Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Rant God, how could COLLEGE kids be so STUPID

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I walked into my ‘Future Societies’ clbum today. My teacher is alright, he does LARPing, goes on Forumwarz, but over all is not a d-bag. For clbum we are going to reach works like A Brave New World, 1984, and other clbumics. We are going to watch Futurama, Blade Runner, Akira, Metropolis, and other tv shows like Firefly. I was happy.

I walk in and the people do not even know that a ‘Utopia’ or ‘Dystopia’ is. No one likes SciFi, no one knows what SciFi is. They only know a Disney movie, and ‘Wall-e’. I would say 80% of all movies referenced in the clbum were Wall-e or Escape to Witch Mountain. Jesus. Then I sit by as somebody mentions that I Am Legend is a post-apocalyptic movie and sits back thinking he is the smartest kid in the clbum for it, then going on to say that it has Scientology themes. The retard-babble is almost painful.

So now that my clbum reduced down to the proletariat level, I’m looking for some good SciFi suggestions. I like movies a lot, anime, books, comics, but mostly I’m looking for some things to impress my teacher with. I know there are many suggestion threads but I’m looking to update this, sitting in clbum is almost comical now.

I protest that Zenon: The Zequel is not SciFi.

Lo! Log in to see images!

NotJoePesci

Avatar: 6966 Sat Feb 21 00:54:31 -0500 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

Best ethnic friend a guy could have! Also Im not racist. -Raepdog

Equilibrium and Brazil.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Wall-E, Race to Witch Mountain, and I Am Legend.

Dysnomia Posted:

I wish MercWithMouth was permabanned

I wish everyone in WeChall was permabanned

I wish Skyman747 was permabanned

-=Dysnomia=-

FerretWithAS-
pork

Avatar: 141721 Sun Mar 15 18:44:09 -0400 2009

Level 23 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Joss Whedon’s newest show Dollhouse is just starting up, it’s pretty cool. You can find the first 3 episodes on Hulu.com

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

I can’t believe that I haven’t been beaten to this yet, but:

Mad Max pretty much defined the genre for post apocalyptic in relatively modern cinema.

And then they got a sequel, and another one that had that one famous singer in it, and Thunderdome.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

The Girl Wit-
h Mad Skillz-
Yo

[Homosexual Goose M-
afiosi
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I actually can’t get into Dollhouse. I mean, yes, I think she is hot and I would do her in an instant, but the show isn’t appealing.

j00 c@nn0t gr@5p t|-|3 tr|_|3 f0r/\/\ 0f |-|@ck3r3’ @44@ck

FerretWithAS-
pork

Avatar: 141721 Sun Mar 15 18:44:09 -0400 2009

Level 23 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

I didn’t much care for it after the first episode, but the second and third got me hooked.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

TeeKayEff Posted:

I walked into my ‘Future Societies’ clbum today. My teacher is alright, he does LARPing, goes on Forumwarz, but over all is not a d-bag. For clbum we are going to reach works like A Brave New World, 1984, and other clbumics. We are going to watch Futurama, Blade Runner, Akira, Metropolis, and other tv shows like Firefly. I was happy.

I walk in and the people do not even know that a ‘Utopia’ or ‘Dystopia’ is. No one likes SciFi, no one knows what SciFi is. They only know a Disney movie, and ‘Wall-e’. I would say 80% of all movies referenced in the clbum were Wall-e or Escape to Witch Mountain. Jesus. Then I sit by as somebody mentions that I Am Legend is a post-apocalyptic movie and sits back thinking he is the smartest kid in the clbum for it, then going on to say that it has Scientology themes. The retard-babble is almost painful.

So now that my clbum reduced down to the proletariat level, I’m looking for some good SciFi suggestions. I like movies a lot, anime, books, comics, but mostly I’m looking for some things to impress my teacher with. I know there are many suggestion threads but I’m looking to update this, sitting in clbum is almost comical now.

Dude you rule.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

TeeKayEff Posted:

BP going to be sent.

Sapper

Avatar: 8525 2009-12-20 17:41:27 -0500

[So ronery]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_Cantos

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor_(novel)

Read those (the BOOKS, not the Wiki summaries) and you will have that teacher eating out of your hands.

Sapper edited this message on 03/04/2009 8:45PM

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

I’m not sure if you’re looking for just future societies in terms of tech level or possibilities of what our future could be like…

Here’s some suggestions:

Minority Report- Morality issues for prosecuting people for crimes they will have committed in the future.

A Scanner Darkly- How far are we willing to take the war on drugs and a good look at addiction and how we perceive the world with our cognitive senses.

Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card- Considered a modern sci-fi masterpiece by many this book takes place in a future Earth where we are at war with an alien species intent to exterminate us so we test children at pre-pubescent ages for the ability to be commanders for the war on the “buggers.” It’s a good look at human relations in the face of extinction.

Gravity’s Angels/Tales of Old Earth/The Dog Said Bow-Wow- Collections of short stories by Michael Swanwick that deal with extremely adult themes and alternate realities with concepts and moralities that will turn you on your ear.

MAGE: The Ascension- A tabletop roleplaying game. It’s main theme is about the two main forces of magic, the Traditions and the Technocracy, fighting to impose their will as the dominant reality, magic and science, respectively. This war is is over the “sleepers,” or non-awakened beings, humans who have not realized that their is a war of opposing magical views being waged around them whilst they drive their mini-vans and enjoy their microwaves.

Primer- Four guys invent something… And in this 1 hour and 20 minute film, they attempt to discover what their invention does, and what they should do with it when they do…

Children of Men- A dystopian film where the human race has stopped giving birth for almost 2 decades, then, someone becomes pregnant. A good look at human morality/interactions when conventional society breaks down.

Equilibrium- 1984 on film with awesome gunplay. Doubleplus good!

The Prisoner- An old TV show that picks up where Secret Agent Man left off. Our main character, Number Six, is kidnapped and placed on an island where secret agents and sensitive persons are forced to live and are bumigned numbers as names. He is in a constant struggle to find out who Number One is, but the answers to the questions may snap his sanity. Plus, Rover, the security system for the island, is a giant weather ball who smothers people. Sweet!

Blindness- Recently released movie, probably the best dystopian film in a long time to come out. People are being randomly stricken with blindness and the government doesn’t know why, so they quarantine the blind and **** goes awry.

If you need any other suggestions, film or literary, send me a tubmail. I’m working towards a doctorate in English for my work as a Lit. professor. I focus on courses that discuss High Fantasy/Sci-Fi in modern times. You have touched upon a pbumion of mine. Log in to see images!

“Valar Morghulis.” ~Jaqen H’ghar

____

Avatar: 143340 Fri Mar 27 18:24:34 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

The movie clbumics, which I obviously haven’t seen:

Soylent Green

2001: A Space Odyssey

(somewhat) Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

And the ones I have seen but I don’t know if they are clbumics:

Gattaca

K-PAX

That one with they gut that falls in love with a girl, but it’s illegal to have sex with people that share your DNA

As for books, clbumiscs which I haven’t read:

Dune (originals, not the sequels by the son)

A brave new world

____ edited this message on 03/04/2009 8:51PM

Decisions, decisions.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

scifi is complete trash

unless written by philip k male reproductive organ or ray bradbury

NotJoePesci

Avatar: 6966 Sat Feb 21 00:54:31 -0500 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

Best ethnic friend a guy could have! Also Im not racist. -Raepdog

____ Posted:

That one with they gut that falls in love with a girl, but it’s illegal to have sex with people that share your DNA

THX 1138 or The Island?

NotJoePesci edited this message on 03/04/2009 8:54PM

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

____ Posted:

Gattaca

Yeah, that’s a good one.

Deific Blunder edited this message on 03/04/2009 9:02PM

“Valar Morghulis.” ~Jaqen H’ghar

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Were watching Gattaca. Also this was ripped from me.

____

Avatar: 143340 Fri Mar 27 18:24:34 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

NotJoePesci Posted:

THX 1138 or The Island?

Uh… The title of the movie has eluded me for years. Other data is that the guy already has a family and works as a kind of detective, and words from other languages are used in common speak. The girl worked making something similar to ID cards.

Decisions, decisions.

What_tha_Fox

Level 19 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Equilibrium, a must see Log in to see images!

stupid name

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

More typicals/clbumics:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?; Flow, My Tears, The Policeman Said; Ubik; The Man in the High Castle (actually anything by P. K. male reproductive organ is good)

The Dispossessed; The Left Hand of Darkness (U. K. Le Guin)

Blood Music (Greg Bear)

Neuromancer (William Gibson)

Man Plus (Frederik Pohl)

Stranger In A Stranger Land (R. A. Heinlein)

Brother to Dragons; The Mind Pool (Charles Sheffield)

I, Robot (Asimov)

Jeffty is Five (Harlan Ellison)

Seven Views of Olduvai Gorge (Mike Resnick)

:c :c :c… :’C!!!

draginzzz!! CLICKY ME

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Good OP.

Skyman747 Posted:

Wall-E, Race to Witch Mountain, and I Am Legend.

And ****ing ROFL ^

and um…

Soylent Green is people

A Clockwork Orange FTW

10/27/11 FLAMEBATE RPG UPDATED Flamebate RPG Dr. Seuss CS for Celerysteve Ban this Thread ET/Chuggo

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!