Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing Character Idea: The Suit

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Balloon Posted:

True, although I keep picture what the artist would look like alongside the picryres we have of the hacker and troll. For some reason it just looks believable. With the beret and goatee in a beatnik style. Wearing a purple shirt with black slacks. I just picture it so well.

Just curious… why did he want to call it “The Suit”.

It would have a been a mature, intelligent, businesslike user. Hence, “The Suit.” But I’m open to suggestions. Smart Aleck isn’t bad.

To the OP, great post, signed, but don’t expect it anytime soon. Apparently we have to “improve the game” first. Log in to see images!

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I think I’ll post a thread telling you how to do that.

I feel I have the God-given right to tell you how to “fix” your supposedly broken game despite having no experience in game design whatsoever.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

It would have a been a mature, intelligent, businesslike user. Hence, “The Suit.” But I’m open to suggestions. Smart Aleck isn’t bad.

To the OP, great post, signed, but don’t expect it anytime soon. Apparently we have to “improve the game” first. Log in to see images!

It’s like he took the words out of your mouth.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

Physics Posted:

Not signed.

We want a Clbumbuildr.

Why?

It will become worse than Forumbuildr really quickly Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Auser Posted:

Why?

It will become worse than Forumbuildr really quickly Log in to see images!

I’m looking forward to someone named LolItrolledu with the clbum male reproductive organmale reproductive organmale reproductive organbum********blahblahblah

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Seriously.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

A ClbumBuildr would be a good idea if it was a lot slower than forumbuildr, ie once or twice a year.

Ravaryn

Avatar: 75916 Tue Nov 04 19:49:43 -0500 2008

[WeChall]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Big Brother Posted:

A ClbumBuildr would be a good idea if it was a lot slower than forumbuildr, ie once or twice a year.

And subject to approval from ET.

I kind of like the idea for the clbum, but add in some fish for the Intelligence consumables. I mean, they *are* supposed to be brain food.

That, and maybe a Mini-Wheats ripoff.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Ah, well, while you’re trying to improve the game, I happened to have already written stumbled across a list of ways to fix flamebate.

http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/28668-itt-a-way-to-fix-flamebate

Rablo

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

signed

also another clbum Idea could be the internet tough guy.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Big Brother Posted:

In order to be really good, it would have to be a very slow process. Something like:

Step 1: Call for submissions goes out.

Step 2: CZ goes through the submissions and chooses the ten (arbitrary number) best ideas.

Step 3: Players vote on which of those ten they like the best, that’s the next clbum.

Step 4: A call for concepts for equipment and skills goes out.

Step 5: CZ picks through the submissions and chooses their favorites.

Step 6: Players vote on which of CZ’s favorites are the best.

Step 7: CZ tweaks the numbers on the skills and equipment, and viola new clbum.

It could be good, but it would require a significant degree of oversight in order to not detract from the game. It doesn’t matter so much if there are ****ty ideas for forums in the game, as new players who would potentially be turned off by something lame might not see them for days if not weeks. On the other hand, everybody sees all the clbumes almost immediately, so a lame clbum could potentially hurt the appeal of the game.

g7parsh

Avatar: 119206 2010-03-02 23:21:21 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I like this idea.

I sign for it.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Clbum design doesn’t seem like something that can be done well collaboratively. Also, how many Buildr ideas do we have now? What will someone propose next, BuildrBuildr?

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Maybe if a clbumbuildr was done the same way as the recent word_types stuff… but to be honest I don’t think it work.

This clbum is a pretty neat idea, although not suited to ‘the suit’ maybe.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

zagerblag Posted:

Clbum design doesn’t seem like something that can be done well collaboratively. Also, how many Buildr ideas do we have now? What will someone propose next, BuildrBuildr?

Right now we have 1. Forumbuilder.

Itembuilder is still in the works.

And BuildrBuildr is a great idea.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

OP’s idea is amusing, so signed.

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

In order to be really good, it would have to be a very slow process. Something like:

Step 1: Call for submissions goes out.

Step 2: CZ goes through the submissions and chooses the ten (arbitrary number) best ideas.

Step 3: Players vote on which of those ten they like the best, that’s the next clbum.

Step 4: A call for concepts for equipment and skills goes out.

Step 5: CZ picks through the submissions and chooses their favorites.

Step 6: Players vote on which of CZ’s favorites are the best.

Step 7: CZ tweaks the numbers on the skills and equipment, and viola new clbum.

It could be good, but it would require a significant degree of oversight in order to not detract from the game. It doesn’t matter so much if there are ****ty ideas for forums in the game, as new players who would potentially be turned off by something lame might not see them for days if not weeks. On the other hand, everybody sees all the clbumes almost immediately, so a lame clbum could potentially hurt the appeal of the game.

This idea is great, look at it CZ.

zagerblag Posted:

What will someone propose next, BuildrBuildr?

Signed.

Cerulean

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

“Pedant” is a much better term than “Suit”.

Though “Suit” would make a fine clbum by its more vernacular definition: A “Suit” in my mind is a corporate shill who pwns forums by trying to change the topic to THAT AWESOME NEW MOVIE FROM MIRAMACKS!

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Oh yeah. Doesn’t everyone remember the horrible Igor bots vandalizing wikipedia, changing random things to “IGOR COMING BLAH BLAH BLAH”?

Also, he could sue posters for breaking copyright law.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Cerulean Posted:

A “Suit” in my mind is a corporate shill who pwns forums by trying to change the topic to THAT AWESOME NEW MOVIE FROM MIRAMACKS!

I like this idea better.

Rosy bumerf-
lies

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

MeatLoafFan Posted:

I like this idea better.

I’m glad you like it, because I really wasn’t trying to jack your thread.

Edit: Blarg this is Cerulean.

Rosy Butterflies edited this message on 04/10/2009 10:16AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!