Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion Any Satanists out there?
Poll: Know any Satanists?
You must be logged in to vote.

Jonro

Avatar: 132894 Thu Feb 19 22:01:35 -0500 2009

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Holla atch boyee.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Troll thread in Non-RP.

Jonro

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

...no, seriously. I’m a Satanist. Just wondering if there were any others out there.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

I’ve read the Satanist Bible.

The thing with Satanism is if you believe in Satanism, you also believe in the Judeo-Christian God who created him (or else they’re be no Satan). Therefore, based on your own knowledge and beliefs, you reject everything good, embrace everything selfish, and damn yourself to Hell. Not really the moral or even relatively intelligent choice is it?

Context

Avatar: 121191 Wed Mar 18 08:50:56 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 30 Camwhore

The Cats Pajamas

What I would like to know is, why are there so many zebras on FW? Also: What made you choose to be a satanist, apart from your clear desire to be a rebellious, snowflake like every other teenager on the internet.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

Celerysteve Posted:

I’ve read the Satanist Bible.

The thing with Satanism is if you believe in Satanism, you also believe in the Judeo-Christian God who created him (or else they’re be no Satan). Therefore, based on your own knowledge and beliefs, you reject everything good, embrace everything selfish, and damn yourself to Hell. Not really the moral or even relatively intelligent choice is it?

This. Sorta.

There’s a major difference in types of Satanism. One group worships self as god. Another group are literally “devil-worshippers”. I quoted Celerysteve because of group B. It’s moronic to acknowledge there’s literally a right and wrong answer and deliberately choose the less advantageous one for the **** of it.

The other group I can somewhat understand. It’s mostly a form of Nihilism.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Did you know there’s actually like a moral code in the satanist Bible? No ****. Srs. It says not to enjoy anybody, etc. I mean if Satan is like “Hey man, that’s kind of ****ed up” You know it’s pretty bad.

Uplink

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Satan worships me. So if you worship him, what does that make you? My 2nd level minion? Log in to see images!

I’ll never get it why people need to worship anything to get permission to do things. You’re not off the hook for being a servant. Ever.

My bible says this: Everything you do is your own responsibility. If you **** things over, no voices in your head will help you. Killing or abusing creatures for the hell of it doesn’t score you any points with any spiritual force. Nor does it reduce any score for that matter – it just shows how messed up you are. You make your own life.

And that’s kind of it.

On the other hand, I do find cemeteries southing because of the silence. You can hear your own thoughts there (the voices in your head, if you like). But I don’t perform rituals or other pointless stuff. I do feel there’s something more than this world, but I can’t define it (and I consider religion a very poor and limited attempt at doing this).

Jonro

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Talk about trolling.

Basically, what everything Swine and Uplink said. I don’t believe in the Judeo-Christian god. I’m Laveyan. Satan is a symbol to me, not a real being somewhere under the ground. No offense, but I don’t know how you could have read the Satanic Bible and not have noticed that.

The concept of Satan, in fact, predates that god. Satan is a Jewish term meaning “enemy,” but his imagrey, values and origins lie a thousand years before, in ancient Egyptian, Sumerian, Babylonian, European, and even Native American ideas. Satanism is not evil, nor is it intended to be. In many ways, it is more “Christ-like” than Christianity itself. The black hoods and scary demeanors are simply useful tools for scaring away the closed minded and easily intimidated. It is not a fluffy, feel-good religion, but it has been propagated far out of proportion for what it truly is, and understandably so given the powers that be. For me, it is a dedication to enlightenment, self-fulfillment, and the advancement of mankind as a whole.

P.S. to Context: Actually, you nailed it. That’s the entire reason. Yup, I just want to be different. No search for truth on my part. I just want to eat babies.

I became one (or rather, realized I was one) because I read the Satanic bible, did my research on the history of the religion, and found it coincided with what I already believed and valued. While I don’t believe in “Satan” per se, his symbolism is very powerful to me.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Just be an atheist. Basically, you are an atheist, but you still need religion as a crutch…? Dude, c’mon. At least tell me your only in this for the goth woman's genitals.

And more Christlike than Christ or whatever is a load of ****. You place your own desires above universal love (which is just thrown in there to make it sound pretty). It’s like “Hey, be a good guy and help little old ladies cross the street and kiss babies on the forehead and wrap puppies up in little pink ribbons — unless of course you don’t feel like it and you’d rather go murder somebody. It’s not a moral code if you’re not obligated to follow it. You might as well just belong to the church of facepalmism.

Celerysteve edited this message on 02/24/2009 12:35AM

Jonro

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

...a crutch? In what way is Satanism my crutch?

I believe in the power of love. I just also happen to believe in the power of hatred.

I also believe in a universal power beyond our explanation. I don’t call it “god” or worship it, but I acknowledge that it’s there.

Sure, I look out for me and my own first. But I also do charity work. Satanism is also about fulfilling Satan’s work upon humanity by advancing us as a whole to the godhead. You are your first responsibility, with the exception of loved ones, perhaps. But help out your brother and you help out yourself.

EDIT: Since you edited your post, it is clearer what you mean. I would propose that if you are obligated to follow it, it isn’t a moral code. If you’re obligated, it’s law or duty, not morality. Under whose authority does a Christian abide by the codes of the Bible? If you believe in God, I suppose you could say him. But even Christians believe in the power of free will. A Christian is free to come and go from the faith as he pleases.

And couldn’t “doing as you please” be a moral code, anyway?

Satanism is not a religion. It is a philosophy. Anton Lavey was reluctant to create a list of ten commandments for Satanism because a) it is too resembling of Xianity, and b) it implies just what you said: that we, Satanists or non, are obligated to follow them. Perhaps that is where your misconception lies.

I’d also like to point out:

Celerysteve Posted:

...you also believe in the Judeo-Christian God who created him (or else they’re be no Satan)

Would there be a God if there was no Satan?

Jonro edited this message on 02/24/2009 4:58AM

MiaHo

Avatar: 120300 Tue Feb 03 16:52:59 -0500 2009

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Is it appropriate to share personal stories in this thread? I hope so because it reminds me of one!

I had this friend who got so annoyed with this Bible study group, that he bought six copies of the The Satanic Bible and made his own Bible study group, and tried to invite them to it, as they had done to him for several weeks. This was hilarious.

I agree with this thread, people should put aside their differences and work together. Hitler was right ascribing the Big Lie to the Jews, because they allowed usury and violated their covenant as God’s chosen people.

I believe in God, the almighty creator of the Heavans and the Earth.

I believe that Jesus was the Messiah and the Word of God made flesh.

I believe that Christians should follow his example, not by his words, but by his actions.

Whose tables did he overturn? To whose face did Jesus raise a fist? Yes, it’s the story of Jesus and the moneychangers. It is imperitive to the stability and continuation of society that people neither charge nor pay interest.

My body is sacred, and I will not allow any manner of technology to be implanted into it.

I believe this is the ultimate goal of the modern Satanist movement.

Uplink

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Context actually said something great, but in a pbumive “it’s just a phase, it will pbum” voice. What I see is you being insecure and needing a father figure to protect yourself with.

I’m terrified by this thread so far. There are so many religions out there as there are political points of view. You are familiar with the ones that have gods and daemons in an antitheses, as if that’s all that counts. A 1D view with shades of grey doesn’t work that well either. With everything being interdependent, choosing just one point of view, which is supposed to be the opposite of another, is as bad as sticking with the point of view you oppose, because those aren’t the only two points of view, while ignoring the rest of reality.

If you want a symbol, make one of your own. That symbol would be you, and you alone. And it would bear a name that you give it (if you choose to name it – you don’t have to). At first, you’ll go through all the stages of independence, the same way as when you leave home to be on your own: fear, insecurity, loneliness, even exclusion, but after a while you’ll see that live is just beginning and that there’s a lot more to it than you thought. You’ll be independent and self-sustained, without the need for a father figure. And that will make you stronger than you’ll ever be if you limit yourself to a “Bible” or any set of rules and prejudices. This new-found strength will also help you go over any hurdles you may encounter on your path.

If you prefer religious symbols to guide your path, I’d suggest that you don’t limit to the traditional black and white views. Read up on Kabbalah, Buddhism, Wicca, the Raelian movement, and even about those idiots that commit mbum suicide in the name of their sect. Go to this site for one point of view (they say it’s the Kabbalah point of view). View the first part of Zeitgeist the movie (note that it is listed second, so don’t start with Adendum). You should watch the whole two movies to see a point of view on bull****. I’m sure that if you pay attention, you’ll find the Zeitgeist movies enlightening.

I’m pretty sure that if you spend enough time seeing what everyone thinks, you won’t end up with any particular philosophy, or pre-defined symbol.

After doing all that, if you still want to stick with a single locked-in ideology, there’s nothing more anyone can say, as it should be a very informed decision. If you already did mbumive research on what people believe and think all over the place, then please excuse me for my babbling Log in to see images!

Oh, and to answer your initial question, I may be a satanist from the christian point of view simply because I wrote this stuff. And from a satanic point of view I’m also evilLog in to see images!

Jonro

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Dear…God.

Where to begin.

From the beginning, I suppose:

A 1D view with shades of grey doesn’t work that well either. With everything being interdependent, choosing just one point of view, which is supposed to be the opposite of another, is as bad as sticking with the point of view you oppose, because those aren’t the only two points of view, while ignoring the rest of reality.

What do you propose, then? Never making a stand? Never deciding what you believe? Forever floating in some sort of philosophical limbo? That’s not where I prefer to stay. If that suits you, then more power to you. As Aristotle said, it is the mark of a truly educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it. But that phrase works both ways. A truly educated mind can choose a point of view, and still be capable of seeing life from another.

If you want a symbol, make one of your own. That symbol would be you, and you alone. And it would bear a name that you give it (if you choose to name it – you don’t have to). At first, you’ll go through all the stages of independence, the same way as when you leave home to be on your own: fear, insecurity, loneliness, even exclusion, but after a while you’ll see that live is just beginning and that there’s a lot more to it than you thought. You’ll be independent and self-sustained, without the need for a father figure. And that will make you stronger than you’ll ever be if you limit yourself to a “Bible” or any set of rules and prejudices. This new-found strength will also help you go over any hurdles you may encounter on your path.

Yeah…you’re gonna need to change your tone, son, and quick. You’re making a ****load of judgemental comments that I doubt you gave much consideration to before posting.

I’m 19, I work 30 hours a week and go to college full time. I lease a house that I and two others pay for. Not 13, looking for my long-last daddy. I moved out the day I turned 18, and I doubt you’ll want to hear half of the learning experiences I’ve had on my own.

I don’t limit myself to a “Bible.” It is a useful tool, but I disagree with several points Anton Lavey brings up. If I read 1984 or Brave New World or any other book and bring a lasting message out of it, one that I keep with me for the rest of my life, does that make me a conformist?

Why is an established symbol any less valid than one that I make up? Do you really feel the need to be such an individual that you are simply incapable of joining sides with any viewpoint? If I say “Satan,” you might think of a man in a red suit with a tail and horns. That’s not what I think of. His image is personal to me and me alone.

Not that it really matters, because, as I keep pointing out, I am Laveyan. Sigh.

Furthermore, this opens me up to a community of those who I know, by the label they choose, already share a similar view on life as I. This is an invaluable resource, one that would not be so easily attainable if I simply walked through life without labels for fear of losing some sense of identity.

I’m terrified by this thread so far. There are so many religions out there as there are political points of view. You are familiar with the ones that have gods and daemons in an antitheses, as if that’s all that counts.

You think so, huh? Maybe you should take a look at my bookshelf. You might find more books on Eastern and pagan religions than you think.

If you prefer religious symbols to guide your path, I’d suggest that you don’t limit to the traditional black and white views. Read up on Kabbalah, Buddhism, Wicca, the Raelian movement, and even about those idiots that commit mbum suicide in the name of their sect.

And here is the kicker. For all you know, I may have done more reading on these religions than you. Just how old are you, anyway?

I’m pretty sure that if you spend enough time seeing what everyone thinks, you won’t end up with any particular philosophy, or pre-defined symbol.

That may be your path. But it is not necessarily the appropriate path for all others.

Think about all of these religions that you imply you have so rigorously observed. Have you ever considered why these billions of people have chosen to bumociate themselves with a religion?

Condemning someone because of a religious choice is no different condemning them for their lack of one. It seems as if that is what you’re doing.

Oh, and to answer your initial question, I may be a satanist from the christian point of view simply because I wrote this stuff. And from a satanic point of view I’m also evilLog in to see images!

That’s for you to decide. Good and evil are completely subjective, even from a specific point of view. One Satanist may see you as evil, and the other may not. Xians may do likewise. Or Jews. Or Wiccans. Or Zoroastrians. Or Free Masons.

If I may make a deductive judgement, you choose to not adhere to any form of predefined religion or philosoiphy, not for your own sense of personal truth, but because you, like so many others, are fearful that this will compromise your sense of identity. You like to frustrate people when they ask what religion you are, by leaning back and saying “Oh, you young and foolish, with your religions and your theoligies. When will you learn?” To choose the opposite of what everyone around you chooses is not individuality. It is only another mode of conformity, for it is based on the actions of those around you.

Perhaps if you spend some time thinking about what you think, instead of what everyone else thinks, you will not be afraid to embrace a particular philosophy or pre-defined symbol.

If not, then that is as valid of a path as mine.

I’m normally not so vitriolic in religious discussions, but pretension is one of my bumons. I apologize if it was discordant.

Jonro edited this message on 02/25/2009 7:18PM

Shovel Warri-
or

Avatar: 137232 2009-09-21 10:03:19 -0400

Level 33 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

What does a satanist believe in? that satan is the ultimate god? Just wanting to know.

Sex and Razo-
rs

Avatar: 44034 Sun Jan 25 21:14:16 -0500 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I’m a pagan so all those religious zealots who don’t know **** about other religions and remain ignorant think I worship Satan. I don’t believe in Satan, Lucifer, Leviathan, Devil or what have you.

Jonro

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

^^I know what you mean. I always hate it when people bumociate me with pagans, too. Or even worse: anarchists. Log in to see images!

Finally, a sincere question.

Shovel Warrior Posted:

What does a satanist believe in? that satan is the ultimate god? Just wanting to know.

Well, it’s kind of like asking what a Xian believes in. They all share the same basic values, but a Baptist will give you an entirely different view than a Catholic. It basically breaks down to three main sects: Laveyan, Theistic, and devil-worshipers. I am Laveyan.

“Laveyan” refers to the ideas of Antony Lavey, who founded the Church of Satan in 1966. It has religious practices, but they are not required and are essentially just for show. Laveyans don’t believe God, demons, or even Satan. Satan is a symbol of everything the Xian church is not. Xians themselves can be decent enough people, but the church as a whole practices brainwashing, oppression and mbum murder, and attributes all of these things to a God they can’t prove exists. Thus, the Laveyan Satanist stands for intellectuality, freedom, and personal responsibility for one’s own actions. A Satanic Bible will definitely give you a clearer picture. You can buy them at Amazon.com.

Theistic Satanism is a little more complicated. They don’t believe in “God,” but they do believe in Satan and his demons — but in a different way. They more typically refer to Satan as “Lucifer,” “Beelzebub” or any of the various pagan names that essentially refer to the same being. The same goes for their demons, of which there are 72. They don’t believe that they are evil. They see them as the benefactors and creators of mankind. They don’t “worship” them, per se, but they believe in their literal existence and ability to give them various powers. They believe demons, and even Satan himself, can be summoned to help them accomplish their personal endeavors. I’ll give you a link to this site, but I warn you: they are all nutjobs. Do not engage them in conversation.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/HOME.html

The third kind, devil worshipers, are really pretty simple. They believe in the Judeo-Xian God, and they deliberately stand against him. They know that Satan will lose in the end, but they choose to join sides with him anyway. These are the real crazies that you have to watch out for. They typically believe in human sacrifice, black mbumes, acts of violence, etc.

Sorry if that was more than you were asking for.

Shovel Warri-
or

Avatar: 137232 2009-09-21 10:03:19 -0400

Level 33 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

Jonro Posted:

^^I know what you mean. I always hate it when people bumociate me with pagans, too. Or even worse: anarchists. Log in to see images!

Finally, a sincere question.

Well, it’s kind of like asking what a Xian believes in. They all share the same basic values, but a Baptist will give you an entirely different view than a Catholic. It basically breaks down to three main sects: Laveyan, Theistic, and devil-worshipers. I am Laveyan.

“Laveyan” refers to the ideas of Antony Lavey, who founded the Church of Satan in 1966. It has religious practices, but they are not required and are essentially just for show. Laveyans don’t believe God, demons, or even Satan. Satan is a symbol of everything the Xian church is not. Xians themselves can be decent enough people, but the church as a whole practices brainwashing, oppression and mbum murder, and attributes all of these things to a God they can’t prove exists. Thus, the Laveyan Satanist stands for intellectuality, freedom, and personal responsibility for one’s own actions. A Satanic Bible will definitely give you a clearer picture. You can buy them at Amazon.com.

Theistic Satanism is a little more complicated. They don’t believe in “God,” but they do believe in Satan and his demons — but in a different way. They more typically refer to Satan as “Lucifer,” “Beelzebub” or any of the various pagan names that essentially refer to the same being. The same goes for their demons, of which there are 72. They don’t believe that they are evil. They see them as the benefactors and creators of mankind. They don’t “worship” them, per se, but they believe in their literal existence and ability to give them various powers. They believe demons, and even Satan himself, can be summoned to help them accomplish their personal endeavors. I’ll give you a link to this site, but I warn you: they are all nutjobs. Do not engage them in conversation.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/HOME.html

The third kind, devil worshipers, are really pretty simple. They believe in the Judeo-Xian God, and they deliberately stand against him. They know that Satan will lose in the end, but they choose to join sides with him anyway. These are the real crazies that you have to watch out for. They typically believe in human sacrifice, black mbumes, acts of violence, etc.

Sorry if that was more than you were asking for.

thank you.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Jonro Posted:

Theistic Satanism is a little more complicated. They don’t believe in “God,” but they do believe in Satan and his demons — but in a different way. They more typically refer to Satan as “Lucifer,” “Beelzebub” or any of the various pagan names that essentially refer to the same being.

It’s not exactly the same being. It maybe seen as the same but the idea is twisted. Our horned god became devils of the new religion…. which at the time was Christianity. And when you think about it… which came first Satanism or Christianity?

As for the names… what’s in a name? I hear more about Cenunnos. Cerne, and Herne and not of Lucifer (Morning Star) or Beelzebub. But there are so many accounts of the those names. Heavenly god? Fallen Angel? Sounds less like pagans and more like Christianity talk.

Also it interesting to note that there is no mention of this “devil” in the old testament.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Jonro Posted:

...the Laveyan Satanist stands for intellectuality, freedom, and personal responsibility for one’s own actions.

Interesting. I believe in those same ideals. I’m not a satanist of any stripe. I simply don’t believe in religion. There is no one path to enlightenment, and consequentially all paths contain some grain of truth. Why limit myself to one?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!