Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Better to leave or die?

BISHOP-THROAT

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

If I’m outta meds and low on ego, is it better to leave the battle or stick it out until death? Or are both the same?

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

As of yet I’ve not noticed a difference between leaving the battle and dying, except for dying giving you a spiffy “OH SHI-” graphic.

So I prefer dying.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

If you stick it out, there’s a chance you could beat the next thread. If you leave, there isn’t.

What I don’t know, though, is if your equipment might get further damaged if you remain. That’d be the only argument I can see for leaving.

Nimbus

[P-S-Y]

Level 11 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

If you know you’re going to phail, there’s no point wasting more meds in your phailure.

clock worker

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

There is a huge difference, you die. I wish I could die… Log in to see images!

P-doggie

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Was just looking for an answer to this, thanks.

Seems like there should be a benefit to it one way or the other though. -cred for dying, maybe?

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Interesting note, you don’t have to completely beat a forum in order to get sent prizes for it. I lost to the Church of Saiyantology yesterday and I still got stuff from people for the threads I pwned.

Basically, you can stay and go for broke and try to kill what threads you can for prizes, or you can leave and prevent your equipment from being damaged further. I guess it depends on how expensive your equipment is to fix. Log in to see images!

Dark Prinz

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

P-doggie Posted:

Was just looking for an answer to this, thanks.

Seems like there should be a benefit to it one way or the other though. -cred for dying, maybe?

Someone should give this kid an ice cream scoop.
Not sure if that’s spoilery enough to merit the tag, but oh well.

P-doggie

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I was under the impression you only get the antifreeze scoops if it’s self-inflicted.

I’m talking about making fight or flight some kind of strategic choice. ATM, it looks like there’s no reason to NOT try to pwn that last thread when you know you’ll probably get the beat-down.
P-doggie edited this message on 03/05/2008 5:44PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

P-doggie Posted:

I was under the impression you only get the antifreeze scoops if it’s self-inflicted.

This is correct.

LolWhut

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

If you think you can’t beat a thread, and it’s down to dying or leaving, but you could win, go for it! It could mean a slight cred boost and more fabulous prizes.

Makai Rythem

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I fight to the bitter end in hopes of getting better prizes.

DrKirre

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

o/` If you don’t leave, you will die! You won’t live forever stuck in time! o/`

>.> <.<

No, that’s not a random offtopic post. If you know the song it’s from, you’ll see just how much it applies here. Log in to see images!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I’d say it’s better to leave, because you can save a few consumables. You can technically do the same thing with dying, but leaving saves you a bit more time and keeps you from the temptation of “Well, I could use one of my remaining consumables and finish this THREAD”.

Dr Cox

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I havnt seen a difference between leaving and dying

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!