Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface My inventory is 34 pages long

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I’ve been engaging in a “something to do” project of trying to collect all the .moar files. Currently, I have about half. Many of these files, I will never want to equip, but I want to have them because I’m enjoying collecting them. The sheer volume of my inventory makes “managing inventory” frankly nightmarish, and I try to avoid the page unless I absolutely have to.

Is there some way we can do one or more of:

1) Make inventory sections (e.g. “Audio files” ) collapsable, or accessible via different tabs?

2) Make a “Storage” area for items that we just want to have to collect, not necessarily to equip.

3) Make some sort of way to save “outfits” so I can navigate the horror that is my inventory just once for each special purpose I want a set of items for (e.g. “Rollover”, “Buying”, “High Luck Pwning”, “Low Luck Pwning”, etc.)

4) Give a player option to hide the bonuses granted by a piece of information under the “More information link” or do this by default for .moar files in lieu of the always informative “this is a media file retrieved from the internet.”

If I’m at 34 clicks on the “page down” bumon to get to the bottom of my inventory with only roughly half of the .moars, this is going to get much worse before it gets better, unless some kindly admin comes along and says “yes, we’re hoping to roll out a fun, exciting new inventory soon!”, which is what I’m hoping for.

EDIT: I hate the ” followed by a ) becoming a winking emoticon so much I am LITERALLY BLINDED WITH RAGE.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 02/24/2009 5:02AM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Signed, signed, signed, and signed.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

For now you could just put the crappy ones up for auction at unreasonable prices and not take them out of your Tubmail when they return, the auction listing fees are absolute peanuts on .moars.

With the 300 item limit, which is too low for comfortable .moar file collecting anyway, you’re going to have to do something like that at some point anyway.

That’s just a tip for a quick and ugly fix on your end, though, and I think collapsable inventories, a raised item limit and costumes should all be implemented sooner rather than later.

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Also: ability to sort items by stats, maybe?

For example: sort all audio files by attack bonus.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Somewhere to move files that you’re collecting, away from your normal inventory (display cabinet)

And improvements to the ppwn shoppe interface, because it’s currently unusable on Firefox.

Benjamini

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

A display to store items you don’t want to sell and use would be very useful.

Signing every point

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

In the meantime, if you know the name of the item you want to equip/unequip, you can just CTRL+F and search for it. Not terribly helpful I know.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

And improvements to the ppwn shoppe interface, because it’s currently unusable on Firefox.

What problems are you having? It seems to work just fine for me. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Edit: Oh, and I fully support the OP’s ideas.

Acid Flux edited this message on 02/24/2009 8:50AM

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

My inventory is only 32 pages…

I don’t know what’s more aggravating, that people suggest a costume option every week like clockwork since .moar files came out, or that it hasn’t been implemented yet…

Dyson Logos

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

How does it work on MSIE? I’m running Linux and only use firefox, and the interface seems to work fine for me.

So1o

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

KaaVink Posted:

Also: ability to sort items by stats, maybe?

For example: sort all audio files by attack bonus.

Sort by base cost would be easier to implement and would achieve similar results.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!