Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 Regarding Lemon scoops...

crackednut

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Here’s a discussion that might have around, but would like your thoughts on the subject.

I understand that the Domination section is a brilliant way of allowing communities and users to retain their interest levels well after completing the Forumwarz game. The flavas also were rightly created to increase competition amongst players.

However, amongst the 5 flavas, i’ve got the feeling that Lemons is subject entirely to the sort of connection used. A look at team scoreboards will show how they are unevenly distributed amongst a few.

Since Chocolate is unrelated to battle stats and Anti-freeze (suicide) meant for those with higher cred players, a large base of players is dependent on Vanilla, Pistachio and Lemons stats. I’m perfectly cool till this stage. But within these three flavas, scoring lemons becomes very easy for some and very tough for others. (I’ll leave Vanilla flavas for now. that’s for another thread Log in to see images!

A thought here could be if speed were a measure of the moves used rather than time. Coding wise, that might require a re-look at a lot of things. But it would help even out the playing field.

Allowing comments and brickbats to flow…

(edit-added the first line)
crackednut edited this message on 03/06/2008 1:29PM

AiglosCelt

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Hate to sound harsh, but why don’t the players having trouble with yellow scoops either contribute to forumbuildr (No limit to the number of scoops you can earn, if you do a good job…plus it helps the game) OR lrn2blackjack and make a consistent profit off of Gamblebot.

Moreover, I’m on DIALUP. I consistently get 1-2 yellow scoops on most forums. So it’s totally possible to keep up on a slow connection. Stop whining Log in to see images!

crackednut

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Understandable. There are other ways to gain scoops. But in a domination team, if you have 1 or 2 players with 10+ Lemon scoops, its a clear indication that only a few are having a good time.

Just to clear the air, this was less of a personal rant and more of a suggestion by observing scoreboards. Take a look yourself and you’d notice the distribution.

AiglosCelt

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I don’t disagree with you that there is a gap, nor do I disagree that connection speed plays a part in ease of winning yellows. My point is, the handicap is easily overcome if you get efficient enough and plan ahead. It’s my opinion that the gap is due more to a corresponding skill gap than anything else.

crackednut

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Regarding skill and planning ahead, i can believe that the more nuanced players will be able to figure it out. And newbies to the game will surely use this as an incentive to catch up. Another upside to measuring seconds is that the game provokes the user to react swiftly (just as in a battle).

This is another parallel thought. Would having a timer or a display of the seconds in battle help the user in working backwards? Like after the battle, he may figure out he spent too much time at certain threads and equip him better?

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

That’s a whole lot of extra data that really would detract from the overall shying away from having 50 billion numbers on screen that permeates the game.

Use your keyboard, pick a forum you don’t have to use consumables on, and have a pre-set pattern of attacks to use.

The great thing about the 5 flavas system is precisely that if you don’t do well at one flava, you can switch to another. Hell, you can even use a couple different Domination cards to get flavas that you otherwise can’t!

Hulyen

[Team Shortbus]

Level 18 Camwhore

Literate Dork

OH, dude, that’s right, there are keyboard controls! Sweeeet….Now I can get MORE lemon per forum!

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

The other thing with Lemon Scoops and bad/slow connections is to look for the outliers – tougher forums have much higher times, and are more about optimized attack patterns. Sure, pwning Denture Wars in 10 secs requires a blazing connection… but how about Gamefabulous persons in under 2 minutes, or Woe Is Us in under 1?

crackednut

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Hulyen Posted:

OH, dude, that’s right, there are keyboard controls! Sweeeet….Now I can get MORE lemon per forum!

Keyboard controls?? enlighten me, guru-ji.

Galanodel

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

See the numbers at the top of your attacks when you pwn a forum?

Hit the number on your keyboard corresponding to the attack.

crackednut

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Ooh. That’s one new thing i learned today. Much appreciated. Log in to see images!

Galanodel

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

crackednut Posted:

Ooh. That’s one new thing i learned today. Much appreciated. Log in to see images!

No problem baby. Now act like a troll, and lets see some ASCII art!

Gamma Ray Bu-
rst

Level 10 Re-Re

Gamma Ray Burst edited this message on 03/09/2008 1:41AM

Dumbledore_D-
ies

[Random Insanity]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I managed to pwn a player with something like 40 Lemon scoops to his name, by getting lots of chocolates and pistachios. It really wasn’t that difficult because I didn’t even have to do anything after having submitted my ForumBuilder ideas.

Dante Kinkade

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

TSB-positive

Some times it can be hard to get them when the game is going slow as well. Then again Iv only ever got one scoop before of the lemon type.

Suzy

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

In addition to using the commands by number, you can also reference the threads by number. Using ‘1’ as the next thread to pwn makes things fast and easy.

If your connection is slow, you can also turn off image loading, although this takes some time to get used to, since it looks nothing like what you’re used to seeing.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

****ing fatties and loving it since he was a teen

The proof in the OP is flawed.

Yes, some have 10+ and some have 0.

Not every person tries to speed through every forum they play, and in vanilla raiding, you often spend ages waiting on one forum.

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

haven’t tried it yet, but turning off images and other extra crap should help too

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

****ing fatties and loving it since he was a teen

To be honest, if you net connection is so bad that these pages take a long time to load, then you need to kick yourself in the face, and pay for a better connection. If you can’t get a better connection, then **** off to a game where speed is no issue and don’t whinge about it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!