Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Store Price Changes?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

scullyangel Posted:

If you are concerned about your frugality for selling, there is no reason to put points into it. You can very easily reach the sell cap with one or two .moar files. Virus Infected gives +7, anything that gives another +3 caps you out for selling still.

Alot of high end items do not grant frugality, so players are going to have to start reequipping if they want to use the ppwn shoppe effectively. Meaning another layer of complexity to item management, and no gain in functionality.

stupid name

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Wait, so what exactly was altered, and was this change intended and is it permanent? My Venuses don’t even sell for 40k aaargh. That’s a few thousand Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Someone found an exploit and now the exploit is fixed, by a small adjustment to Frugality.

Of course, small adjustments are most noticeable as prices get higher. That’s what you’re seeing.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

MC Banhammer Posted:

Someone found an exploit and now the exploit is fixed, by a small adjustment to Frugality.

Of course, small adjustments are most noticeable as prices get higher. That’s what you’re seeing.

The adjustment should have been to the exploitable prices, not the entire Frugality system.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

out of curiosity, who got the exploit? Did they get haxx?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

zagerblag Posted:

The adjustment should have been to the exploitable prices, not the entire Frugality system.

The exploit was with frugality, not with the items.

I’m not privy to who found the exploit. It’s possible CZ found it during some testing.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Fortunato Posted:

out of curiosity, who got the exploit? Did they get haxx?

The exploit was found by me and brejnz, as computer seller/buyer. Maybe the peen will be awarded to him soon.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

MC Banhammer Posted:

The exploit was with frugality, not with the items.

I’m not privy to who found the exploit. It’s possible CZ found it during some testing.

I don’t’ see how that makes sense. If the problem was with Frugality, then all items would have been exploitable.

If it was specific to Computers, then that strongly implies there was an issue with those item types.

We see items that do not hold to the standard ‘Base Cost x Frugality Factor = Max/Min Store Prices’. Books, for example. The maximum sale price for a Book in the Ppwn Shoppe is far, far less than its Base Cost. Therefore, it’s obvious that some form of sale price limit on Books has been artificially enforced.

If computers, and only computers, were causing this glitch/exploit, why not change those three items to act similarly to Books (storyline validation: Computers become Obsolete very, very quickly, so they don’t resell for as much as normal), and thereby avoid creating such a serious skew in the economy of every other single item at high Frugality?

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Acid Flux Posted:

If computers, and only computers, were causing this glitch/exploit, why not change those three items to act similarly to Books (storyline validation: Computers become Obsolete very, very quickly, so they don’t resell for as much as normal), and thereby avoid creating such a serious skew in the economy of every other single item at high Frugality

Or, really more importantly, the adjustment to the sale price of every item.

While I do honestly feel for the relatively few resellers who likely just lost thousands of Flezz with each sale, now that Frugality caps at 51 instead of 54, I feel more for every player who just lost  600 on the sale of each Venus de Milo they had or will get (and some amount from everything else they might sell).

And especially for those players who just saw the value of the junk collections they’ve been holding onto lose value with no chance to decide if they’d rather have the Flezz than the collection.

I guess they’ll just have to put it all on Kyoubai and hope to recover the value. bumuming it’s not called abuse.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

naughty-mayhem Posted:

Or, really more importantly, the adjustment to the sale price of every item.

While I do honestly feel for the relatively few resellers who likely just lost thousands of Flezz with each sale, now that Frugality caps at 51 instead of 54, I feel more for every player who just lost  600 on the sale of each Venus de Milo they had or will get (and some amount from everything else they might sell).

And especially for those players who just saw the value of the junk collections they’ve been holding onto lose value with no chance to decide if they’d rather have the Flezz than the collection.

I guess they’ll just have to put it all on Kyoubai and hope to recover the value. bumuming it’s not called abuse.

Either they would lose all of their reserves, or they would sell the items for much less than their Ppwn Shoppe value.

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

zagerblag Posted:

Either they would lose all of their reserves, or they would sell the items for much less than their Ppwn Shoppe value.

Or they’ll sell for vastly more than the Ppwn Shop value.

Have you seen how many junk auctiosn have been closed for abuse, and it’s not all people trying to transfer Flezz. It’s mostly people paying way too much for junk, just for the sake of doing it.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

guest42 Posted:

Or they’ll sell for vastly more than the Ppwn Shop value.

Have you seen how many junk auctiosn have been closed for abuse, and it’s not all people trying to transfer Flezz. It’s mostly people paying way too much for junk, just for the sake of doing it.

I was bumuming the auctions wouldn’t be abused. I saw the junk bid wars.

Shroomsday

Level 61 Camwhore

“Sergeant Slutter”

If the frugality cap’s now 51 instead of 10, why does it seem to make no difference from say 11 to 18? Seems like that prices were just put down and the frugality system hasn’t changed. Some clarification would be good.

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Frugality’s cap for buying is now 51 (instead of 54).

Frugality’s cap for selling is as of yet undetermined.

It may still cap at 10 for selling, with a lower max price, or it may cap sooner. There has yet to be a report specifying either way.

guest42 edited this message on 02/27/2009 6:36AM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

guest42 Posted:

Frugality’s cap for buying is now 51 (instead of 54).

Frugality’s cap for selling is as of yet undetermined.

It may still cap at 10 for selling, with a lower max price, or it may cap sooner. There has yet to be a report specifying either way.

Just tested it, cap for selling is still 10.

KizH

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

dddddasdsfsdgf.on.nimp.org

MOD EDIT: User warned for trolling in GD.

KizH was banned for this post by Evil Trout

KizH edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Rigr

Avatar: 132036 Mon Mar 16 12:22:53 -0400 2009

[Epic Win]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

scullyangel Posted:

I certainly can’t say that anything is permanently anything. However, currently it appears that there was an across the board adjustment and that the adjustment was to frugality rather than the price of the items.

I am pretty sure that a load of .Moar files have different base prices now. Drugs and other ites were not affected, but moar files were. This led to some confusion and a (great) change in kyoubai prices

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!