please clarify something for me:

Is the Kyoubai forum the suggested forum for discussing potential improvements, changes, flaws, etc. for Kyoubai, or is it just for advertising your auctions?

It seems that since the forum is almost exclusively advertisements for people’s auctions, the noise to signal ratio will make it difficult to actually get a discussion going. I know I wouldn’t read this forum if it weren’t to bump this thread periodically.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!