Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock After all the rulle changes how often?

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

The picture that got me banned has been here for a while, and before I had it posted I asked BanHammer to see it it would be considered shocking or not, he told him it was not shocking for him and If I recall correctly he said to me that the pic was fine because you could not see the bum and the genitalia was not showing.

­

That picture was also posted on this thread ( http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/22364 ) where mods posted it, said it was not shocking but yesterday they also edited.

But 2 months latter you just ban me for “shock” so the rulles must have changed.

­

And one other thing, can’t you ban people? Every time I get banned I get banned by a unpayed mod and the

ban message is usualy like this

“Sorry, ET said ban Log in to see images!” or “ET said your pic is shock”

Im really curious about it.

And whats so shockin about that picture? Well, according tho this post ( http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/482855 ) its the hands that are shocking.

­

And one more other thing. If I post some pics that once you said they were fine to be posted can I get banned for them? If so why?

­

this question is for the cz staff

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I’d probably just stop trying to push the limits and stop posting anything to do with goatse.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Obviously, your questions are directed at CZ and not me, but I can say that I was the one that edited your old post yesterday. I saw that it had been bumped, and knew that the image was the one ET had ruled on from your signature. I edited the image to a link as ET had recently ruled it as shock.

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/441883

that post by ET is also relevant because he says

Evil Trout Posted:

I was the one who made the call on the shock image.

As it’s been pointed out, a lot of images are in a grey area. I think almost everyone would agree that goatse is a shock image and needs to be linked for “mind safeness.”

When Mc Banhammer showed me the saddam one my gut feeling was like, this is a shock image. Mainly because you could see his nasty balls hanging and the saddam thing was popping in and out. In retrospect it wasn’t worth the long ban so I removed it from Nicco.

Sometimes we make calls that are too lenient, other times we make them that are too restrictive. It’s just a temp ban, generally and can be appealed quickly.

If you’re not sure if an image is shock or suspect it is, ask a mod first for approval.

As for the lynching picture, I banned DLB for it just now.

that pic had no balls and i asked a mod for approval Log in to see images!

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

scullyangel Posted:

Obviously, your questions are directed at CZ and not me, but I can say that I was the one that edited your old post yesterday. I saw that it had been bumped, and knew that the image was the one ET had ruled on from your signature. I edited the image to a link as ET had recently ruled it as shock.

Im not complaining about moderators, I honestly think you do a very good job, I still think forumwarz rulles are not clear, and they change according to ET’s mood.

And at wylin, rulles are ment to be bended, and just because you would stop doing it it doesnt mean we all would stop, some people are just here to have fun Log in to see images! ANGRY HOBO edited this message on 02/28/2009 6:23AM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Angry hobo Posted:

Im not complaining about moderators, I honestly think you do a very good job, I still think forumwarz rulles are not clear, and they change according to ET’s mood.

And at wylin, rulles are ment to be bended, and just because you would stop doing it it doesnt mean we all would stop, some people are just here to have fun Log in to see images!

If you play on the line, sometimes you might fall on the wrong side when it moves Log in to see images!

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

Wylin Posted:

If you play on the line, sometimes you might fall on the wrong side when it moves Log in to see images!

I know, Im well aware of that, but honestly I dont mind geting banned, but when the rulles are not clear of the moderation is selective thats kinda unfair

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

There’s your answer, AH. If you choose to play on the line, and you don’t mind when you get banned, then that’s a fair outlook.

Anyone that would be mad about getting banned needs to decide whether or not it’s worth ‘playing the line’

If you don’t mind getting occasionally banned, then play the line. The line may move occasionally, but it’s very easy to stay away from it if you don’t want to risk a ban at all.

How to avoid a ban 99.999% of the time? Don’t post anything in non-RP that you wouldn’t post if you were posting under your real name and your mom or boss could stumble across, and don’t post anything in RP that you wouldn’t post if your dad or best bud in college could stumble across.

Everyone knows that a line exists, and knows full well how to avoid it. For those brave souls like yourself that like to ride that thin brown line, you thrill-seekers of mayhem and destruction, sometimes you ride it for a bit too long and wipe out at the end.

But we look forward to you picking yourself up and riding again.

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Valid questions imo.

Is there a mod subforum for dealing with this sort of thing to ensure you don’t send out mixed messages as a team? Because it sounds like that’s what’s happened.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Thiefree Posted:

Valid questions imo.

Is there a mod subforum for dealing with this sort of thing to ensure you don’t send out mixed messages as a team? Because it sounds like that’s what’s happened.

There is but sometimes the devs change their minds on what is inappropriate and the mods have to enforce things as the devs desire.

Yeah but you can’t just punish people for continuing to do something that wasn’t illegal in the past without even announcing that your rules have changed. That thread makes his ban look seriously ridiculous and he should have just been warned to take it out of his sig.

What if the government suddenly outlawed wearing a red shirt but didn’t tell anyone and instead just arrested them?

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

Yeah but you can’t just punish people for continuing to do something that wasn’t illegal in the past without even announcing that your rules have changed. That thread makes his ban look seriously ridiculous and he should have just been warned to take it out of his sig.

What if the government suddenly outlawed wearing a red shirt but didn’t tell anyone and instead just arrested them?

Thats a valid point there, I dont mind geting banned, usualy I even do it on propouse, but this time it was just not a valid ban

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

The difference is that this is a privately-run website, and they’re allowed to do practically whatever they want. If the developers want to change their mind on whether or not an image should be disallowed, it sucks, but what can you do?

MiaHo

Avatar: 120300 Tue Feb 03 16:52:59 -0500 2009

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Can anyone name a private server that’s not corrupt? I can’t.

To me this site does ok sometimes making something houmerous and mildly entertaining,

but then it fails when it counts in things like fair play and good threads with mammary glands in them.

CaptainDDL Posted:

The difference is that this is a privately-run website, and they’re allowed to do practically whatever they want. If the developers want to change their mind on whether or not an image should be disallowed, it sucks, but what can you do?

We’re customers. There are consumer protection laws!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

We’re customers. There are consumer protection laws!

Then file a complaint, and see how far that goes.

There are also retailer/business protection laws. You can’t go to the local restaurant, pay for your dinner, and then proceed to drop your drawers and take a dump on the table.

The customer is NOT always right.

All businesses have the right to refuse service to disruptive customers.

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

Im still waiting for an answer

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Angry hobo Posted:

The picture that got me banned has been here for a while, and before I had it posted I asked BanHammer to see it it would be considered shocking or not, he told him it was not shocking for him and If I recall correctly he said to me that the pic was fine because you could not see the bum and the genitalia was not showing.

Hobo,

I can’t find that conversation. But usually when I have one like that I say something to the effect of “Well, it’s not shocking to ME, but if anyone reports it, I’ll have to run it by ET”. And that’s what happened here. You might be surprised at how many things I have to run by ET because I don’t know if they’re shock or not, and it’s up to him to make the final call on questionable items on this, his site.

I don’t think we’re going to say “this image will always be shock because such-and-such is visible, this one won’t because such-and-such is not visible”. I realize he said what you bolded above, but you can’t count on that as the ONLY rules which apply when evaluating a picture.

Wylin Posted:

I’d probably just stop trying to push the limits and stop posting anything to do with goatse.

This. Shock is subjective, not objective, and it all comes back to ET. He’s so busy, though, that we’re his first line. But just because we don’t find something shocking, doesn’t mean he won’t when he’s pressed. Your best bet if you want to be safe is to avoid posting something which might be questionable.

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

This. Shock is subjective, not objective, and it all comes back to ET. He’s so busy, though, that we’re his first line. But just because we don’t find something shocking, doesn’t mean he won’t when he’s pressed. Your best bet if you want to be safe is to avoid posting something which might be questionable.

I not complaining about the mods like I said before, and I know you said its was not shocking for you and you directed it to ET.

All i wish is an answer by ET

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

Im still waiting for an answer

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!