Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Contest Failure

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Bottom line:

Nobody will call you on toxx if you 1) are careful with the text at the op of the contest, and 2) pay the prize promptly at the end of the contest.

You do not need to put the BP in escrow with a mod. The mods are not banks. I ran the carol contest, that druss got toxx banned for, and it went just fine for me. I didn’t put the (fairly significant) 12 BP prize in escrow with tubs or banhammer.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Fortunato Posted:

Bottom line:

Nobody will call you on toxx if you 1) are careful with the text at the op of the contest, and 2) pay the prize promptly at the end of the contest.

You do not need to put the BP in escrow with a mod. The mods are not banks. I ran the carol contest, that druss got toxx banned for, and it went just fine for me. I didn’t put the (fairly significant) 12 BP prize in escrow with tubs or banhammer.

true. however, the mods specifically requested that i give them the BP in escrow for the contest, so i did.

(contest #0 of mine was somewhat controversial, so they asked me to give them the BP when i ran contest #1 )

ghax edited this message on 02/22/2009 12:08PM

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Oleg Mordashov Posted:

I think Acid Flux is Log in to see images!

done. sig updated.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

bump. anyone else need advertising?

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

generichaxor Posted:

bump. anyone else need advertising?

anyone interested?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

generichaxor Posted:

anyone interested?

How many times are you going to post no content posts in this no-RP/trolling forum, in a thread about your contest?

Your contest was for you to get friends, and give away 11 bp. When you changed it to include more, you changed the contest which is what most people would consider some form of toxx but let slide because you attempted to make it better. Is it toxx now when people from your klan pull themselves out of the contest after you already said how many people were in your klan in your OP which would signify that you are giving away at least that many prizes. Now when people draw out are you giving out less prizes? Yes… Toxx? probably. Also, how can you have this song lyric thing running in the middle of your contest that you “might” give more bp for when a song gets completed?

You should have just made multiple contests, I’m guessing you will get banned.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Acid Flux Posted:

the part that irritates me the most is that the people defending you got banned.

Don’t be irritated, it was their own faults for trolling instead of letting the argument die. people throw around the ‘serious business’ term jokingly a lot here but it’s true. People get WAY too worked up over stuff here. And for ****s sakes, saying ‘lets wait until he gets back to explain himself’ then continuing on posting the same cyclical arguments for three pages is just plain dumb.

I digress, the point was they trolled repeatedly in the thread.

generichaxor Posted:

true. however, the mods specifically requested that i give them the BP in escrow for the contest, so i did.

(contest #0 of mine was somewhat controversial, so they asked me to give them the BP when i ran contest #1 )

I only suggested it. (and have not suggested it nor will suggest it again. escrow = mbumive waste of my own time when everyone else on forumwarz can manage their own BP without issue) I suggested it to you because you appeared to have no clue how contests or BP worked during that first contest.

this isn’t an rp forum btw, don’t spam bumps on your own threads.

I hate coming off as a male reproductive organ but this whole situation is bizarre and dumb.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!