Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Watchmen

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

The DVD is supposed to be an hour longer.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Read it, watched the motion comic, but wont see the movie til this weekend.

but omg lookit this

Player X

Avatar: 113668 2010-09-01 01:19:19 -0400

[Party Van Enthusia-
sts
]

Level 66 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Odalisque Posted:

Read it, watched the motion comic, but wont see the movie til this weekend.

but omg lookit this

That. Was. ORGASMIC.

Drunkenlazyb-
astard

Avatar: 10017 Sun Nov 02 12:21:15 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

STUPID WANNABE INTERNET CELEBRITY, BTW ED ****ING SUCKS AND I SHOULD DIE

but who watches the watchmen?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

The scene where Rorshac deep-fat fries a man epitomizes everything I love about movie violence.

The film was amazing. If there was anything wrong with it, it came from time constraints – anytime you try to cram an entire graphic novel (or series of them) into the span of less than 2 hours (luckily, Watchmen ran for 2 1/2), some parts are going to get chopped out. Still, the film hit all the notes that it needed to from the original novel.

Drunkenlazyb-
astard

Avatar: 10017 Sun Nov 02 12:21:15 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

STUPID WANNABE INTERNET CELEBRITY, BTW ED ****ING SUCKS AND I SHOULD DIE

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

The scene where Rorshac deep-fat fries a man epitomizes everything I love about movie violence.

The film was amazing. If there was anything wrong with it, it came from time constraints – anytime you try to cram an entire graphic novel (or series of them) into the span of less than 2 hours (luckily, Watchmen ran for 2 1/2), some parts are going to get chopped out. Still, the film hit all the notes that it needed to from the original novel.

aside from changing the ****ing ending. and making the comedian into tony ****ing stark.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Loose Johnny Posted:

Finally, someone who shares my sentiments. Log in to see images!

On a side note, I thought I would die laughing at the Archie sex scene. The music was funny enough, but when Silk Spectre came and the flamethrower turned on, I thought I would die laughing.

Interesting. We got to see the freak out of the big blue scene, the actual superman being too separate and different. Then we see the players who can never stop being human, but have chosen to wear the mask, who can only seem to be their true selves with the mask. I don’t know, I thought the camp they added was cliche, but kind of needed to bring the audience back from that sex place into the bigger story.

Loved the book, thought the movie was as close as possible.

LadyCooper

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

MidnightPhoenix Posted:

Regarding music – I thought the choices were generally excellent… although Leonard Cohen’s version of Hallelujah is easily the worst I’ve ever heard. Probably added for Canadian content or some such. Pity, since Patricia O’Callahan is Canadian (i think) and has a decent version.

Yes! What about k.d.lang’s version? That’s beautiful and CanCon. Speaking of, between the music and the guy from Little Mosque as a scientist, why was there all that CanCon?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Funny side note: I read Watchmen for the first time around the same time that we were crafting the overall Forumwarz storyline.

Jalapeno had read it ages ago and loved it, so I was like “Let’s make our storyline as deep and dark as Watchmen!” and even went as far as to buy him a new copy of it so he could read it again.

Obviously that didn’t work out, but there is a more serious storyline underneath our parody (I believe this starts to come out towards the end of E2, but won’t be fully fleshed out until E3 is complete.)

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

All I can think of now is the David Lynch adaptation of Dune.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Evil Trout Posted:

Obviously that didn’t work out, but there is a more serious storyline underneath our parody (I believe this starts to come out towards the end of E2, but won’t be fully fleshed out until E3 is complete.)

Yeah, the serious storyline didn’t make itself more noticeable until around the end of EP2.

Bbumie

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Loved the movie never read the book.

It ****ing kicks bum tho.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

MidnightPhoenix Posted:

although Leonard Cohen’s version of Hallelujah is easily the worst I’ve ever heard.

i agree. although he did write it so he gets some props for that.

really the only leonard cohen songs i’ve heard and liked (not looking at lyrics here, just how the song sounds as a whole) are “The Future” and “Everybody Knows”. well, let’s maybe throw “I’m Your Man” in there too.

MidnightPhoe-
nix

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Everybodyknows Posted:

i agree. although he did write it so he gets some props for that.

really the only leonard cohen songs i’ve heard and liked (not looking at lyrics here, just how the song sounds as a whole) are “The Future” and “Everybody Knows”. well, let’s maybe throw “I’m Your Man” in there too.

Actually I liked Leonard Cohen’s entire “I’m Your Man” album, but a lot of the rest of his stuff is pretty bad.

As for the CanCon, I heard it was filmed in Vancouver, and there are some pretty hefty tax breaks you can get… maybe they’re “suggesting” a little scratch-back?

My personal favourite theory is that it is homage to the live-action Tick. (It did a gloriously “bad” job hiding it was filmed in Canada).

Beyond Within

[Lords of Pie]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Saw it. Loved it. Dreamed of blue male reproductive organes.

Arc_73

[ZOMG its the KRAKEN]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Drunkenlazybastard Posted:

aside from changing the ****ing ending. and making the comedian into tony ****ing stark.

He only looked like him, they had absolutely nothing else in common really.

After thinking about it for a weekend, the movie actually wasnt that bad. Its just the ending that ****ed me the **** off.

And that video just cured cancer.

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I guess the biggest issue I had with the movie was the heavy emphasis on the fighting and the way it made it seem as if everyone was more than human.

And the lack of woman's genitals monster. Blue male reproductive organ bomb is no substitute for woman's genitals monster.

The Girl Wit-
h Mad Skillz-
Yo

[Homosexual Goose M-
afiosi
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Kaavink we have hentai for that.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!