Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art How are we going to handle DeviousArt?

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

It’s looking like DeviousArt could very well be next week’s forum. This is really a question for everybody, but input from Evil Trout would be great.

It seems like this is a forum that would really benefit from being able to attach/embed images to the posts.

Is this possible or even desirable? I’d just as soon let people throw whatever pictures they want into the posts, and things will just get voted up or down as normal. I guess there’s (in theory) some griefing potential, though I’d like to think we’re better than spamming huge.jpg everywhere. I think the benefit outweighs that, but what do you guys think?

First I was going to say you might just have people host them independently and embed them in the posts, but then I guess you have issues with images theoretically being broken in the future. Maybe have an upload system where people can throw images into a ‘pool’ to be used for this particular forum, sort of like avatars? Obviously there’d be a reasonably small cap on size, both in terms of screen space and kb. Then again, we have a lot more users than we used to, and depending upon how much server space we’ve got available that might be impractical.

Thoughts?

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Uhhh… there are still a few days left till Sunday so posting this early might not get the ball rolling on new ideas.

But in response to your idea I think picture embedding might be a little complicated and open up the door for copyright violations. I have enough ideas for that topic anyway without using pictures Log in to see images!

Makai Rythem

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

If I remember correctly, there’s only one subforum that we have to really worry about that. The rest are pretty lulzy without images.

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I think an important point is that we’re parodying the forum, not the site itself. I would imagine a lot of the thread/post ideas would be artists asking about art creation. (“Is there such at thing as too many gradients?” ) That’s the direction I would go, anyway.

Cyberface207 edited this message on 03/05/2008 10:18PM

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Cyberface207 Posted:

I think an important point is that we’re parodying the forum, not the site itself. I would imagine a lot of the thread/post ideas would be artists asking about art creation. (“Is there such at thing as too many gradients?” ) That’s the direction I would go, anyway.

Sweet. This is the kind of input I was looking for. Log in to see images!

I hadn’t thought about copyright violations, either; that’s a good point. And yeah, I know it’s a little early to be posting this, but hey, I figure it’s worth a shot.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

Nobody posted videos for YouBoob.

Or mammary glands. Log in to see images!

Spider Jerus-
alem

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Just sayin’...

In a game whose MO is male reproductive organing people over and just being a male reproductive organ generally, declaring victory in advance seems like a good way to torpedo your odds…

But then perhaps that IS your objective, you saucy knave! ...

...or did you just WANT me to think that? Log in to see images!

Kerridwen_Ka-
li

Level 29 Emo Kid

I HEART CANADIANS!

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

I hadn’t thought about copyright violations, either; that’s a good point.

I have friends (not in this game) who go ape**** over copyright violations when their images are posted to other websites without linking or credit. That’s really not someplace you want to go.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I didn’t submit any of the winning forum ideas and I don’t know who did, so no, I’m not trying to sabotage anything, sorry. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!