Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Is there anyway to revert iRAWR's ban?

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

He asked me this on idc

18:34 iRAWR can you ask if there is a way to get iRAWR unbanned?

18:35 ANGRY_HOBO ET told me we doesn’t plans to unbanned you.

18:35 iRAWR i was willing to pay the 99bucks donation

18:35 ANGRY_HOBO Well… I can ask you if you like…

18:35 iRAWR yeah man plz ask

So the question is, even with that donation would he be banned?

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

if he’s donating that much, then he deserves to be unbanned.

blackitty

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 15 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

AntiRules187 Posted:

if he’s donating that much, then he deserves to be unbanned.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

So, do we want to set a precedent that high-end donors get to play by a different set of rules?

I’m not really comfortable with that. I think it would send the wrong message to the general player-base.

”See, we’ve got these rules about what is and what is not appropriate behavior, but if you pay us enough money, we’ll look the other way, and you get to play be a special, elite set of rules.”

I don’t see how this is in CZ’s best interests.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Acid Flux Posted:

So, do we want to set a precedent that high-end donors get to play by a different set of rules?

Something similar to this happened in the very early days of Kingdom of Loathing, at least three custom items were created as a quid pro quo due to huge donations. In retrospect, Jick considers all but one of these to be huge mistakes for varying definition of “huge”, so it’s probably a precedent that ET should avoid setting, since it’s not entirely improbable that he would end up regretting it later on. What’s even better than learning from your own mistakes is “learning from the mistakes of others in similar situations”, since that doesn’t require you to make mistakes in the first place. If/When ForumWarz explodes in terms of popularity/playerbase, “being able to buy favors from the admins with money” is a precedent that the admins will almost certainly regret.

Arcadia

Level 54 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

I don’t think money should be the answer when it comes to this stuff. I realize it costs money to run this game, pay for the time he spent making it, etc. but you’d think things like these can only be solved by talking them out. And it really wouldn’t be that beneficial money-wise either.

If everyone found out you could pay to get out of a ban, there would be less regular people who play by the rules willing to pay for things knowing that people can do this, including those who spend large chunks of money out of niceness/sheer donation rather than just the people who wanna spend 10 bucks for episode 2 or illegal enhancements. The fact that very few people are willing to pay to get out of a ban isn’t helping either.

Physics

Avatar: 83756 2009-10-01 09:57:31 -0400

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Hacker

Making laws and snuggling dark matter.

Speaking about fwz contributions and reverting permabans: what’s the deal with Fran?

Nvm: http://www.forumwarz.com/profiles/Fran

Physics edited this message on 03/02/2009 10:31AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

On the other hand, irawr seems sincere about wanting to actually join the community instead of just bawwwwing all the time. He’s made a tangible effort to be something vaguely resembling a sincere poster with his last two illegals (at least I think they were the last two). We’re not managing to stop him by banning his illegals all the time.

It could be an ultra-thin ice thing, IE maybe one ban and that’s IT. Make it very clear, right away, that even one slip up would mean an immediate, no-questions-asked re-ban. The situation is complicated by how easy it is to make an illegal and post with it.

Anyway, I think a temporary clemency might be ok, maybe, even though last time we tried it with ILOVEJIZZ he was bawwing and being annoying within two weeks.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Physics Posted:

Speaking about fwz contributions and reverting permabans: what’s the deal with Fran?

Nvm: http://www.forumwarz.com/profiles/Fra

Fran asked to be permabanned.

Phariad

Avatar: 129763 Mon Jun 15 22:35:47 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 43 Troll

“Banned Camper”

RELEVANT: http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/28521?page=1

I’m serious, paying a certain amount of bp to be let off a ban, is a pretty good idea…

Phariad edited this message on 03/02/2009 10:35AM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Phariad Posted:

RELEVANT: http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/28521?page=1

I’m serious, paying a certain amount of bp to be let off a ban, is a pretty good idea…

You’re claiming that you are serious about the post you linked to? That the idea you propose in that post is relevant and valid in this current discussion?

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

If you’re going to give iRAWR another chance, it obviously can’t be a paid exchange. I think ultra-thin-ice might be the way to go.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Thiefree Posted:

If you’re going to give iRAWR another chance, it obviously can’t be a paid exchange. I think ultra-thin-ice might be the way to go.

Last time irawr was on ultra-thin-ice he got banned for something that isn’t even bannable, spamming IDC lol.

Montressor

Avatar: 77535 Tue Jan 13 09:44:11 -0500 2009

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 37 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Crinkz Posted:

Last time irawr was on ultra-thin-ice he got banned for something that isn’t even bannable, spamming IDC lol.

yeah but irawr is really annoying in idc, and bingebot was trying to talk serious business. He actually gave ilovejizz a warning before he banned.

Edit: actually I think iRawr did not recieve a warning in this particular case, from my recollection. I was there when it happened.

Montressor edited this message on 03/02/2009 8:42PM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Montressor Posted:

yeah but irawr is really annoying in idc, and bingebot was trying to talk serious business. He actually gave ilovejizz a warning before he banned.

Edit: actually I think iRawr did not recieve a warning in this particular case, from my recollection. I was there when it happened.

lol who isn’t annoying on IDC when they want to? With irawrs last few alts he actually is starting to become more tolerable. And if a admin wants to talk srs buisness, they should be smart enough to know IDC isn’t the right place. IT was the admins fault for being so unsmart.

Doctor Whom

Avatar: 90155 Sun Nov 23 20:45:54 -0500 2008

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Yeah, that’s kind of odd, I always thought IDC was considered RP territory.

Here’s a random thought. What if iRAWR can get 25 players to vouch for him, and if he gets banned again, for any reason, those 25 players also get banned (not perma, just for a week).

If the players demanding iRAWR’s return are so convinced that he can play by the rules and not get banned again, then surely they’re willing to back it up with their actions?

How many of us are that confident in his rehabilitation to take on such a burden?

Doctor Whom edited this message on 03/02/2009 8:58PM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

I’ll be up for vouching for him if the mods/admins don’t make up new rules so he gets banned.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

me too

but i probably would be banned either way

imo he shouldn’t even be on thin ice

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!