Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Undo Ability Buy

Alie

Level 17 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

This is more of a feature request than anything else. For those of us who are bad at math, it would be really nice to have a way to undo ability buys right after we’ve bought them (similar to how you can unbuy stuff in the stores).

Not to mention it would make the characters a little easier to configure because you could see exactly how many points you’d have after you bought x, y x2, and z, without having to make a spreadsheet or do math. (Math is boring. I’m too busy Log in to see images! Alie edited this message on 03/06/2008 5:14PM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

So, you’re too busy to do the boring math needed to not screw up your ability purchases, but want someone else to type in the code (which is math based, just FYI) to make your experience in this free online game more mind-numbingly simple?

Out of curiosity, and this is a totally unrelated question, how many Brownie Points have you purchased today?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Acid Flux Posted:

So, you’re too busy to do the boring math needed to not screw up your ability purchases, but want someone else to type in the code (which is math based, just FYI) to make your experience in this free online game more mind-numbingly simple?

Out of curiosity, and this is a totally unrelated question, how many Brownie Points have you purchased today?

Things which can get you banned with emphasis by me Posted:

Don’t troll it up with personal insults, unconstructive criticism/suggestions/answers, or just plain annoying things like UPPER CASE text.

Watch yourself, Acid.

Alie, there’s something in the works which will help with what you’re asking about, which I’m not at liberty to discuss further at this time.

Also, that’s what haxlrose is for.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Noob, you’ve gotta be kidding me. How was that unconstructive? Buying Brownie Points allows a player to create a new character if they want, which allows them to make different ability choices & purchases. And how is demanding that someone change the game to suit their own needs a lesser offense than asking the simple question of whether or not a player has ever supported the game?

Seriously, man, you’re giving me a warning for asking if someone is supporting the game they’re making demands of? Really?

Wow.

Ok.

Whatev.

Yer the boss.

But I still think it’s a bum rap.

Acid Flux edited this message on 03/06/2008 8:07PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Sigh. I knew it would come to something like this eventually.

From where I’m sitting, Acid, a guy made a suggestion. You then came along and said, and I paraphrase here, “This is a free game. Unless you paid money, you have no right to make a suggestion.” And that’s just not accurate.

In your subsequent post, you say the OP is “demanding” changes. He’s not. He’s just suggesting one. As countless others have. If he had been demanding, then I see where your original post would’ve been correctly addressing the situation. But since he wasn’t, it came off — to me, at least — as completely non value-added, and somewhat insulting.

However, I should’ve been less blunt with my first post. For that, I apologize. I’m not considering the ban-stick, I’m really not. I just wanted to highlight a rule I’ve seen broken several times (not by you) so people are more aware of its existence.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Acid Flux Posted:

Seriously, man, you’re giving me a warning for asking if someone is supporting the game they’re making demands of? Really?

This is more of a feature request than anything else.

Sounds like a suggestion to me. Demands tend to follow the “Do <<DEMAND>> or I’ll <<ACTION>>” format.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Fair enough. It was the “I’m too busy” comment that caught my attention more than anything else, along with the annoyance that it seemed like a non-FAQ reading post. Perhaps I took the tone of the original post the wrong way.

At first it sounded more like a demand than a suggestion. I think everyone should be allowed to make suggestions. But demands are another matter.

My bad for the misinterpretation. No hard feelings?

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Bringing the thread back on track, I can see this being useful simply as an “Oh ****, wrong bumon” fixer. Once you browse away from the update page, the changes are set, but at least you have that minor bit of insurance that you won’t have to live with that accidental +1 Luck.

Riva

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 8 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

I’m delighted/frightened by the variety of emoticons~ Log in to see images!

OKIE I AM DUN.

Anyway, how hard is that to program into the game? The game seems pretty casual, if its a easy change then I think it could be kinda cool.

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

I second it. Would be a nice feature. There are times when cats or what not can walk over the keyboard all the sudden or something. you never DO know Log in to see images!

Alie

Level 17 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Acid Flux Posted:

Perhaps I took the tone of the original post the wrong way.

At first it sounded more like a demand than a suggestion. I think everyone should be allowed to make suggestions. But demands are another matter.

My bad for the misinterpretation. No hard feelings?

Oh, certainly not on my part. I apologize, I thought it was clear I was just joking with the “i’m too busy cutting to do math” thing. This was totally a feature SUGGESTION and not a demand that re-buying should be free or we should all get exactly the same abilities all the time. It was mostly a “hey, they do this for buying, which is AWESOME, what if they did this for ability buy, at which I suck?”

(Honestly, I ask for the feature because I am too dumb to know what I want for abilities until I’ve actually SEEN how they interact with each other (i.e. where I can distribute points until I ain’t got no more). Yeah. WoW drove me nuts.)

I totally get that’s what haxlrose is for—no worries, I know about her, I’m not ****ing that I can’t do it ever. And as for supporting the game, I fully intend to—I’m not 12, I just wanted to make sure I was actually going to play for longer than 2 days before I spent any money on it. Now that I have, I’m definitely going to buy another character and play through as a camwhore or troll, maybe.

(Note to self: I can’t find info on how many points each enhancement costs on the wiki; maybe I’ll take one for the team the NEXT time I rebalance and put that info up there.)

Alie edited this message on 03/07/2008 7:49AM

Alie

Level 17 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

I am a double posting dumbbum. Log in to see images! Alie edited this message on 03/07/2008 7:44AM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Alie Posted:

I am a double posting dumbbum. Log in to see images!

Heh, see above, I was too.

Yay, we have something in common!

Alie

Level 17 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

HURRAY.

I buy brownie points, change usertitle of you to “double posts ftw”? (Not funny. Must funnier make it.)

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Alie Posted:

(Note to self: I can’t find info on how many points each enhancement costs on the wiki; maybe I’ll take one for the team the NEXT time I rebalance and put that info up there.)

I heard that somebody was working on that. I certainly wish to, but I’m willing to bet that the other somebody probably has several characters and will beat me to it by time periods measured in ages.

So, uh, just give it a little time, the wiki is slowly getting filled up. Log in to see images!

Alternatively, of course, you could buy a few BPs and make another character to figure it out. ;D

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Alie Posted:

Seemingly, only the Trolls article has a upgrade cost tree — and I’m pretty sure that’s because they’re filling the blanks themselves as they up one level. Same thing on the Illegalities article.

Buster Hymen

[Challengers of the ****ing Impossible]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’d like to see an undo bumon for this as well, if only because I stupidly mashed the bumons impatiently once when the server was laggy and did Jesus-Knows-What to my character.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Alie Posted:

Funny you should ask this. See my next post, which for a time at least is going to be sticky. Log in to see images!

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

n00b65 Posted:

Funny you should ask this. See my next post, which for a time at least is going to be sticky. Log in to see images!

In fact, even the wiki is updated now. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!