Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant ITT: A way to fix flamebate

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

This is going to take awhile, but I think it will work.

1) Make a page displaying the rules, shortly before the first time you enter Flamebate, that you’ll need to click yes or no to.

2) Only allow one report per person per page of thread. This will help prevent tons of spam of reporting.

3) Add some more mods, but only give them the power to look through bug reports and reported posts. Again, this will lessen the workload on the mods, and these people can just pbum along the “important” stuff.

4) When reporting anything at all, give a level of importance. e.g. Shock is priority 1, trolling is priority 5.

These are ideas on how to restructure Flamebate, so that it’s more manageable by the mods and such.

The reason this is posted in GD is due to it being a completely serious thread with helpful suggestions, and that it would simply be trolled to oblivion in GRP.

For a critique of the rules, see this thread.

-MLF- edited this message on 03/02/2009 10:41PM

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

This is actually a great idea, except there would be a lot of people annoyed with constantly having to click on something every time you want to post on flamebate.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Yeh. Make the current mods like Mod Leaders, and then have mods specifically in charge of the forums, that can ban for up to 3 days (while a Mod Leader checks the case to see if harsher penalties are in order.)

Forum Mods can lock/move threads, edit, but not award peens or stuff.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

AntiRules187 Posted:

This is actually a great idea, except there would be a lot of people annoyed with constantly having to click on something every time you want to post on flamebate.

I don’t understand. I’m talking about needing to click through a menu the FIRST time you enter flamebate.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

*Waits for SG94 to bring this to the mods attention as being serious trolling in GD*

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

MeatLoafFan Posted:

I don’t understand. I’m talking about needing to click through a menu the FIRST time you enter flamebate.

oh sorry, I read it wrong.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

As you may know, we’re planning to do a revamp of Flamebate in general. All these ideas are quite good and we’ll definitely keep them under consideration when the time comes to implement our changes. Thanks for posting this!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!