Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sex science is curin the hivs, you know what that means!!!

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I think this means there’ll be loads of free sex, like in the 60s.

dreamserpent edited this message on 03/06/2008 3:51PM

Xolver

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Will take years upon years and won’t prevent pregnancies.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Xolver Posted:

Awesome! More sex for me when I’m a dirty old man, and for part two of your complaint, that’s why god invented [censored].

BRB_GOINGTOT-
HEMOON

Level 25 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

hmmm, CLEARLY this thread needs moar COWBELLLog in to see images!

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

This kind of tech has been touted as an HIV cure for years- the problem is, like every other approach, that nobody has made it work.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

did you even read the article, or did you just want to sound smart?

In a paper appearing in the February issue of AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, Baker showed that his nanoemulsion HIV vaccine did produce genital mucosal immunity in mice.

thats a good start, you know, to showing that you can make it work.

my only question is who do they get to have sex with the mice?

AvrilrawksSS-

[FVCKING METAL]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdrcOGoszlE

There will be ****ing in the streets.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

While the nanoemulsion HIV vaccine showed promise in Baker’s study, says Amiji, mice are not a good model for HIV infection. The technology must stand up as well to testing in nonhuman primates and eventually humans. Amiji also cautions that the nanoemulsion tactic does not directly address one of the most vexing challenges in creating a vaccination for HIV: the virus’s rapid evolution.

That’s enough “buts” to lower my interest until the next piece of news appears.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

i read that its “rapid evolution” is infact a devolution, such that it is getting weaker and weaker each new generation of HIV

narth

Level 10 Troll

Unfunny fabulous person

Yeah, because aids is the only STD. I mean, seriously, considering the number of previously thought extinct diseases in your stretched crater of a vag, I’d think you’d know that. STDS GOTTA CATCH EM ALL.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

well its the only one that kills you, that you can’t get rid of with a shot of antibiotics.

(though it is apparently treatable, now, with a male reproductive organtail of antivirals.)

Dumbledore_D-
ies

[Random Insanity]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

dreamserpent Posted:

my only question is who do they get to have sex with the mice?

Biology grad students. They don’t get much in the way of vag anyway, so it’s barely even like work.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

LOLOLOL they must have little ding dongs Log in to see images!

Dante Kinkade

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

TSB-positive

Xolver Posted:

Thats not a problem if you are both guys doing it.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

srsly. I take pills for that, and they are also on the verge of releasing safe and effective birth control pills for men too.

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

NNNRGH-ok.

Look up the active ingredient of most of the female contraceptive pills- they’re very messy broadly active hormone inhibitors. It’s a mistake to think that they’re safe for folks to take- the FDA has sucgreat timesbed to pressure over the past 15 years and has made a lot of things available that really shouldn’t be.

Some of the female oral contraceptives are fairly safe, but folks need to realize that the pharmacology involved is incredibly complicated, and still largely unexplored. The ones like Yaz, which are advertised on the basis of reducing the effects of menstruation, are the worst, because the suppression mechanism is broadbased- it’s not preventing the reproductive tract from accepting hormones, it’s preventing their production. This is crazy-level untested. Male oral contraceptives would be even worse in many respects, as hormone suppression in men can cause problems in a broader set of areas, particularly at a younger age- the male brain is often still releasing abnormally high testosterone levels well into an individual’s mid-twenties.

My point isn’t to say that oral or other contraceptives are bad as a concept- I may be abstinent(insert many obvious jokes here), but I understand their necessity and support their promotion. The issue is that folks bumume that because “they’ve come out with something”, it’s safe, or doesn’t have serious consequences in one realm or another.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

teh sky iz falling teh sky iz falling Log in to see images!

the FDA doesn’t bend to the will of the pharmaceutical companies as much as you imply. it requires years of testing before it lets someone release a product. now falsifying research data could be a problem, but that can be countered by having independent firms do the testing, who aren’t monetarily tied to the success of the product.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 03/13/2008 12:52PM

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Congrats, you just responded to an argument that used specific reference to drug interaction. In this argument, one counterargument was described as an overly broad bumumption about the value of standard policy. You responded with that exact broad bumumption about policy.

I gave an example of how companies can get around FDA regulations in my initial post- a medication marketed and tested as an oral contraceptive is being marketed primarily as a means of reducing menstruation, while paying attention to only the letter of FCC regulations about advertising language. The reason this is significant is because the targeted audiences for these two groups are different. The age group that is attracted to such marketing is both higher and lower in scope than the age group which was tested on in regard to Yaz ’s use as a contraceptive. As a result, a different concentration of users can be expected for Yaz, one which is not the same as that which was initially tested.

In general terms, one of the biggest problems bumociated with pharmaceutical marketing is that, once a medication is approved for one use, doctors frequently prescribe it as a treatment for other symptoms that they have either heard or witnessed the medication having a positive effect on. This cross-slated medication can occur with any drug, and can help discover new, valid uses for a medication-but because they aren’t controlled, they also carry far more risk.

Separately, I mentioned the idea of effects in other areas, outside of the immediate biological. An example of this that comes to mind is the abuse of Adderol(yeah, the ADHD med) on college campuses. I don’t think this is something that particularly has to be worried about for contraceptives(although the idea of an addiction-forming contraceptive is pretty frightening), it is another reason not to bumume that the release of a new medication in any realm is necessarily good- this is the Log in to see images!

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

so yeah, we shouldn’t trust the male contraceptive or the hiv vaccine because other drugs have been mismanaged or misadvertised?

how is that even a valid argument? how does that even apply?

congratulations you just argued for something else entirely.

your original argument is that the active ingredient has side effects, and that drugs are complicated guys. I guess thats why we can’t just cook them up from stuff we buy at the grocery store! and what your suggesting is, what? that we don’t use birth control meds at all, because you’re convinced that the FDA is a pushover?

thats nonsense.

EsoMonty

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Not to mention that while he brings up different examples, he provides no proof to back up his bumertions. We are supposed to take him at face value.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!