Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Problem with Flezz Leaderboard and special auctions

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Adapt Posted:

But that can only happen one time. So maybe realizing they can only use this power once will deter the leader from bidding on some items.

I think this is a very naive view. While most players do not in fact have the focus to dominate the special auctions there are a few who have both enough alts and enough focus to pull it off.

I don’t really have an opinion about MCB’s proposal. I think the auction system is too new and the special items too far between to make a call on it. It sounds cool, but I think we should probably wait to see what Itembuidr brings to the table before pushing hard for something else.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s not what the problem is. Screw the peen, the issue is that the Flezz leader has complete control over buying any new headset-like item, or letting it go. If they let it go, then it’s somewhat more up in the air. But if they want it, they get it. That’s not an auction, that’s a “congrats on having so much flezz, now here’s your reward”. That’s what I have the issue with.

But look, that’s a one-time deal. Ok, you topped Flezz leaderboard, got the peal AND the cash. Now you spend all your cash on headsets and voila – you’re pathetic poor bastard again. And the flezz leaderboard runner-up is the boss now.

I think everything is pretty fine as long as special auctions would be held at least once a month.

A shrubbery

Avatar: 69558 Thu Dec 25 21:23:14 -0500 2008

[Good Omens]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Inconnu Posted:

But look, that’s a one-time deal. Ok, you topped Flezz leaderboard, got the peal AND the cash. Now you spend all your cash on headsets and voila – you’re pathetic poor bastard again. And the flezz leaderboard runner-up is the boss now.

I think everything is pretty fine as long as special auctions would be held at least once a month.

Thinking how quickly players are increasing their respective flezz piles, more often than that if we wanted to keep the maximum somewhat stable (50m  out of the economy per month is a drop in the ocean – consider I can earn 10m  a month just from jobs and pwning forums, on a single alt) and that’s bumuming the person in the lead actually wants what is being sold.

Unless the flezz is actually going somewhere and the total size of the economy is near enough stable, we don’t have an economy at all.

MasterHaxxor

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

The only reason it is possible to hog the flezz leaderboard is that no one actually has to spend money on anything, they just get to sit on all the flezz they have, and also the fact that the amount of flezz that anyone can earn in a single day has a hard cap. That’s what I think kyoubai was made for, giving people with unholy amounts of flezz something to spend money on, and allowing intelligent people to increase the amount of flezz they can earn in a single day, so that it even becomes possible to overtake someone higher up than you on the board. Until the person with the most flezz has something to spend money on, they will always have more buying power than everyone else, that’s what special auctions are for, making the economy more than just “I have more money than you and we can only earn a maximum of X amount of flezz per day, so unless I feel like not being in first place anymore, you are out of luck”. I think, however, that something needs to be put in the game that the richest people in the game would want to spend money on, over and over, instead of just once, to keep the economy moving.

MasterHaxxor edited this message on 03/03/2009 7:21AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Hey, you don’t have to intentionally drop yourself down a leaderboard to give other people the chance to get the leaderboard e-peen. What is the point of a leaderboard? If you’re the best at collecting flezz you shouldn’t give up your #1 position just for the sake of others imo, that’s not good playing.

MasterHaxxor

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Inertia Posted:

Hey, you don’t have to intentionally drop yourself down a leaderboard to give other people the chance to get the leaderboard e-peen. What is the point of a leaderboard? If you’re the best at collecting flezz you shouldn’t give up your #1 position just for the sake of others imo, that’s not good playing.

Exactly, I’m saying that there should be incentives for the leader that makes them want to spend money and drop down in the rankings, or at least make it a difficult decision, that’s what the special auctions are for. Money has to be earned and spent for an economy to exist, and before kyoubai, no one had anything to spend money on.

MasterHaxxor edited this message on 03/03/2009 7:41AM

Dirt_E_ATM

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

How about something like this:

If a player has topped the Flezz Leaderboard for a set length of time (say 2 months) they get a special peen for dominating the board and they get removed from the leaderboard.

The Flezz leader has to decide between bidding on high-end/special auctions and going after the special peen. There is also some turnover on the leaderboard but it will be slow enough that characters can’t just sit back and wait their turn at the top.

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s not what the problem is. Screw the peen, the issue is that the Flezz leader has complete control over buying any new headset-like item, or letting it go. If they let it go, then it’s somewhat more up in the air. But if they want it, they get it. That’s not an auction, that’s a “congrats on having so much flezz, now here’s your reward”. That’s what I have the issue with.

Agreed in this instance, the store you proposed is a very good idea, with 30-40m Log in to see images! headsets etc. But for other leaderboards such as forums pawnd/friends/incit wins, after having the e-peen for a few weeks they should be retired from the leaderboard.

Another Log in to see images! or cred owned, it’s really hard for lower level characters to be able to afford 10k a shot (it’s more or less 70k a day at worst to get 10 scoops) but that’s nothing if you’ve got over a million and can get 300k per delivery.

Another idea would be to introduce incredibly difficult to obtain gambling related e-peen, eg you have to double down on a 20 and win (Luck O’ The Filthy fine upstanding member of society) with a high stakes bet, or win with 3 7’s 3 times in the same session, this would get people gambling a lot more than normal and waste quite a bit of money.

greggcarson

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

A more steady stream of special auctions would be the solution, although that amy cheapen them as they are less rare, the super high end non tradable item shop sounda good but eventually all those would be bought, the soloution, do both.

greggcarson edited this message on 03/03/2009 5:58PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!