Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Blinded With Rage

RebirthThom

Avatar: 18189 Sat Dec 20 10:58:29 -0500 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Obviously other than the recently released content, does this actually do anything? I’ve taken to using it to add some excitement to grinding the Job Board, and now I’m wondering if it’s actually affecting anything?

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Thommo Posted:

Obviously other than the recently released content, does this actually do anything? I’ve taken to using it to add some excitement to grinding the Job Board, and now I’m wondering if it’s actually affecting anything?

It doesn’t seem like it, it’s just a script like the FBO/XSS code.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

It never helped FalconFour either:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/393265

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

It could have limited uses in other applications. Say for example that your main attack was ready, but the thread only needs a medium strength hit to be killed. But your medium strength attack is 1 turn away from refreshing, and you don’t want to waste your main attack on such an injured thread. And there’s no need to use a consumable, and FBO/XSS isn’t available since it’s a Community Forum.

ILBBR could be used as a ‘turn-skip’ to allow that medium strength attack to refresh, so tht you can go into a new thread and use your main attack more effectively.

Other than that… not so sure.

Ravaryn

Avatar: 75916 Tue Nov 04 19:49:43 -0500 2008

[WeChall]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Acid Flux Posted:

It could have limited uses in other applications. Say for example that your main attack was ready, but the thread only needs a medium strength hit to be killed. But your medium strength attack is 1 turn away from refreshing, and you don’t want to waste your main attack on such an injured thread. And there’s no need to use a consumable, and FBO/XSS isn’t available since it’s a Community Forum.

ILBBR could be used as a ‘turn-skip’ to allow that medium strength attack to refresh, so tht you can go into a new thread and use your main attack more effectively.

Other than that… not so sure.

Actually, I sometimes use it to skip a turn, either for getting refresh times down or to let the forum injure me.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Ravaryn Posted:

Actually, I sometimes use it to skip a turn, either for getting refresh times down or to let the forum injure me.

Wouldn’t it be better to use low-strength attacks for that? It’s not like your toolbar is anywhere near full unless you’re a Hacker, and low-strength attacks take much less time.

Ravaryn

[WeChall]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

zagerblag Posted:

Wouldn’t it be better to use low-strength attacks for that? It’s not like your toolbar is anywhere near full unless you’re a Hacker, and low-strength attacks take much less time.

Well if I’m trying to drop my Ego a bit more before hitting the later threads, I’d rather not inflict any damage to the current one, especially if it’s already been bashed down to having less than 50 health left.

Also, keep in mind that you overkill a lot of threads, so that weak attack won’t likely make a difference, and keeping Blinded with Rage on there lets me just have one shortcut clogged up with a “skip” option, as opposed to using two for Drool and Bash Head.

Ravaryn edited this message on 02/26/2009 9:22PM

BrainpanSona-
ta

Avatar: 36331 Thu Feb 05 22:13:20 -0500 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Trespbumers will be violated. Survivors will be violated again.

Ravaryn has a point… since the ability doesn’t do anything, and the forum will counter-attack afterwards, it’s a good way for emo kids to quickly shed some ego and boost their attack power.

I definently see the potential for abuse in this scenario, since that ability has no refresh period. An emo kid could use the ability several times in a row to drop their ego down to less than 1/4 and hit the thread with a high-level attack, then go on and practically 1 hit KO the rest of the threads in the forum if they had enough high-level attacks. (For example, playing Emo Haiku and I Have Issues off each other, since they have low refresh times)

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Don’t be stupid.

DASBloodhund has the exact same ability.

Shii edited this message on 02/26/2009 11:48PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Shii Posted:

Don’t be stupid.

DASBloodhund has the exact same ability.

Ahh, but DASBloodhund takes 2-3 seconds to use, while blinded uses less. So it’s very time efficent also.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Blinded in Rage takes very nearly as long.

It has to flash like 5 times before it goes away.

Anyway, the ‘time-efficiency’ won’t matter because it’s only useful on Geronimo, where you wouldn’t be speed-pwning anyway.

There’s no way you can go faster by doing that attack over and over than if you just started hitting the thread right when you entered.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

just tested this. Blinded with rage takes 3 seconds, DAS 4. So you save a second!

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

lol

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Ravaryn Posted:

Well if I’m trying to drop my Ego a bit more before hitting the later threads, I’d rather not inflict any damage to the current one, especially if it’s already been bashed down to having less than 50 health left.

Also, keep in mind that you overkill a lot of threads, so that weak attack won’t likely make a difference, and keeping Blinded with Rage on there lets me just have one shortcut clogged up with a “skip” option, as opposed to using two for Drool and Bash Head.

What could possibly be the benefit of a 0-damage, 3-second attack over a damaging, quicker attack? It’s not like you’ll lower your health faster if you just sit there without damaging the thread. I’m pretty sure all threads in a forum use the same damage formula, so you can’t stall on a high-Attack thread. The thread will do the same counter-attack damage regardless of whether you do damage, unless you kill the thread, which can only be good for you. Blinded With Rage won’t screw with the speedrun timer in any way. As an Emo, you have plenty of toolbar room, so that probably isn’t the issue.

tl;dr version: Why not use a quicker attack that does a little damage instead of a slow attack that does nothing?

Ravaryn

[WeChall]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

zagerblag Posted:

tl;dr version: Why not use a quicker attack that does a little damage instead of a slow attack that does nothing?

I was using it especially on Geronimo! to be as low as possible on Ego before hitting the last thread, for the most part. I’d rather not accidentally kill the next-to-last thread with head-bashing before I was ready.

And maybe I’m just a masochist?

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Ravaryn Posted:

I was using it especially on Geronimo! to be as low as possible on Ego before hitting the last thread, for the most part. I’d rather not accidentally kill the next-to-last thread with head-bashing before I was ready.

And maybe I’m just a masochist?

‘Kay then.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Shii Posted:

Blinded in Rage takes very nearly as long.

It has to flash like 5 times before it goes away.

Anyway, the ‘time-efficiency’ won’t matter because it’s only useful on Geronimo, where you wouldn’t be speed-pwning anyway.

There’s no way you can go faster by doing that attack over and over than if you just started hitting the thread right when you entered.

You’re forgetting a major advantage Blinded has over Bloodhound…

Blinded is actually funny (pending you were here for the FalconFour drama. Also, nominating FalconFour for Forumwarz MVP ‘08).

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

You’re forgetting a major advantage Blinded has over Bloodhound…

Blinded is actually funny (pending you were here for the FalconFour drama. Also, nominating FalconFour for Forumwarz MVP ‘08).

Blinded sounds like it would get old a whole lot quicker than DAS Bloodhund, though. It already bugs me, and I have only used it the 5 times necessary to beat the mission.

Is anyone else bugged by how we can’t just make a  10,000 donation to the charity ourselves? It’s not like we can’t afford it; we could afford  1,000,000, and it could be useful as a Flezz sink.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!