Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games A Forumbuildr Etiquette Question

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Is it poor form to submit the same concept for the weekly forum more than once, if it doesn’t win the first time around? I’ve had a few ideas that I personally thought were fairly witty (“Fantasy Fantasy Football” and “Hail Heiress!”, for example) that ended up being quickly downvoted to -5 before, I suspect, a lot of people got the chance to see them.

Is it bad form to take an idea for a forum that was previously rejected and resubmit it, in hopes that it would get a better response the second time?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

As long as it’s your own idea, I don’t see any problem with it. Especially seeing as how if it keeps getting downvoted, your buildr score will keep going down, making it harder to repeat if the idea is really not considered worthy.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

No, people do this all the time.

On the first day of Forumbuildr, people seem to usually be super-downvote-happy. I usually re-submit 1-2 failed submissions the next day, and they usually do better.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Thanks. Being -5ed in the first hour or so of submissions is really disappointing when it’s a joke that you’ve been tossing around in your head for a week or so. Has there ever been any talk of removing the “-5 or less and you’re gone” thing for the first 24 hours or so of submissions? It’s really very intimidating to people who are just dipping their toes in the forumbuildr waters to see what it’s like.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

There’s been more talk of either making downvotes non-existant and just letting upvotes determine winner, OR possibly making downvotes relevant to buildr score, in that the higher your score, the more downvotes you get.

I personally REALLY support the second one.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Shii Posted:

There’s been more talk of either making downvotes non-existant and just letting upvotes determine winner, OR possibly making downvotes relevant to buildr score, in that the higher your score, the more downvotes you get.

I personally REALLY support the second one.

I think its a horrible idea, putting a cap on downvotes. First idea is better i think

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!