Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant rigged gambling

hyugafan

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

is it just me or is the gambler-bot a bigger jew than herschel?

seriously….

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Try searching for the 1000 threads about this. Also. Gambling is meant to take your money.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

He/she/it does seem to draw an inordinate amount of 10+10s at Blackjack. In a row.

But then again sometimes I have an uncanny run of luck, so who’s to say?

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

I’m sick of people who have no idea about how randomness actually works complaining about GambleBot. If you think it’s rigged, run an actual statistical analysis with a good number of trials (1000 is not enough) using basic strategy or combination-based strategy (GambleBot might hit hard 17s with Aces in them; if this hasn’t been fixed, the strategy might need tweaking), perform some actual statistical tests on the data, graph it, and present it. I wouldn’t be surprised if GambleBot’s weird rules actually gave a player edge, although the 1.2 payout for Blackjacks makes that doubtful.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

zagerblag Posted:

I’m sick of people who have no idea about how randomness actually works complaining about GambleBot. If you think it’s rigged, run an actual statistical analysis with a good number of trials (1000 is not enough) using basic strategy or combination-based strategy (GambleBot might hit hard 17s with Aces in them; if this hasn’t been fixed, the strategy might need tweaking), perform some actual statistical tests on the data, graph it, and present it. I wouldn’t be surprised if GambleBot’s weird rules actually gave a player edge, although the 1.2 payout for Blackjacks makes that doubtful.

Yeah um… The gambling is rigged. It’s a known fact. Raepdog knows.

Grayson81

Level 68 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

zagerblag Posted:

I’m sick of people who have no idea about how randomness actually works complaining about GambleBot.

If you’re going to post something that condescending, you should probably check your facts first. The game’s creators have already said that they have intentionally modified the rules of Blackjack because they wanted to move the odds in favour of Gamblebot.

It has been speculated (by people who have every bit as much of an idea about how randomness works as you do) that this has been done by changing the odds of Gamblebot’s second card being the most useful one.

As a keen gambler, I’m offended by this concept. If they want to modify the payout, they should do so by changing the reward for winning, not by moving away from the the fact that Blackjack is meant to be played with a deck of 52 normal playing cards (each of which has the same chance of appearing).

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Grayson81 Posted:

If you’re going to post something that condescending, you should probably check your facts first. The game’s creators have already said that they have intentionally modified the rules of Blackjack because they wanted to move the odds in favour of Gamblebot.

It has been speculated (by people who have every bit as much of an idea about how randomness works as you do) that this has been done by changing the odds of Gamblebot’s second card being the most useful one.

As a keen gambler, I’m offended by this concept. If they want to modify the payout, they should do so by changing the reward for winning, not by moving away from the the fact that Blackjack is meant to be played with a deck of 52 normal playing cards (each of which has the same chance of appearing).

Really? That would suck, and it would completely ruin any attempt at formulating a decent GambleBot Blackjack strategy. Where was this? I actually want to do this test now; unfortunately, I can’t script. Are you sure they weren’t referring to the 1.2x payout for Blackjacks?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!