Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 Annoying bugs, reported but not fixed

Flash Gordon

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 35 Camwhore

Arktor Forever!

- Clicking links in adverts leads to a blank page with a url in the address bar like

http://www.forumwarz.com/ads/click/534

This happens on the character page and in flamebate, but not IDC, using both Firefox and Chrome in Windows Vista. Ad links function correctly on my work machine though (Firefox, XP), so I’m a little confused about this one. Why would I see the same issue in two different browsers on the same machine, but not another? Is Vista causing this one somehow?

– Selling items individually at the Ppwn Shoppe is *very* slow in Firefox (I’ve tested this on two PCs) Clicking the + link next to each item can lead to a 5 second pause, so selling a large number of moar files at the same time would be impossible. I don’t see the same pause using Chrome.

– The Martyrdom skill only removes your health 50% of the time. If you use the skill in conjunction with Life After Death, this locks the battle screen, and you have to refresh (‘do you really want to leave the battle?’ ) to try again. Life After Death counter reduces by one so a turn has been taken each time you attempt using the Martyrdom skill again.

Flash Gordon edited this message on 02/21/2009 7:34AM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

^ alt fail

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Flash Gordon Posted:

Clicking links in adverts leads to a blank page with a url in the address bar like

http://www.forumwarz.com/ads/click/534

This happens on the character page and in flamebate, but not IDC, using both Firefox and Chrome in Windows Vista. Ad links function correctly on my work machine though (Firefox, XP), so I’m a little confused about this one. Why would I see the same issue in two different browsers on the same machine, but not another? Is Vista causing this one somehow?

The problem must be on your side. No problem here. The response headers look fine. Maybe Vista has some extra security settings preventing the page to redirect.

HTTP/1.x 302 Moved Temporarily
Server: nginx/0.6.32
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 09:47:14 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Location: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/26592-brainfreeze-presents-the-biggest-forumwarz-contest-ever-ever-54-bp-up-for-grabs
X-Runtime: 10ms
Cache-Control: no-cache
Set-Cookie: <removed>
Content-Length: 193
Connection: close
Accept-Ranges: None

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Gah. Fixed by disabling the anti-phishing filter in Kaspersky Internet Security Log in to see images!

So 1 down, 2 to go…

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Flash Gordon Posted:

- Selling items individually at the Ppwn Shoppe is *very* slow in Firefox (I’ve tested this on two PCs) Clicking the + link next to each item can lead to a 5 second pause, so selling a large number of moar files at the same time would be impossible. I don’t see the same pause using Chrome.

Well again no problem here so maybe it’s just because you have too many items in your inventory. Chrome is known to have the fastest javascript engine so maybe that’s why you don’t see the pause. Also from a quick look into the script I think it is possible to make it run faster.

Spoony J

[Order of the Spoon]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Anybody else get that glitch where your keyboard won’t trigger your attacks? It’s happened a couple times now, really random and really annoying

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Spoony J Posted:

Anybody else get that glitch where your keyboard won’t trigger your attacks? It’s happened a couple times now, really random and really annoying

Sometimes, but generally only on Geronimo.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Spoony J Posted:

i’ve gotten that often, it’s p annoying.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

quangntenemy Posted:

Well again no problem here so maybe it’s just because you have too many items in your inventory. Chrome is known to have the fastest javascript engine so maybe that’s why you don’t see the pause. Also from a quick look into the script I think it is possible to make it run faster.

I’m not going to sell the files I’ve acgreat timesulated with the shop interface as it stands, so it’s likely I’m just going to get more and more, and it’s going to get slower and slower, in a vicious cycle. Hopefully ET will have implemented an improved interface before I start hitting the 300 item limit on too many alts.

I’m seeing big slowdowns with any more than 50 or so different items. I click a bumon, 5 second pause, then the price is updated, with another visible pause halfway through the number changing on the screen. I can queue up clicks to sell 20 items, and 2 minutes later it’s still going.

I checked out the alpha of the next version of Firefox, which is supposed to include an improved javascript engine, but saw no change. Perhaps that part hasn’t been implemented yet, I didn’t look too closely.

MasterHaxxor

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Since item condition doesn’t change its sell price, just make all unequipped items stack in the sell screen, and have the lowest condition one’s get sold first, if you elect to keep any. This seems like it would be the best way to handle that to me. That way you could sell your 300+ stack of that one moar file and if you want to keep some, only the best ones will still be in your inventory.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I’m not going to sell the files I’ve acgreat timesulated with the shop interface as it stands, so it’s likely I’m just going to get more and more, and it’s going to get slower and slower, in a vicious cycle. Hopefully ET will have implemented an improved interface before I start hitting the 300 item limit on too many alts.

I’m seeing big slowdowns with any more than 50 or so different items. I click a bumon, 5 second pause, then the price is updated, with another visible pause halfway through the number changing on the screen. I can queue up clicks to sell 20 items, and 2 minutes later it’s still going.

I checked out the alpha of the next version of Firefox, which is supposed to include an improved javascript engine, but saw no change. Perhaps that part hasn’t been implemented yet, I didn’t look too closely.

Well if ET is too busy for this maybe you can disable Javascript, type in the quantity, and click sell. You can see the total price in the next page.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!