Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Problem with Flezz Leaderboard and special auctions

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I sent this to ET, but am throwing it out here for community discussion.

And yes, I realize THE INTERNET has surpbumed me, but the arguments remain.

—-

I had full intentions of spending enough Flezz to drop from the leaderboard to give other people a chance to get there.

BUT — I’m now having second thoughts. Because doing so would mean giving up my guaranteed win of the next headsets (or equivalent) put up as auction.

So I think something’s broken there.

Maybe instead of future auctions for unique items, which can only be won if the Flezz leader decides to let anyone else win, a high-Flezz store be created instead? With only non-Kyoubai-enabled items appearing (so as to prevent people from buying the big stuff and getting it to people who don’t have enough Flezz)?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Would this shop you propose be available to anyone with the Flezz, or just Episode Two players?

Even though making it non-Kyoubai enabled would remove a great option for me as a Seller, I would support this idea.

Or, perhaps with this small modification: Every week, new high-end Items are are introduced into the game, and they are ‘exclusive’ for four weeks. Then those items become available to the general public, via the Ppwn Shoppe or Kyoubai only.

Acid Flux edited this message on 03/02/2009 7:04PM

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Acid Flux Posted:

Every week, new high-end Items are are introduced into the game, and they are ‘exclusive’ for four weeks. Then those items become available to the general public, via the Ppwn Shoppe or Kyoubai only.

This would be an excellent idea, but there is a problem. If someone was to buy an item when it’s still exclusive in the store, wouldn’t they be able to put it on Kyoubai and earn millions of Log in to see images!

EDIT: nevermind, missed non-Kyoubai part.

AntiRules187 edited this message on 03/02/2009 7:15PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Acid Flux Posted:

Every week, new high-end Items are are introduced into the game, and they are ‘exclusive’ for four weeks. Then those items become available to the general public, via the Ppwn Shoppe.

Do this with Item Buildr.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

AntiRules187 Posted:

This would be an excellent idea, but there is a problem. If someone was to buy an item when it’s still exclusive in the store, wouldn’t they be able to put it on Kyoubai and earn millions of Log in to see images!

Did you not read the ‘non-Kyoubai’ bit of it?

Good idea imo.

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

AntiRules187 Posted:

he says non-kyoubai enabled. that means you can’t put it on kyoubai, period.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Shii Posted:

Did you not read the ‘non-Kyoubai’ bit of it?

Good idea imo.

oh, I did miss that, thanks.

Randy_Sex_Du-
st

Avatar: 70221 Sat Apr 04 05:43:55 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 36 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’ve said this in every leaderboard related thread I’ve seen, just remove a player from the leaderboard when they top it and are given the e-peen. It’d make life so much easier.

Though having a store like that would be pretty cool, just make the items only repair to 99%.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

You can Flezz down without losing anything by buying millions of Chinese takeaway or marbles. Those things have the same resale value, and their prices don’t suffer any adjustment.

But someone already proposed this idea a while ago: we can use Flezz to buy auction tokens and use them to bid on special items.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Crinkz Posted:

Do this with Item Buildr.

I totally meant to add this in to my post. This would be an excellent way to test new Itembuildr Items.

Alana Morris Posted:

I’ve said this in every leaderboard related thread I’ve seen, just remove a player from the leaderboard when they top it and are given the e-peen. It’d make life so much easier.

It would also mean you’d have a new Leader awarded the E-Peen every day. Then there’s no competition, it’s simply a waiting game.

Acid Flux edited this message on 03/02/2009 8:09PM

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Acid Flux Posted:

I totally meant to add this in to my post. This would be an excellent way to test new Itembuildr Items

quangntenemy Posted:

we can use Flezz to buy auction tokens and use them to bid on special items.

smart ideas… Log in to see images!

any idea when item buildr will be out?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Acid Flux Posted:

It would also mean you’d have a new Leader awarded the E-Peen every day. Then there’s no competition, it’s simply a waiting game.

So do it every week or month. Players still have an incentive to compete, and anyone who hogs the leaderboard can do so, but for a limited time only (as it should be IMO)

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

Acid Flux Posted:

Retire them from the leaderboard after having the peen for a set ammount of time then.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

So do it every week or month. Players still have an incentive to compete, and anyone who hogs the leaderboard can do so, but for a limited time only (as it should be IMO)

I think I liked your other idea in the other thread better. Change the current Leaderboard E-Peen to a very high end Milestone E-Peen name, maintain the Leaderboard as an non-award bragging position, and institute Milestone E-Peens at certain levels.

500K, 1 Million, 5 Million, 10 Million, 50 Million, 100 Million, etc. grant E-Peens.

The top dog on the Flezz board simply gets bragging rights.

Or, how about this: the current Top Dog in certain Leaderboards gets a different (or additional) icon next to their name instead of just the smileys? You only keep that icon while you’re the Top Dog, and you lose it at rollover if you’re de-throned.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

How about the small place underneath our avatars, you can make icons for each leaderboard, and each one you hold you would get a icon.

Flezz leader board will be  , job board Log in to see images!

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I’m supporting this. I can understand people who go for more and more flezz, even because of these cool items like headsets. Those tokens sound like a good idea, combined with limited exclusivity

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Crinkz Posted:

How about the small place underneath our avatars, you can make icons for each leaderboard, and each one you hold you would get a icon.

Flezz leader board will be  , job board Log in to see images!

Acid Flux Posted:

Or, how about this: the current Top Dog in certain Leaderboards gets a different (or additional) icon next to their name instead of just the smileys? You only keep that icon while you’re the Top Dog, and you lose it at rollover if you’re de-throned.

Great minds think alike? Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Alana Morris Posted:

just remove a player from the leaderboard when they top it and are given the e-peen.

Andy_Dextruss Posted:

Retire them from the leaderboard after having the peen for a set ammount of time then.

That’s not what the problem is. Screw the peen, the issue is that the Flezz leader has complete control over buying any new headset-like item, or letting it go. If they let it go, then it’s somewhat more up in the air. But if they want it, they get it. That’s not an auction, that’s a “congrats on having so much flezz, now here’s your reward”. That’s what I have the issue with.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s not what the problem is. Screw the peen, the issue is that the Flezz leader has complete control over buying any new headset-like item, or letting it go. If they let it go, then it’s somewhat more up in the air. But if they want it, they get it. That’s not an auction, that’s a “congrats on having so much flezz, now here’s your reward”. That’s what I have the issue with.

But that can only happen one time. So maybe realizing they can only use this power once will deter the leader from bidding on some items. After all, what if they bid on something and it takes all their flezz, then something else comes along that they want more, then they are out of luck. Hopefully that would serve as a check, and make the leader think twice about each auction.

Besides, isn’t that how auctions are supposed to work anyway? The richest people can buy whatever they want. Why not let this be the reward for being the richest person in the game? And with each large amount of flezz lost, someone else has a chance at being the leader.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

The leaderboards should be stricken down with a fiery ball of hellfire. Seriously, they’re only fun for the five people at the top of the board, and only until you get the bumociated E-Peen. Then you don’t care about them, ever again.

All they do is cause drama and forum douchebaggery (hey, remember when I posted all those **** threads to get the Flamebate peen? Or how about the friend-request scripters? They were p. annoying).

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!