Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
PC Games Community discussion: Clbum balance suggestions

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

zagerblag Posted:

With optimal .moar files, the total Offense boost from .moars alone is 50,

I count 57.

Dogreat timesent: Incit Photos (+7 offense, also +7 to luck, defense, frugality, and charisma)

Music: Pink Floyd (+30 offense, also +30 defense)

Picture: Blood Spatter Art (+7 offense, also +7 defense as well as +170 Ego and Douchebaggery) -OR- Fermat’s Last Theorem (+7 offense, also +7 frugality and luck as well as +175 ego) -OR- Emo Perspective (+7 offense, also +7 frugality and charisma and +175 tears) -OR- Soggiest Cracker (+7 offense, also +7 luck and frugality as well as +160 ego) -OR- Where Da Gold At (+7 offense, also +7 defense, frugality, and charisma.)

Program: Useless program (+6 offense, and +6 defense as well as +130 ego)

Video: ****.milf (+7 offense, also +7 defense, luck, frugality, and charisma as well as +170 douchebaggery) -OR- Riprogrammatori (+7 offense, also +7 defense, luck, and charisma as well as +160 programming power.)

So that’s total boost to offense of: 7 + 30 + 7 + 6 + 7= 57

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I count 57.

Dogreat timesent: Incit Photos (+7 offense, also +7 to luck, defense, frugality, and charisma)

Music: Pink Floyd (+30 offense, also +30 defense)

Picture: Blood Spatter Art (+7 offense, also +7 defense as well as +170 Ego and Douchebaggery) -OR- Fermat’s Last Theorem (+7 offense, also +7 frugality and luck as well as +175 ego) -OR- Emo Perspective (+7 offense, also +7 frugality and charisma and +175 tears) -OR- Soggiest Cracker (+7 offense, also +7 luck and frugality as well as +160 ego) -OR- Where Da Gold At (+7 offense, also +7 defense, frugality, and charisma.)

Program: Useless program (+6 offense, and +6 defense as well as +130 ego)

Video: ****.milf (+7 offense, also +7 defense, luck, frugality, and charisma as well as +170 douchebaggery) -OR- Riprogrammatori (+7 offense, also +7 defense, luck, and charisma as well as +160 programming power.)

So that’s total boost to offense of: 7 + 30 + 7 + 6 + 7= 57

Whoops. I think I forgot dogreat timesents.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

zagerblag Posted:

How did you calculate an average damage of 101.1? My calculations put it at 126.1, and that’s without substituting Ophelia for every third flipr, which raises average damage to 126.4

A math error that I’ve since corrected. Thanks again ^^;;

zagerblag Posted:

With optimal .moar files, the total Offense boost from .moars alone is 50 (EDIT: 57, I forgot about dogreat timesents), far more than that from any Clbum equipment except Hacker equipment. Even before Upgrade Points, that’s a huge Offense equalizer that you’re not accounting for. Since we’re talking about the endgame, people will have optimal .moar files. Please at least put that into your calculations. Upgrade Points are harder to handle, but they make Offense boosts even closer to equal.

I’ll do another set for those, then.

zagerblag Posted:

Hackers have enough processing power; they need ego. On any forum I visit, I need more ego long before I need PP. .moars, Books, and Surgical Procedures give enough PP.

So, is that agreement with my suggestion for Hackers? Alrighty.

zagerblag Posted:

How do Emos not want a Defense drop? Their attack power is hugely boosted when they are near death, so Emos want to take damage as quickly as possible to pwn faster. People playing Emos like a normal clbum would want more Defense, from which a normal clbum would benefit.

That seems to be what Bridget is saying.

So, at the moment, it’s not inaccurate to say that experienced Hackers and Emokids approve of my suggestions for their respective clbumes. ^^

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Better attack loop: ipz->avtr->X->404->avtr->X->avtr->repeat, where X cycles between Recipes, Ophelia, and flipr. This produces an average damage of 129.0 per attack.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

That seems to be what Bridget is saying.

So, at the moment, it’s not inaccurate to say that experienced Hackers and Emokids approve of my suggestions for their respective clbumes. ^^

The Hacker Starter Pack (Park? It currently says Starter Park, which doesn’t make sense) is currently worthless; the Egomania boost might be difficult to explain, though, but it scales well. Hackers need better attacks or new Hardware; their equipment bonus is nowhere near as meaningful as it once was. Perhaps Hackers could get Hardware that makes them comparatively overpowered, but has a high enough upkeep cost to actually make it impossible to wear constantly. The penalty for wearing broken gear would have to be changed, though.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Ok, I’ve done some more work and produced optimal EQ builds, total UP bonuses, total offense bonuses, and other such things for all clbumes.

——

Notes: Prior to this point, I had failed to notice the luck +2 that the ****ing on Firewalls™ Starter Pack provides. I will be adding 8UP to hacker totals to compensate.

I’m also now accounting for the free point of offense that everybody gets.

Optimal Book:

What Do You Call a Democrat at the Bottom of the Ocean?:

* Offense +8

* Defense +8

* Luck +8

16 combined (48UP +8) 8off

Hacker:

I Almost Had Sex With a Woman: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero

* Offense +10

* PP +50

(30up) 10off

UP per clbum:

Camwhore: 224UP

Emokid: 221UP

Hacker: 531UP(* Memoirs subbed for Democrat for PP bonus)

Troll: 380UP

——

Optimal .moar files:

INCIT photos to remove for being patently unfunny.sdoc:

* Luck +7

* Defense +7

* Offense +7

* Frugality +7

* Charisma +7

14 combined (42UP+14) 7off

pink floyd – darkside full album (ttly syncs w/ wzrd of oz at 2:43 awesome!!!).hear:

* Offense +30

* Defense +30

60 combined (180up) 30off

Where Da Gold At (Map).xpeg:

* Defense +7 +7

* Offense +7

* Frugality +7

* Charisma +7

14 combined (42UP +7) 7off

useless program that only wastes space.exec:

* Ego +130

* Defense +6

* Offense +6

12 combined (36UP) 6off

****.MILF.asian. mammary glands.great timesshot.latina. interracial.anal. girls.dvda:

* Luck +7

* Defense +7

* Offense +7

* Frugality +7

* Charisma +7

14 combined (42UP+14) 7off

Total: +377UP, +57off

Hacker:

Riprogrammatori.1995.iTALiANo.cam.DiVERTi.LZ.YViD-iMC.divy

Condition: 100% – Mint

* Luck +7

* Defense +7

* Offense +7

* Charisma +7

* Max Processing Power +160

14 combined (42up+7) 7off

Total .moar+book UP:

Camwhore: 601UP

Emokid: 598UP

Hacker: 901UP(* Replacing **** with Ripro for PP bonus)

Troll: 757UP

——

Clbum: Initial+Base+Earbleeder+Book+.moar=

Camwhore: 1+9+18+8+57=93

Emokid: 1+29+0+8+57=95

Hacker: 1+60+18+10+57=146

Troll: 1+10+18+8+57=94

Total*0.07633=Damage bonus

Damage bonus+1=Damage Multiplier

Damage Multiplier*100=Damage as percent of base damage

Camwhore: 93*0.07633=7.09869+1=8.09869= 809.869%

Emokid: 95*0.07633=7.25135+1=8.25135= 825.135%

Hacker: 146*0.07633=11.14418+1=12.14418= 1214.418%

Troll: 94*0.07633=7.17502+1=8.17502= 817.502%

Damage as percent of base damage

Camwhore: 809.869%

Emokid: 825.135%

Hacker: 1214.418%

Troll: 817.502%

—-

Highest damage output attack cycle:

Camwhore: Fetish pics(225)->Hand Bra(200)->Loop

Average Damage per cycle round: 212.5

Adjusted: 212.5*8.09869= 1721

Emokid: Everybody Hurts(230)->Quoth the Raven(175)->Loop

Average Damage per cycle round: 202.5(*)

Adjusted: 202.5*8.25135=1671(*)

(*Base, not adjusted for bonuses from health loss)

Hacker: ipz(205)->avtr(105)->Recipes(200)/Ophelia(100)/flipr(95)->404(120)->avtr(105)->Recipes(200)/Ophelia(100)/flipr(95)->avtr(105)->Loop

Average Damage per cycle round: 129.0

Adjusted: 129.0*12.14418=1567

Troll: Political Flamebait(350)->Shock Sites(220)->Loop

Average Damage per cycle round: 285

Adjusted: 285*8.17502=2330

——

I think it’s worth noting that I have a near-optimal set of offense .moar files (1 offense short), and with almost every UP I have put into offense (10UP on “Skin” tree, 148UP on offense(L51), 7UP on Defense (L4), 9 on Upkeep(L9), and 1 on Luck(L1)) I still only hit for ~2.7k.

I am contemplating creating a Google Doc to make all this easier, and to replace the now-outdated upgrade calculator.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

zagerblag Posted:

Perhaps Hackers could get Hardware that makes them comparatively overpowered, but has a high enough upkeep cost to actually make it impossible to wear constantly.

I think every clbum could use some pieces of equipment that are hilariously expensive, and thus have hilariously expensive upkeep costs. The game is in dire need of flezz sinks, inflation is fairly out of control when you get to the endgame.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Yeah, these are the important facts:

Troll:

Camwhore:

Emokid:

Hacker:

In the endgame, with optimized equipment, Hackers are significantly weaker than all of the other non-challenge clbumes, but the difference between Hackers and Camwhores (emos should be doing more than the above as the result of their ego falling) is only 154 damage though the difference between Camwhores and Trolls is roughly 600 points of damage per turn (Or, trolls deal approximately 50% more damage per turn than Hackers). That’s why Trolls are seriously overpowered for powerplayers, while Hackers are non-negligibly underpowered. The gap between Trolls and Camwhores is four times the gap between Camwhores and Hackers.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 03/01/2009 8:13PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Yeah, these are the important facts:

Troll:

Camwhore:

Emokid:

Hacker:

In the endgame, with optimized equipment, Hackers are significantly weaker than all of the other non-challenge clbumes, but the difference between Hackers and Camwhores (emos should be doing more than the above as the result of their ego falling) is only 154 damage though the difference between Camwhores and Trolls is roughly 600 points of damage per turn (Or, trolls deal approximately 50% more damage per turn than Hackers). That’s why Trolls are seriously overpowered for powerplayers, while Hackers are non-negligibly underpowered. The gap between Trolls and Camwhores is four times the gap between Camwhores and Hackers.

These numbers are bumuming that no upgrade points are spent at all, which is far from typical play. Until we see actual builds, it’s too soon to make any kind of conclusion. Also, Hackers have 40 more defense than Camwhores, which means that while Hackers do 91.052% as much damage as a Camwhore, they also have 144.444% of a Camwhore’s Defense.

Without somebody spading Defense, we don’t know how important that really is. Likewise, without being able to compare real builds we can’t actually see how these differences play out.

futhermocker

Avatar: 125126 Sat Feb 28 16:36:53 -0500 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

This user causes YOUR HEAD ASPLODE!!!

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

That doesn’t actually make a lot of sense, since the end-game is distinct from normal gameplay. If clbumes aren’t balanced in the end-game then it quickly grows stale and boring.

Also, the difficulty when playing through the game is entirely dependent on how you choose to play. When I went through I bought the cheap equipment then the best equipment without much in the way of the mid-range equipment, and that resulted in the game being a bit tough at first followed by being fairly easy. (Of course, .moar files have come out since then and have thrown all the playbalance into chaos. Also, Camwhores got a few big nerfs along the way.)

This is true, but what I was getting at is that for some clbumes their equipment is much more expensive and breaks more easily, so the explicit and implicit cost is higher, which adds to the challenge.

To play the devil’s advocate, if all clbumes were perfectly balanced, there would be no point in having different clbumes since they’d all just be one and the same. But yes I know what you mean and I agree to some extent, though I think your proposed nerf on trolls is too punishing. And yes I’m also biased since I’m a troll myself. Log in to see images!

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Your pattern fails with the Camwhore, as the camwhore clbum is the weakest in the end-game. D:

If you take the time to gear your chars out, the difference should be significant.

On a related note, could you please provide your current build (EQ/Stats)? I can’t work this kinda stuff out without more information.

As many posters have pointed out, the main problem is that with the creation Kyoubai, glbumes have become available to pretty much every clbum except emos and re-res. I guess a very temporary solution would be to have a new shoe shop to provide better shoes.

As for my current build:

Ego 5140

Douchebaggery 616

Offense 104

Defense 128

Luck 46

Frugality 13

Charisma 33

Upkeep 20

Equip:

*Democrat book

*Tumorous Kidney

*Earbleeders

*Prune Serv

*male reproductive organblaster mouse

Moar files

*More random keystrokes (+7 Offense, +7 Luck)

*Pink Floyd (+30 Offense, +30 Defense)

*My blood in the bathtub (+150 Ego, +6 Offense, +6 Luck, +6 Frugality)

*Deluxe Paperclip bumistant (+40 Ego, +2 Offense, +2 Defense, +2 Frugality)

*Riprogrammatori (+7 Offense, +7 Defense, +7 Luck, +7 Charisma)

I will most likely change this build as I made this when I was level 33 and wanted to pwn the level 35 forums. You can expect probably another 12-14 points into offense and ego down to around 2000 with my future build.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

These numbers are bumuming that no upgrade points are spent at all, which is far from typical play. Until we see actual builds, it’s too soon to make any kind of conclusion. Also, Hackers have 40 more defense than Camwhores, which means that while Hackers do 91.052% as much damage as a Camwhore, they also have 144.444% of a Camwhore’s Defense.

Without somebody spading Defense, we don’t know how important that really is. Likewise, without being able to compare real builds we can’t actually see how these differences play out.

At the very high end, all builds are the same: enough points in egomania to pwn forums without consumables, put the rest in offense. Optimized .moar files give enough points of everything else that you don’t need to put any points in it, and flezz is fairly worthless at the extreme end so upkeep is unnecessary. The only real difference is that trolls and hackers get away with fewer points in egomania due to their high defense, emos have no real need for ego, while camwhores need to put the most points in it.

Hackers need to have around 4000 ego to pwn any forum at max threads without consumables, trolls only need about 2000 to pwn any forum at max threads without consumables. That’s about 13 levels of egomania for trolls, versus about 21 levels of egomania for hackers, which amounts to 8 more points of offense for trolls. I don’t honestly know about how much high end camwhores spend on egomania, emos I imagine spend very very little.

futhermocker

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

Hackers need to have around 4000 ego to pwn any forum at max threads without consumables, trolls only need about 2000 to pwn any forum at max threads without consumables. That’s about 13 levels of egomania for trolls, versus about 21 levels of egomania for hackers, which amounts to 8 more points of offense for trolls. I don’t honestly know about how much high end camwhores spend on egomania, emos I imagine spend very very little.

This is definitely not true, even with 128 defense, the level 35 forums still hit for 350+ each hit, and you are *very* unlikely (if not impossible) to pwn them at max threads without any consumables. Even with 5140 ego, there this one time where I got extremely unlucky and died on the very last thread when trying to pwn Fetish at 12 threads, and that’s with me using a boatload of 5-HTP’s when I had around 1000 ego left, I just got really unlucky since the forum kept hitting me without missing.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

futhermocker Posted:

This is definitely not true, even with 128 defense, the level 35 forums still hit for 350+ each hit, and you are *very* unlikely (if not impossible) to pwn them at max threads without any consumables. Even with 5140 ego, there this one time where I got extremely unlucky and died on the very last thread when trying to pwn Fetish at 12 threads, and that’s with me using a boatload of 5-HTP’s when I had around 1000 ego left, I just got really unlucky since the forum kept hitting me without missing.

Do you have optimal .moar files? You get +57 defense from an optimal set of .moars. Which, along with +24 from upgrade packs, +35 from the fetish, +12 from earbleeders, and +8 from the democrat book should put you at 136, so it looks like you could be doing better.

Also, the huge damage output of trolls means that they don’t have to stand there and get hit, everything in fetish or cosplay can be trivially killed in 2 hits (1 counterattack) by a maxed out troll. You may want to put 14 points into egomania instead of 13 to guarantee you can do it all the time, but it’s definitely possible to pwn level 35s with max threads easily with around 2500 ego virtually every time. You could probably take as much as 3500 damage if you’re terribly unlucky (i.e. you never successfully dodge despite your really high dodge rate) but that just doesn’t happen.

Maxed out Trolls take at most 4200 damage from a level 35 forum bumuming they never dodge, even once. Hackers take a maximum of 5600 damage from a level 35 forum, bumuming they never dodge, even once. Since trolls naturally have a higher defense than hackers when maxed out (maxed out hackers get +60 from beast0rs, +57 from .moars, and +12 from earbleeders, so 129 defense for a lower evade rate to go along with their lower damage per turn).

Regardless of the specific numbers, the issue is that high-end trolls need to spend less on egomania than any clbum except probably emos (who are special), so they have a significant advantage in terms of “upgrade points they can devote to offense.”

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 03/01/2009 9:52PM

futhermocker

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

Hmmm ok I see what you’re getting at.

I was thinking more along the lines of fixing upkeep at 20 and luck at a certain number, rather than toss everything into offense and/or defense. But IMO defense is sort of useless, a level 35 forum doing 10% less damage doesn’t make a difference if your offense is high enough that you can kill everything in 2 rounds.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

I think every clbum could use some pieces of equipment that are hilariously expensive, and thus have hilariously expensive upkeep costs. The game is in dire need of flezz sinks, inflation is fairly out of control when you get to the endgame.

Unfortunately, for this to work right, the equipment has to actually get damaged. Perhaps it could get damaged on its own.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

futhermocker Posted:

This is true, but what I was getting at is that for some clbumes their equipment is much more expensive and breaks more easily, so the explicit and implicit cost is higher, which adds to the challenge.

Putting points in Upkeep negates that. With 10 Upkeep I pay less than 14,000 in repairs for every four visits I make to L35 forums. Considering how long it takes to save up for powerful Eq, the repairs cost should be a non-issue once you actually have the item.

futhermocker Posted:

To play the devil’s advocate, if all clbumes were perfectly balanced, there would be no point in having different clbumes since they’d all just be one and the same.

“Balanced” does not mean “Identical”, it means that the strengths and weaknesses of each clbum make them equally competent on average but not necessarily in any given aspect.

futhermocker Posted:

But yes I know what you mean and I agree to some extent, though I think your proposed nerf on trolls is too punishing. And yes I’m also biased since I’m a troll myself.

I understand both your viewpoint and why you feel that way, but I don’t agree with you.

Trolls have the highest defense (Albeit closely followed by Hacker), and so need to have lower damage than other clbumes to compensate. One clbum having the highest damage and highest defense is the opposite of balanced.

futhermocker Posted:

As many posters have pointed out, the main problem is that with the creation Kyoubai, glbumes have become available to pretty much every clbum except emos and re-res.

No. Glbumes have always been available at the Ppwn Shoppe, although only sporadically.

futhermocker Posted:

I guess a very temporary solution would be to have a new shoe shop to provide better shoes.

That’s part of my suggestion for un-nerfing Camwhores, but that doesn’t solve the problem of overpowered trolls.

futhermocker Posted:

As for my current build:

Thank you! Please, share your new build once it’s ready.

——

futhermocker Posted:

When I spec for taking-on level 35 forums, I put 43 Upgrade Points into Egomania (L16), the rest in Offense, and burn consumables to make-up the difference.

Also, prior to obtaining Pink Floyd I was taking 400+ damage per hit. Pink Floyd brought that down to +360.

Unless I made a math error, without points in Offense it would take me 4 attacks to pwn each thread, resulting in a maximum possible loss of +12,960 ego, requiring that I put 121UP (L42) into it if I want to insure that I require no 5-HTPs.

If you’d like, I can try it out once I finish my streak. Should be good for a laugh. Log in to see images!

Dirt_E_ATM

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

At the very high end, all builds are the same: enough points in egomania to pwn forums without consumables, put the rest in offense. Optimized .moar files give enough points of everything else that you don’t need to put any points in it, and flezz is fairly worthless at the extreme end so upkeep is unnecessary. The only real difference is that trolls and hackers get away with fewer points in egomania due to their high defense, emos have no real need for ego, while camwhores need to put the most points in it.

In order to pwn level 35 forums at max threads, I push my ego up to around 6500. Usually this is a bit overkill, but I have needed all of it + a couple of consumables when dealing with lousy luck.

For moars, I typically use More Random Keystrokes, Pink Floyd, ****.MILF, Pictures of you, and a crap Program file du jour.

futhermocker

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

Also from the other thread:

This is an important point. All things being equal, nerfs are fairly discouraging, while buffing something, even something you never use or can’t use, never really ****es anybody off.

“Man, you made trolls suck now” is something that’s going to annoy people.

“Camwhores, Emos, and Hackers are a lot better now, but trolls are still really good” isn’t going to annoy anybody.

Especially since if you run into the problem where “everybody is overpowered” that’s definitely solvable by “making harder forums.” Make a forum with the damage output of Cosplay, the pwnage of Engrish, and the number of threads of Praypal and suddenly nobody is overpowered anymore.

I think this is something that should be seriously considered. Instead of nerfing trolls why not bring all other clbumes in line? The first thing to do would be to give camwhores and hackers better starter packs, as the current ones are marginally better than useless.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

MeatLoafFan Posted:

I’m inclined to agree with you on every point but that hackers are fine.

I simply ask that you look at the clbumes most powerful natural attacks.

Not only do hackers have the weakest natural attacks, they both have a refresh 6!

Emos:

Quoth the Raven

(175|12|1)

Everybody Hurts

(230|15|1)

Trolls:

Shock Sites

(220|8|1)

Political Flamebait

(350|8|1)

Camwhores:

Hand Bra

(200|13|1)

Post Fetish Pictures

(225|15|1)

Hackers:

ipz

(200 – 210|7|6)

(110 – 130|3|6)

Reposting this because it’s a valid point that everyone ignored…

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Reposting this because it’s a valid point that everyone ignored…

I agree, regardless of power the hacker refresh rate is abysmal. I sometimes get down to like bg on my hacker with no ability to use. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!