Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Community missions
Poll: What do you think? (read post)
You must be logged in to vote.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

With the recent addition of Celerysteve’s optional mission which amountted to obscenely awesome amounts of trollwin, I’ve had the idea of CZ releasing missions made by the community for players who have already completed ep2 (just like the MOTF mission)

So if there was a way we could develop our own missions, chats and whatnot, send them to CZ for approval up until an arranged deadline and release them well in advance of whenever ep3 is due to go live, that would not only be awesome, but it’d also engage the community in something other than flamebate and forumbuildr.

What do you think?

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Signed. All in all, I don’t think there should be too many community missions, but one from time to time would definitely be a good idea. I even already proposed Evil Trout to buy a custom mission for quite some BP (not even for all Ep. 2 finished players, but only for a few selected ones), he said he’ll think about this later.

Another idea that came up by Evil Trout himself were additional quests you can buy for BP. Also not that bad of an idea imo as long as the price-performance ratio is fair.

FalCoN edited this message on 02/25/2009 3:47AM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

The idea is not bad, though I don’t think it will happen in the near future. With forumbuildr and itembuildr starting soon, there is not the space for a missionbuildr now, I suppose.

An official sidequest from time time like now is pretty good for now

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

I think thats a great idea. I was thinking of some sort of ‘trip around the world’ mission, given by some yet to be created Dictator who seeks to rule the planet.

This involves pwning a crazy amount of forums (let’s say 15 or something) all from different countries. So an american forum, a french forum, a german forum etc.

This should eventually lead to the ‘around the world in 15 visits’ e-peen.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Aldo_Anything Posted:

An official sidequest from time time like now is pretty good for now

Actually, instead of adding new characters like Falcon****er, I’d even prefer to see some of the old NPCs to make another appearance. I’d definitely enjoy another sidequest by Doktor Jojo, BidSquid or Fr4gGingR1teZ…

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I don’t like the idea of buying side quests with bp.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

was Posted:

I don’t like the idea of buying side quests with bp.

Only quest that CZ could reasonably charge BP for would be E3.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Since the cat is out of the bag…

I’ve always liked the idea of giving the community the ability to create their own missions — whether they’re done as solo vanity projects, within a Klan, or as a democratically voted and/or wikified group effort. One day (perhaps after Episode 3 is complete) I would love to see this become a reality.

However, there are several issues with such an concept, beyond those of quality control.

The obvious one would be the hugeness of the infrastructure needed to create a comprehensive “questbuildr.” A mission is more than just a chat. There’s the mission description, NPC profile and avatar, follow-up tubmails, reward items, bumociated attacks, etc.

Now, if you were to just hand in a well-formatted conversation, as druss suggested, that’s another story. And to be honest, I was thinking of holding a contest along those lines in preparation for Episode 3. Even so, it’s not that simple. Someone (me) would want extensive revisions and edits before manually porting it over to our conversation editor. From there, I’d have to create all the other mission aspects described above.

And only then could ET begin to program the mission, which could be simple or very complex. In the case of Falcon****er case, the BlindedWithRage attack actually took a lot of programming — not the animation, but just making sure it worked in the context of the mission. With everything else he’s got to work on, it’s not a task you can take on lightly. He’d have to be completely devoted to getting all this content up and running.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

In the case of Falcon****er case, the BlindedWithRage attack actually took a lot of programming — not the animation, but just making sure it worked in the context of the mission.

Not every quest needs to introduce new attacks. They could introduce interesting combinations, such as “suck up to Forum1, deploy x FBO attacks to Forum2, get n IP addresses from Forum3, kill yourself on Forum4, and pwn Forum5.” Most of that codes already in place so the changes for it, or any subset, should be relatively straightforward. As long as he doesn’t accidentally overwrite another forum’s attacks in the process again.

And existing NPCs could be used, or at least some of them, so then there’s no need for creating everything required for them. I for one would love to go on a mission bumigned by Yuriko-chan…

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yuriko-chan…

Only if mammary glands are rewarded. mammary glands > epeen.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 02/25/2009 4:28PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Yeh, I’d love to see her pop up again. I think there’s a whole host of stuff you could do with Yuriko, especially in some of the community forums like Engrish Lessons or Cosplay Central.

(If someone else steals that idea for use in a sidequest I will whine even more than I already do. Consider yourself warned.)

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Johnny Mac Posted:

Only if mammary glands are rewarded. mammary glands > epeen.

You’re looking at it all wrong, the reward should be a mammary glands epeen. There would at least be a thematic reason why your epeen just grew a little bit.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Point taken, Banhammer and all.

As we’ve kind of hinted at before — and at risk of further raising the ire of The Unknown Comic — we’re not going to openly put out a call for submissions in Flamebate. However, if you think you’ve got the creative chops and you’re seriously interested in contributing, I’m always happy to look at what you’ve got to say. One of my long-term dreams is to use Forumwarz as a platform to help other writers gain a wider audience, because I know we have a ton of talent here.

So if you find the muse hits you, all you have to do is Tubmail me. It might take some time, but I’ll always get back to you. However, you should know that part of my day job is rejecting bad pitches from wannabe writers. While it might seem shoddily thrown together, we actually have very high standards here at Forumwarz! Log in to see images!

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

FalCoN Posted:

I’d prefer to see some of the old NPCs to make another appearance. I’d definitely enjoy another sidequest by Doktor Jojo, BidSquid or Fr4gGingR1teZ…

very much agreed, the NPC’s you meet go by too fast, they should come back in ep3.

g7parsh

Avatar: 119206 2010-03-02 23:21:21 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I thought of one for Bitsquid.

We would make a Ebay parody forum, and he would ask us to take it down.

Missons would rock, if don’t have to pay BP for them. I don’t have any so it would suck for people who don’t have Eps. 2

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Will there be an option to be anonymous when making these missions?

make it stop

Avatar: 122779 2010-06-03 22:53:20 -0400

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Actually, instead of adding new characters like Falcon****er, I’d even prefer to see some of the old NPCs to make another appearance. I’d definitely enjoy another sidequest by Doktor Jojo, BidSquid or Fr4gGingR1teZ…

I also agree with this…bring back the characters that briefly showed up, then disappeared…tidying up the sTalk list, and making the story more involved.

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

Yes, this has to be an absolute must! It may be hard to code and may take ages to perfect but this is exactly what you said about itembuildr.

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I think this is a great idea. Rather than being 100% user-created (like forumbuildr), to create something in conjunction with CZ would be absolutely fantastic; and from what I’ve seen in my writing comp I think quite a few fwarz members would be up to the challenge!

The question is, how would you choose which members / submissions are worth your time? Because to vet everything manually would be a huge workload for you guys, even with all the mods helping.

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

Who knows? Maybe we can get a new mission every week! Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!