Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News DOMINATION THEME WEEK: February 18

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Inertia Posted:

Well, if you’re going to make a theme do it wholeheartedly imo.

Also LOL at ending the transmission before you start it.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

MC Banhammer Posted:

Also LOL at ending the transmission before you start it.

Damnit, it’s late! Fixed OP. Log in to see images!

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

It doesn’t seem like it would be much different, for a lot of people at least. But I won’t bash it till I try it. Log in to see images!

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

was Posted:

Does the raid I created then ended within 2 minutes count in the 50?

Yes. For now if we are going to prove that raids are messed, you should not create raids unless you intend to raid. This is, unfortunately, the only way we have to track the success of our changes.

For enhancements/suggestions on raiding please visit the Domination Enhancements thread and post your comments.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Never saw this one in the idea thread…

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Would’ve been better if you made a destruction medal already, average dom players won’t bother to use cards because it is unrewarding.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Nicco Posted:

Would’ve been better if you made a destruction medal already, average dom players won’t bother to use cards because it is unrewarding.

I for once totally agree with my friend Nicco Log in to see images!

Also make cards cost less for total destruction Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Yes. For now if we are going to prove that raids are messed, you should not create raids unless you intend to raid. This is, unfortunately, the only way we have to track the success of our changes.

For enhancements/suggestions on raiding please visit the Domination Enhancements thread and post your comments.

The only way? You’ve been getting feedback on raids for weeks, now. The three major raiding klans in the game have stopped raiding. Most of the domfabulous persons have been screaming about the changes and how screwed up it is and how much raiding isn’t worth it.

I just really don’t understand why you insist on looking at that number instead of the community feedback. The one raid I know of that was an actual raid, was done for the purposes of a few people mooching. I believe 6 people used all 12 of their available visits to get these three people an extra 28 scoops.

Sorry to derail the thread, but it’s where the comment is and I’m just not convinced it would be seen if I started another thread.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

quangntenemy Posted:

I for once totally agree with my friend Nicco Log in to see images!

Also make cards cost less for total destruction Log in to see images!

Signing nicco re: destruction, but cards are cheap enough that the top three brackets are being won with scoop totals from 50-150, case and point:

http://www.forumwarz.com/domination/archive/2009-02-11?domination_archiv [bucket]=1

Those totals are extremely low for the second bracket, and it’s like that because people pounded the bracket with bumholes all week.

Fortunato edited this message on 02/19/2009 7:20AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Why is switheroo still in but no shotgun?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Tactic for the week: pwn a forum in the last few seconds. Everyone else will be on 0 scoops, the player with the highest pistachio streak wins.

I did a small initial run, enough scoops for 12 cards, and I had the option to get an bumhole for each of them. I don’t think this was luck, just the decreased number of cards means I was almost guaranteed an bumhole with each pick. So no point getting any other card types when there’s going to be no scoops to shotgun/destroy/steal, and no point getting switcheroos when you’re going to have no scoops to switch. Just choose bumholes, zero the bracket.

This theme might have worked better if we had a larger variety of cards. As it stands, it’s just ridiculous.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Tactic for the week: pwn a forum in the last few seconds. Everyone else will be on 0 scoops, the player with the highest pistachio streak wins.

I did a small initial run, enough scoops for 12 cards, and I had the option to get an bumhole for each of them. I don’t think this was luck, just the decreased number of cards means I was almost guaranteed an bumhole with each pick. So no point getting any other card types when there’s going to be no scoops to shotgun/destroy/steal, and no point getting switcheroos when you’re going to have no scoops to switch. Just choose bumholes, zero the bracket.

This theme might have worked better if we had a larger variety of cards. As it stands, it’s just ridiculous.

You’re not wrong. Like the cheap card week there is very little strategy and a whole lot of luck involved. I expect to hear a lot of howls about lag ruining the top end of people’s streaks next Wednesday.

If this is meant to be a test of whether people want to play destruction for a possible destruction medal it isn’t a good test. The reality is people don’t want to do *anything* without a reward, that is human and gamer nature.

Side note: Right now the bumhole is overpowered because a player doesn’t need to totally sacrifice his own scoops to play it for the 10 hit.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Somebody answer why there is no shotguns this week

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

With 5 cards, you have a 3 in 5 chance of being able to choose an bumhole (meaning in turn you can do 10*3/5=6 damage for every 4 scoops you earn on average, plus whatever extra you get from drawing destroyers, thieves or shotguns)

As shotguns aren’t an option, you have a 3 in 4 chance of being able to choose an bumhole, thus doing an average of 7.5 damage per 4 scoops you earn, plus any extra from other attack cards, making it closer to 8 damage per 4 scoops.

The second strategy for the week is to not play destruction cards at all, and just earn as many scoops as possible to offset anyone who doesn’t play along. Almost making it a prisoners dilemna situation – don’t screw each other over for potential mutual advantage or screw each other over and end up with a dice roll finish. In actual practice though, that would be very boring and the opposite of the intended effect.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

With 5 cards, you have a 3 in 5 chance of being able to choose an bumhole (meaning in turn you can do 10*3/5=6 damage for every 4 scoops you earn on average, plus whatever extra you get from drawing destroyers, thieves or shotguns)

As shotguns aren’t an option, you have a 3 in 4 chance of being able to choose an bumhole, thus doing an average of 7.5 damage per 4 scoops you earn, plus any extra from other attack cards, making it closer to 8 damage per 4 scoops.

The second strategy for the week is to not play destruction cards at all, and just earn as many scoops as possible to offset anyone who doesn’t play along. Almost making it a prisoners dilemna situation – don’t screw each other over for potential mutual advantage or screw each other over and end up with a dice roll finish. In actual practice though, that would be very boring and the opposite of the intended effect.

shotgun is removed to make the average damage/scoop ration closer to 2:1???

why not remove thief instead?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Seeing how people are stocking up on cards and sweeping the whole bracket I just think this week would be much much more fun with card destruction Log in to see images!

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

quangntenemy Posted:

Seeing how people are stocking up on cards and sweeping the whole bracket I just think this week would be much much more fun with card destruction Log in to see images!

Good thing these are only Theme weeks. I’m starting to think that weeks like this, where we get rid of defensive cards are a good time to test raising the price of all cards. To discourage people from only buying cards. What do you think?

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

What do you think?

This theme is like Gambit. Nobody will have any or very less scoops throughout the week and the person who can pull off the biggest pistachio loop at the end of the dom round will probably win.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Nicco Posted:

This theme is like Gambit. Nobody will have any or very less scoops throughout the week and the person who can pull off the biggest pistachio loop at the end of the dom round will probably win.

And if we raise the price of cards next time.. to.. 6? or 8? Would that change things?

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

I took the liberty of moving this to the appropriate thread.

Nothing to see here.

dobnits edited this message on 02/23/2009 5:38PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!