Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Seriously, stop

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Do you guys like, not ever look at the other community forums?

Engrish Lessons was basically a copy of the Great Firewall, Rule Thirty-Fourum is the exact same thing as the Extremely Specific Fetish Emporium, and now the Sweaty Handbook for Virgins is leading?

Read the description for “Sweaty Handbook” and then go look at Sexteen. They are the exact same forum with a different name.

Stop voting for absolute copycats, damnit. We need some originality and the original ideas get downvoted into the effing ground. It’s very special.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

hey guys i have a great idea what about delete forumbuildr

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

do you really think this thread will make any difference at all to peoples voting? request move to whiny ****es because this is a rant imo.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

request move to whiny ****es

Tare

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I completely agree with you. Those aren’t the only ones. It seemed to me like Grammar Nazis was a copy of The Urbane Dictionary.

Tare edited this message on 02/23/2009 4:07PM

The Biscuit -
Kid

Avatar: 97122 Wed Jan 28 02:18:59 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

Raping The Gingerbread Man since 1992.

The British Empire seems like a tip-top forum idea. Log in to see images!

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

Shii Posted:

Do you guys like, not ever look at the other community forums?

Engrish Lessons was basically a copy of the Great Firewall, Rule Thirty-Fourum is the exact same thing as the Extremely Specific Fetish Emporium, and now the Sweaty Handbook for Virgins is leading?

Read the description for “Sweaty Handbook” and then go look at Sexteen. They are the exact same forum with a different name.

Stop voting for absolute copycats, damnit. We need some originality and the original ideas get downvoted into the effing ground. It’s very special.

A lot of the existing forums suck. With Rule Thirty-Forum, I took an internet meme and clever writing to do something only LOOSELY related to existing forum and did it better. Discussing fetishes is not the same as Rule 34 stuff.

If I see submissions, such as the rather cleverly-written HandBook, which I must say is MUCH better than SexTeen (boring), I’ll upvote them.

If you want to **** at people for submitting and upvoting well-written or funny forums just because they’re based on some “similar concept” of another forum, you’ll quickly find no more entries, or entries about really idiotic things.

If nobody ever made a TV show or movie because “the Simpsons did it,” there’d be no TV.

People can and will write better ideas.

Stop whining. You whine a lot.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I whine because “better written” versions of existing forums are a ****ty substitute for quality forum ideas of which there are NO duplicates.

There are at least 6 ideas that aren’t mine that I see every week that aren’t existing forums that I think would be funny and easy to write content for.

But yet crap like the above keep getting voted. Sorry Bashy, but your view on the issue is slightly biased considering your crap forum idea got picked.

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

Shii Posted:

I whine because “better written” versions of existing forums are a ****ty substitute for quality forum ideas of which there are NO duplicates.

There are at least 6 ideas that aren’t mine that I see every week that aren’t existing forums that I think would be funny and easy to write content for.

But yet crap like the above keep getting voted. Sorry Bashy, but your view on the issue is slightly biased considering your crap forum idea got picked.

I think your view is biased because yours never get picked. Again, there aren’t a ton of super-original ideas left that wouldn’t be something stupid like “Pink Polka-Dotted Hippotamuses who Love Chocolate Club.” I agree, though, that a lot of really good and even a few completely original ideas get crushed and a lot of horrible forums get chosen. And I agree there are still plenty of original ideas left. I also believe the voting system is stupid and needs modification.

I don’t agree, however, that nobody can, or should try to do, better than an existing forum but with the same concept. Getting angry at which forums win is pretty pointless. Instead, be ****ed off at the voting system and the voters, and do your best to vote fairly and for the ones YOU believe are good.

I have no problem with anyone who thinks my single forum win is a piece of ****, and I have no real problem when someone else’s entry wins. It’s not a a personal insult. It’s a stupid forum idea in a game with a poor voting system and users who often vote in self-interest instead of for quality.

nanafabulous personjesus

[Team Shortbus]

Level 9 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

perhaps someone should make a forum about bashing fetususes that is a very clever thing!!

nanafabulous personjesus

[Team Shortbus]

Level 9 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

perhaps someone should make a forum about bashing fetususes that is a very clever thing!!

new idea!:

the posters in the forum will speak in third person and the fetuses will symbolically represent a JOKE, an UNFUNNY joke and so when fetuses are bashed whats really going on is an UNFUNNY joke is being bashed!

!!

nanafabulous personjesus

[Team Shortbus]

Level 9 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

just kidding lets delete forumbuildr

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

just kidding lets delete forumbuildr

Nana, I am sorry we have not interacted more.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Fortunato Posted:

Nana, I am sorry we have not interacted more.

who r u

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS Posted:

who r u

a newfabulous person. Been here about 4 months now. Read and heard a lot about you, and seen a lot of great threads. Miss ya.

Anyway, Shii, you’re not a bad dude, but unfortunately complaining about buildr isn’t going to change people’s awful taste. I agree with you about stuff, but buildr’s a tough fix and the list of things that work way worse than buildr is extremely long. I would rather see .moars fixed first, and the ppwn shop sales interface, and make drugs stackable in auctions and and and…

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Fortunato Posted:

a newfabulous person. Been here about 4 months now. Read and heard a lot about you, and seen a lot of great threads. Miss ya.

haha cool

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Bashy Posted:

Its okay that I took another idea, if you mix it with a meme, its original.

Post.

Bashy Posted:

If nobody ever made a TV show or movie because “the Simpsons did it,” there’d be no TV.

I’ve seen South Park also.

Bashy Posted:

Stop whining. You whine a lot.

*cough*Furry*cough*

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Fortunato Posted:

Anyway, Shii, you’re not a bad dude, but unfortunately complaining about buildr isn’t going to change people’s awful taste. I agree with you about stuff, but buildr’s a tough fix and the list of things that work way worse than buildr is extremely long. I would rather see .moars fixed first, and the ppwn shop sales interface, and make drugs stackable in auctions and and and…

I totally agree with you that it’s a really tough fix, but considering it’s the only consistently-updated user-driven content that actually adds to the game, I think this is a huge priority, more so than some interfaces, or minor auction problems.

The longer it’s neglected, the more bad content that gets in.

Bashy, my OP wasn’t really directed at the bad forum ideas. I know those will always be around. It’s irritation at the stupid voters, like you said. We pretty much agree on the issues with it, from what I took away from your last post.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Copycat forums are only copycat forums if people pick the exact same entries. If forumbuildr regulars were to make more specific entries that separate two otherwise similar forums, we wouldn’t have this problem.

Also, I never saw a relationship between Great Firewall and Engrish Lessons prior to your mentioning it, and I still fail to.

That being said I do wish that forumbuilr had more restriction in terms of voting, particularly when it comes to downvoting. But that topic has been said time and time again and I doubt it is going to change. So the best one can do is make kick-bum submissions and hope that logic and a good sense of humor prevails over simple schadenfreude this time around.

I have an idea for a forum —- what if!!! We were to make a forum for “flame warz” where everyone tries to “pwn” the threads they were in,

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!