Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Goatse.cx Question about the damage reduction for taking on harder forums

Arcadia

Level 54 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

So there’s supposedly a 20% reduction of attack per level when going against a forum higher than your level(like if you’re lvl 17 and the forum is lvl 20, you would only do 40% of your normal damage, for example).

Is this to say that I can’t fight any forums 5+ levels over me? Or does the damage reduction cap out at like 10% of max damage or something? I just ask this because I find the forums 4+ levels higher than me not to be very challenging because I can just heal myself all day and then use a consumable when my secondary stat gets low or if I end up in an emergency and need ego restored due to carelessness.

So would I be wasting my turns to go somewhere 5+ levels higher? I’d just try it myself but I’m on a 30 something streak. Taking on harder stuff would just allow me to level faster which is the only thing I’m playing for at this point as I don’t have episode 2 and it’s really quite fun.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

You can fight forums that are any number of levels higher. I am 99% sure that you bottom out your attack at 10%. If you are willing to spend the time and consumables, you can go after whatever you want. (I don’t advise the high end hard hitters though, since you will not be able to heal fast enough to kill them.)

Btw, Episode 2 is worth it, grab it when you can. Maybe enter some of the contests that are giving away BPs.

scully edited this message on 02/24/2009 6:07AM

Arcadia

Level 54 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

Alright, thanks for the help.

I’d get episode 2, but right now I just don’t feel like it, ya know. For now I wanna level to 35 or at least to the 30’s and then I’ll grab episode 2 for the sake of “finishing things up”. Wrapping up the story, getting the best stuff, etc. I know it’s only $10, but I don’t buy much stuff and I feel it can wait a couple weeks.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

You’ll really be takeing the fun factor out of episode 2 leveling that high since you’ll blaze through it. But if you only really want the story/dialog I guess that works.

Arcadia

Level 54 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

Yeah, I understand I’ll be skipping some of the challenge in the story and I’ll tear right through it at a high level. But what I really want are the new items and general stuff to use, as well as being up to date with everyone else. It’s starting to suck using +50 sexiness lipstick when you have two attacks that take 13 and 12 with a refresh of 1. I’m starting to see how using too many consumables is a pain in the bum and I’m getting a little tired of using the equips I bought at level 12 Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!