Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Music Forumwarz Idol: Auditions

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Some people have sent me video, but I don’t think it really matters; although you only need audio, and it is easier to dl.

Miss Prince

[The House of Badfic]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Last time I’ll bug you, but where do you suggest for hosting the file, to send it to you? I don’t send a lot of things over teh intarwebs, so I don’t really know *iz dum*

Gumzball

[EMO-FWK]

Level 32 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

Same for me (and miss? what do you use to record it? Log in to see images!

Miss Prince

[The House of Badfic]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I used Garageband; it came with my Mac. I don’t know what the Windows folks are using, though. There must be some freeware programs you could use…

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

On Windows, it’s been suggested to me to use Audacity, and that works pretty well. Adapt also suggested http://www.archive.org/details/opensource_audio for the upload.

Miss Prince

[The House of Badfic]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Oh, duh. I missed that. Thanks!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

MC Banhammer Posted:

On Windows, it’s been suggested to me to use Audacity, and that works pretty well. Adapt also suggested http://www.archive.org/details/opensource_audio for the upload.

This site’s a bit messy, since they require you to either put a public domain stamp on it or a not-for-profit download at will license on it. I kinda get around it by selecting the “test item” option, which removes the item after 30 days.

Miss Prince

[The House of Badfic]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Opensource Audio is not letting me upload. I mean, it’s letting me try, but I keep getting a “server not responding” message. Is it just me?

rannmann

[Noob Stompin]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Can I nominate my girlfriend? There’s a few problems with following all the rules, however.

1) We no longer have recording equipment as we’re broke as ****, so re-recording any song I may submit so she could say her username (neaptides), would be impossible. However, some of these songs are available on her myspace page(s) which I’m sure she would be willing to edit as proof.

2) She doesn’t have internet right now, so the deadlines may be a problem. As stated above, we’re broke as ****. She’s moved in with her mom while grabbing onto the only job she can for the moment (Blockbuster… gg economy). Hopefully in two or three weeks she’ll be living with me again because she’ll be 21 and can actually get a real job.

3) Future rounds would involve singing into a $10 headset mic and would probably sound like utter **** because she’s a belter and would probably blow out the mic.

If there’s a second competition of this sort, I’m sure she would love to be a part of it. Right now I bumume we would disqualified for many different reasons.

Just to get an idea of her style though, here is a link to her old band’s music. If they wouldn’t have all been from Alaska, I’m sure they’d be famous and on tour by now instead of broken up because of band members going to college.

http://www.rannmann.com/the_riot/

Also found here: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Riot . The first song in the playlist (No Love) is from the Czech band with the same name. Ignore it.

And of course, her solo work:

http://www.rannmann.com/the_riot/laila.php

Ignore the terrible web-design… it was an old template I made in high school and I never got around to making The Riot a real website.

rannmann edited this message on 02/18/2009 6:00AM

Miss Prince

[The House of Badfic]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

So wait, are we allowed to use a previous recording and just tack “hey, this is me” on the front? Because I have a really nice recording of Somewhere Over the Rainbow I could use instead…

I kind of thought it might seem fraudulent, although I guess you could compare the speaking and singing voices. Hmm.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

rannmann Posted:

Can I nominate my girlfriend?

Why can’t she nominate herself?

Em You Are

Avatar: 107470 Wed Apr 22 20:00:37 -0400 2009

Level 20 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

posting for free BP.

My submission is soon to come. dont worry.

Litar

[Island of Avalon]

Level 22 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

it is such a lovely post, isn’t it?

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

LOOK OUT LADIES, MY VOICE IS SO SEXY THAT I MAY IMPREGNATE YOU JUST BY LISTENING

rannmann

[Noob Stompin]

Level 35 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

Why can’t she nominate herself?

Because she doesn’t have internet.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

rannmann Posted:

Because she doesn’t have internet.

Which would mean she doesn’t play Forumarz. So why should she be allowed to participate?

rannmann

[Noob Stompin]

Level 35 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

Which would mean she doesn’t play Forumarz. So why should she be allowed to participate?

She does play forumwarz when she has internet. She only doesn’t have it temporarily.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

This just in!

If you can’t find a place to host your submissions, ET’ll host ‘em for you here. As long as they’re under 10MB, email them to idol @ forumwarz.com.

Xc0m

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

What should you sing?

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Wow, ET is hosting files for this? Awesome.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!