Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing Astrology and Horoscope

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

If a group of people or an organization had a few centuries to dogreat timesent data. Over time it would it would be possible to make predictions on the personality of a person as well as generalized predictions based on their age in relation to their birth date and the current calendar day or month.

If you have enough people born in certain months over a period of time they would each reach certain developmental stages on an average scale or timeline and though in different seasons so that they would be reach stages in either times of hardship or bounty.

Given how long Horoscope have been around and the proven amount of cold reading that is involved in so called psychic phenomenon is it not possible that Horoscopes are little more than a study of the lives of previous humans that are being applied to the lives of current humans?

I would appreciate you thoughts on this as this is just a meandering thought in my head and is not fully formed yet.

Recommencer

Avatar: 135255 Tue Mar 24 17:02:05 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

The same can be applied to tarotmancy or any other means of divination and tools; representation of the quite infinite (though pigeonholed) range of human events (personal or universal)

I studied divinations seriously for a good three or five years *shrug* depends on who you ask. Honestly, I think it’s more of a …um… logical possibility…ne?

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

It’s basically the same method used by insurance companies to see if there is a high chance of them having to pay you a ****load of money within a short amount of time.

Tarot and Astrology are just ancient forms of the probability theory.

Recommencer

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Baroness Von Squeezenstein Posted:

It’s basically the same method used by insurance companies to see if there is a high chance of them having to pay you a ****load of money within a short amount of time.

*good example*

Moniker

Avatar: 132630 Thu Mar 26 18:33:33 -0400 2009

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’ll go along with astrology here for the sake of argument, but I fail to see how cartomancy can have any relevance toward the life of an individual. You’re just as likely to get dealt a particular hand as I am, and we are almost certainly not identical. Furthermore, the meaning of any specific card is open to interpretation, as is its relationship to the other cards on the table, and these interpretations are as unique as the cards themselves.

$.02 FWIW

Recommencer

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

oneEighty Posted:

I’ll go along with astrology here for the sake of argument, but I fail to see how cartomancy can have any relevance toward the life of an individual. You’re just as likely to get dealt a particular hand as I am, and we are almost certainly not identical. Furthermore, the meaning of any specific card is open to interpretation, as is its relationship to the other cards on the table, and these interpretations are as unique as the cards themselves.

$.02 FWIW

Totally can see cartomancy coming off like that. It’s…well, you’re right, it’s about interpretation. Growing familiar with how YOU read a deck influences the interpretation of the “dealing” and every dealing is only “different” because of the reality of the situation with the one being read for.

Oh, I just gave myself a headache.

Basically, it’s interpretation and situational, not perfect. Then again, one could argue the same for life?

Recommencer edited this message on 03/04/2009 10:48PM

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Well I personally think (when it comes to cards) that it very much depends on how good the card reader is. I am a complete and utter skeptic, and had cards dealt for me once that made no sense whatsoever. A ‘believer’ will then say that it is my lack of faith or lack of understanding my subconscious feelings are keeping me from understanding the cards were actually right, like religious people ending every discussion with ‘that’s because you haven’t been saved by Jesus yet’.

Ever person has bumhurt in their lives, love (or a lack thereof), work, troubles, so laying cards and keeping it vague, watching how the person you are reading them for is responding, is about 99% of card reading/palm reading/talking to dead family members in my opinion.

I believe that’s called ‘cold reading’.

However, I will add, that pretty much every trait bumociated with my astrological sign is applicable to me. I am a scorpio with ascendant scorpio (can’t get any more scorpio that thát) and all things bumociated with this sign can be found in me.

Xylon

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Well I personally think (when it comes to cards) that it very much depends on how good the card reader is. I am a complete and utter skeptic, and had cards dealt for me once that made no sense whatsoever. A ‘believer’ will then say that it is my lack of faith or lack of understanding my subconscious feelings are keeping me from understanding the cards were actually right, like religious people ending every discussion with ‘that’s because you haven’t been saved by Jesus yet’.

Ever person has bumhurt in their lives, love (or a lack thereof), work, troubles, so laying cards and keeping it vague, watching how the person you are reading them for is responding, is about 99% of card reading/palm reading/talking to dead family members in my opinion.

I believe that’s called ‘cold reading’.

However, I will add, that pretty much every trait bumociated with my astrological sign is applicable to me. I am a scorpio with ascendant scorpio (can’t get any more scorpio that thát) and all things bumociated with this sign can be found in me.

I am given the sign, “Scorpio” However, I am a lackluster lover, I am grouchy as hell, and I am not very neat at all. The signs are generic imo

Cold reading is something I attribute to most psychics.

The Girl Wit-
h Mad Skillz-
Yo

[Homosexual Goose M-
afiosi
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I too have a belief in astrology. Yeah, big surprise there. And reading a lot about Libras I would have to say it’s 95% spot on. I also recommend a book called “Darkside Zodiac” reminding everyone of their bad traits. It’s quite funny while keeping true.

Recommencer

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

The Girl With Mad Skillz Yo Posted:

I too have a belief in astrology. Yeah, big surprise there. And reading a lot about Libras I would have to say it’s 95% spot on. I also recommend a book called “Darkside Zodiac” reminding everyone of their bad traits. It’s quite funny while keeping true.

I’m a libra as well and find it curiously accurate. If you look at the traits of astrological figures and the mythological and cultural foundations behind them, astrology really turns into a categorizing of all the people that have ever existed in the world. I’m not saying it’s all ways accurate, I don’t know that, but it could make a lot of sense.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

It was said my bad traits were vanity and sloth. So true. Bit of greed too.

Xylon

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Darkside Zodiac Posted:

Scorpio (Oct 24 – Nov 21)

You have a revengeful streak and a long memory for past hurts. Sometimes you’re downright spiteful. When you suffer, you make sure others suffer along with you. Sometimes, you may even use deception to get what you want and to influence others to stay out of your way. You may even believe these untruths and unrealistic fears will grow on you. Once in a while,you may come across someone that just rubs you on the wrong side for no apparent reason and you make it your mission to bury him or her.

Umm yeah p vague imo, but that is kinda like me, although kinda soft

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I know somebody who was involved with a Scorpio. Insanity.

Techno Phoebe

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

If you ask me astrology is wonderful! I went to a psychic recently andshe knew all about me. She used astrology to do it! Anything people say about astrology being quack is crazy!Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!