Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Petition to make Klan forums non-RP

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Klan forums are currently completely useless for actual discussion, since one troll can ruin the whole thing.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Klans can’t trash-talk other klans in non-RP. Hence the designation.

Oleg

Avatar: 98357 2011-07-31 00:47:25 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 18 Hacker

INVINCIBLE POSTER

I disagree for obvious reasons.

Also it seems that only a particular kind of klans has to suffer from this kind of problems – I’ve never ever seen the klan forums of decent klans being vandalized. And also, obviously, there are some klans which can’t be bothered with non-RP rules… why should they be forced to act non-RP in a forum whose purpose it is to give people a place they can design by themselves?

Giant Dilate-
d Sphincter

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I’d have to say that I’m against this. Klan forums are designed for fun within the confines of a Klan. Clearly the Klan admins can just boot people that are out of line.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Leave klans to their own digression. If they were non-RP my old klan would have banned for so much loli. Anyhow, set your own rules, enforce them, but most of all. Watch who you invite.

No bans for breaking klan made rules though. Could be so much abuse.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Giant Dilated Sphincter Posted:

I’d have to say that I’m against this. Klan forums are designed for fun within the confines of a Klan. Clearly the Klan admins can just boot people that are out of line.

Klans can easily be decapitated. Oleg and the generichaxor Hate Club already did that.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Clearly the Klan admins can just boot people that are out of line.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

They could, but the Fan Club’s admin is banned.

EDIT: Also, once disturbing pictures have been embedded into an important Klan thread, they can’t be removed by anyone but the troll that posted them.

zagerblag edited this message on 02/26/2009 4:25PM

Giant Dilate-
d Sphincter

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

zagerblag Posted:

They could, but the Fan Club’s admin is banned.

EDIT: Also, once disturbing pictures have been embedded into an important Klan thread, they can’t be removed by anyone but the troll that posted them.

Raepdog Posted:

Watch who you invite.

This. The admin is the overseer of everyone in the Klan. They are also the only one that can appoint someone an Officer. That being said, it’s the duty of the admin to protect his klan.

Also, a klan admin can invited a mod in to clean up the klan forum. Just have that happen once your admin is back, until then, you’re going to have to deal with the fact that your klan admin let you down.

Giant Dilated Sphincter edited this message on 02/26/2009 4:30PM

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

This. The admin is the overseer of everyone in the Klan. They are also the only one that can appoint someone an Officer. That being said, it’s the duty of the admin to protect his klan.

Also, a klan admin can invited a mod in to clean up the klan forum. Just have that happen once your admin is back, until then, you’re going to have to deal with the fact that your klan admin let you down.

I consider the main cause of the Fan Club’s decapitation to be the actions of the people trying to get generichaxor banned. Without them, generichaxor probably wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near his 3-week ban. It still confuses me that running contests about getting others banned isn’t a violation of non-RP forum rule 1: Don’t be an bumhole.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

zagerblag Posted:

I consider the main cause of the Fan Club’s decapitation to be the actions of the people trying to get generichaxor banned. Without them, generichaxor probably wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near his 3-week ban. It still confuses me that running contests about getting others banned isn’t a violation of non-RP forum rule 1: Don’t be an bumhole.

Trolling is allowed in contest threads, if the OP allows it. Log in to see images!

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

CaptainDDL Posted:

Trolling is allowed in contest threads, if the OP allows it. Log in to see images!

That’s supposed to be for role-playing an bumhole. The concept of the contest seems to be actual bumholery to me. Also, the effects extend throughout the entire site, not just sub-forums or threads designated for trolling.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

That’s supposed to be for role-playing an bumhole. The concept of the contest seems to be actual bumholery to me. Also, the effects extend throughout the entire site, not just sub-forums or threads designated for trolling.

If someone trolling in the RP forums entices someone else to do something banworthy (like embed shock images), it’s the same thing. And it’s happened before.

People are responsible for their own actions.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

MC Banhammer Posted:

If someone trolling in the RP forums entices someone else to do something banworthy (like embed shock images), it’s the same thing. And it’s happened before.

People are responsible for their own actions.

The rewards are real, not role-playing, so they should not be covered by the RP protection.

EDIT: Also, should people really be allowed to pay others to do ban-worthy things? Paying others to do illegal things is illegal (as in against actual meatspace law).

zagerblag edited this message on 02/26/2009 7:08PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

The rewards are real, not role-playing, so they should not be covered by the RP protection.

I — don’t understand your argument.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

MC Banhammer Posted:

I — don’t understand your argument.

Paying others to commit bumholery should be considered bumholery.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!