Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing T. S. Eliot

a dallop a d-
aisy

Level 6 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

What is your opinion of T. S. Eliot? I take a keen interest in “The Waste Land,” and I feel like learning Latin just so that I could read the Satyricon which was quoted “NAM Sibyllam quidem great timesis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere, et great times illi pueri dicerunt: Sebulla pe theleis; respondebat illa: apothanein thelo.”

The same goes for “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.”

Rasta-Theclo-
wn

Level 31 Emo Kid

I waste brownie points on anything that moves

I recall T.S. Eliot was one of the two poets I had to read in my Junior year HS English clbum. Even the hideous incompetence of my English teacher couldn’t taint T.S. Eliot entirely. While Eliot struck me as a bit dark for my tastes, the man clearly knew how to create an image. From the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock: “When the evening is spread out against the sky / Like a patient etherized upon a table.” This isn’t the way I would describe the evening sky, but it certainly makes for a memorable image.

Hollow Men is my favorite, however. The image of those shades, damned to half-existence in death as they were in life, is terribly haunting. “Those who have crossed / With direct eyes, to death’s other Kingdom / Remember us—if at all—not as lost / Violent souls, but only / As the hollow men / The stuffed men.” These were the petty sycophants, the middlemen and paper-shufflers. The businessmen who calmly sold the public dangerous products because it was the path of least resistance, and didn’t even have a stain on their conscious. They weren’t evil or cruel, per se. They just didn’t do anything with their lives. If they were good, it was only because that was easier then being evil. If they were evil, it was because being evil was the path of least resistance.

Rasta-Theclown edited this message on 03/05/2008 9:14PM

Badgerman of-
DOOM

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Honestly, I hate him only for the reason that I have to do a project on his ****.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

TS Eliot? What the hell does that mean? Is that some sort of new code Peckham is installing to subvert my power?

That damn Peckham. Moodus, call him right now, we’ll get our revenge. What should you tell him? Ha! I know! “TS Eliot!”

Biff Weasley

Avatar: 2174 Wed Nov 05 00:04:24 -0500 2008

Level 19 Troll

bumhead

I think I’ll go eat a peach.

xXnUCLeARSHo-
cKeRXx

Level 3 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

TeeKayEff Posted:

TS Eliot? What the hell does that mean? Is that some sort of new code Peckham is installing to subvert my power?

That damn Peckham. Moodus, call him right now, we’ll get our revenge. What should you tell him? Ha! I know! “TS Eliot!”

Guys at the base say there is no T.S. Elliot stationed here.

FaKeShAdOw

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

****ing love him. (yes homo) He was like a god in his time.

“Yes, I suppose some editors are failed writers – but so are most writers.” ~ T.S. Eliot

We are the hollow men

We are the stuffed men

Leaning together

Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

Also, **** yeah. I had to do a project for The Wasteland too. I was a fabulous person for it though, so turning in my **** sandwiched in a plastic cover got me an A and a blowjob.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Also, T.S. Elliot is not a new code like the colors of the day.

(I loved that book[no homo]. Brings back many memories, also no homo.)

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Also, T.S. Elliot is not a new code like the colors of the day.

(I loved that book[no homo]. Brings back many memories, also no homo.)

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

T.S. Eliot is one of my favorite poets. He was pretty badbum for his day…except, of course, all the kitty-cat stuff.

My Grade 11 English teacher hipped me to him. She actually said some of my poetry reminded her of his ****, which was a great compliment.

If I were in high school today, I’d probably be considered “emo.” But this was 10 years ago, so it was more like a Trenchcoat Mafia thing.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!