Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Music Forumwarz Idol: Auditions

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Welcome! Many of you may remember the idea for the Forumwarz Idol Contest. After a short delay, I am pleased to announce that the contest is now officially OPEN!

Note: For those of you who read the original thread (which would probably be most people interested), you will still do well to read these rules, if only as a reminder, but it’s not essential. If you have a submission ready, you can tubmail it to me:

– There are new restrictions on the number of contestants per round. There will be 10 in the second round, and 3 in the final.

– There are also new free BP opportunities! One random poster in each of the contest threads (there are five, this one included) will receive 1 free BP, just for posting. So post as many times are you like (try to be relevant though).

Log in to see images! For those of you who are new, the main points have been reproduced here, along with their new dates for easy reference:

– The rules are simple; each person wanting to audition will be given approximately 2 weeks to perform and enter his or her submission. Afterwards, there will be two more rounds of competition. There was a Sign-Up; however, if you missed the opportunity to sign up, you are certainly not barred from entering now. Likewise, if you did sign up, and you no longer wish to compete, you will not be forced to participate.

– Opinions/critiques/reviews of all entries are encouraged whether you enter or not, so remember to post your thoughts in addition to your vote. Feel free to speak your mind; even if you think your comment may be too harsh, post it anyway.

Good luck to everyone! And have fun!

Each contestant will record him- or herself singing one song of his or her choice. However you choose to record your song is fine; just upload it and send me a Tubmail. If you need a place to host it, http://www.archive.org/details/opensource_audio is a good choice. Also, due to many complaints (limited song selection, etc.) we dropped the requirement of having a karaokeparty.com account. However, if you need help recording or anything, it may still be useful. For more help on recording/uploading you can view the original thread here, which contains tips from others about what to do.

IMPORTANT: You MUST identify yourself in your recording. This can be as simple as stating your username and the name of the contest. Basically this is for fraud prevention. (We want to make sure it’s actually you singing!)

– To submit your song, just tubmail me a link to it.

All entries received before and on the day of the deadline will be showcased in a separate thread without a poll attached so the denizens of Flamebate can review them. Post the name(s) of the person (people) you would like to see win in the designated voting thread. You are not limited to just one choice: You may post up to 7 names! At the end of the day on the 24th, the contest organizers will look through the thread, and the votes will be tallied. The top 10 entries will be allowed to go on to the next round.

– At the end of this round, one of all the competing entries (not just those that make it to the next round) will be randomly selected and awarded 1 BP for entering.

This round will be a little different. Each of the 10 contestants will have until March 4th to record a song chosen by the Forumwarz community. There will be a thread during the initiation of the contest where everyone will submit song ideas. Contestants will submit their songs following the same procedure. Also —as previously stated— all contestants will have the ability to veto a song once. If the song is out of a contestant’s range, for example, that contestant would obviously be at a disadvantage. Each contest member may challenge their selected song once and there will be a vote for a runner up song.

All entries received before and on the day of the deadline will be showcased in another voting thread and subject to public vote again, this time with an actual poll. A list of the contestants’ names will be in the thread, and it will be up to the voters to listen to each of the contestants’ songs and select the winner. Of the remaining contestants, only the top 3 will move on to the final round.

– At this point, there will be another random drawing, this time from the second round competitors ONLY. The winner will receive 2 BP.

This time, the contestants will be given a week and a half to prepare 2 songs:

– One song chosen collectively by the contestants, which they will all sing.

– One song of the contestant’s choice.

The finalists will discuss their song selection in a designated thread. All entries received before and on the day of the deadline will be placed in one final thread to determine who will get the grand prize, and be declared the Forumwarz Idol!

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Adapt Posted:

Welcome! Many of you may remember the idea for the Forumwarz Idol Contest. After a short delay, I am pleased to announce that the contest is now officially OPEN!

Note: For those of you who read the original thread (which would probably be most people interested), you will still do well to read these rules, if only as a reminder, but it’s not essential. If you have a submission ready, you can tubmail it to me:

– There are new restrictions on the number of contestants per round. There will be 10 in the second round, and 3 in the final.

– There are also new free BP opportunities! One random poster in each of the contest threads (there are five, this one included) will receive 1 free BP, just for posting. So post as many times are you like (try to be relevant though).

Log in to see images! For those of you who are new, the main points have been reproduced here, along with their new dates for easy reference:

– The rules are simple; each person wanting to audition will be given approximately 2 weeks to perform and enter his or her submission. Afterwards, there will be two more rounds of competition. There was a Sign-Up; however, if you missed the opportunity to sign up, you are certainly not barred from entering now. Likewise, if you did sign up, and you no longer wish to compete, you will not be forced to participate.

– Opinions/critiques/reviews of all entries are encouraged whether you enter or not, so remember to post your thoughts in addition to your vote. Feel free to speak your mind; even if you think your comment may be too harsh, post it anyway.

Good luck to everyone! And have fun!

Each contestant will record him- or herself singing one song of his or her choice. However you choose to record your song is fine; just upload it and send me a Tubmail. If you need a place to host it, http://www.archive.org/details/opensource_audio is a good choice. Also, due to many complaints (limited song selection, etc.) we dropped the requirement of having a karaokeparty.com account. However, if you need help recording or anything, it may still be useful. For more help on recording/uploading you can view the original thread here, which contains tips from others about what to do.

IMPORTANT: You MUST identify yourself in your recording. This can be as simple as stating your username and the name of the contest. Basically this is for fraud prevention. (We want to make sure it’s actually you singing!)

– To submit your song, just tubmail me a link to it.

All entries received before and on the day of the deadline will be showcased in a separate thread without a poll attached so the denizens of Flamebate can review them. Post the name(s) of the person (people) you would like to see win in the designated voting thread. You are not limited to just one choice: You may post up to 7 names! At the end of the day on the 24th, the contest organizers will look through the thread, and the votes will be tallied. The top 10 entries will be allowed to go on to the next round.

– At the end of this round, one of all the competing entries (not just those that make it to the next round) will be randomly selected and awarded 1 BP for entering.

This round will be a little different. Each of the 10 contestants will have until March 4th to record a song chosen by the Forumwarz community. There will be a thread during the initiation of the contest where everyone will submit song ideas. Contestants will submit their songs following the same procedure. Also —as previously stated— all contestants will have the ability to veto a song once. If the song is out of a contestant’s range, for example, that contestant would obviously be at a disadvantage. Each contest member may challenge their selected song once and there will be a vote for a runner up song.

All entries received before and on the day of the deadline will be showcased in another voting thread and subject to public vote again, this time with an actual poll. A list of the contestants’ names will be in the thread, and it will be up to the voters to listen to each of the contestants’ songs and select the winner. Of the remaining contestants, only the top 3 will move on to the final round.

– At this point, there will be another random drawing, this time from the second round competitors ONLY. The winner will receive 2 BP.

This time, the contestants will be given a week and a half to prepare 2 songs:

– One song chosen collectively by the contestants, which they will all sing.

– One song of the contestant’s choice.

The finalists will discuss their song selection in a designated thread. All entries received before and on the day of the deadline will be placed in one final thread to determine who will get the grand prize, and be declared the Forumwarz Idol!

Sounds like a lot of work. Log in to see images!

Not FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

1 question. If we were interested in a kind of long song for our entry, can we take a 3 minute excerpt from it?

I will probably have my entry in tomorrow. My brother is going to be gone all day, so no one is hurt with my singing voice Log in to see images! Skyman747 edited this message on 02/10/2009 1:29AM

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Skyman747 Posted:

1 question. If we were interested in a kind of long song for our entry, can we take a 3 minute excerpt from it?

I will probably have my entry in tomorrow. My brother is going to be gone all day, so no one is hurt with my singing voice Log in to see images!

Submit whatever you think you can win with, as long as it’s you singing it, it can be p much anything.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Good times, good times.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

(Hint: You can win one free BP just by posting in this thread, guys.)

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

I might give it a try.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Someone suggest something for me to sing. I’m torn between a whole bunch of things.

Note that posting in this thread gives you a random chance of winning a BP Log in to see images!

DesdiPhoenix

Avatar: 75442 Wed Nov 12 18:57:30 -0500 2008

[T3H L33T HACK3RZ]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I may just enter this.

Exogon

Avatar: 68228 2009-11-05 09:03:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Someone suggest something for me to sing. I’m torn between a whole bunch of things.

Note that posting in this thread gives you a random chance of winning a BP Log in to see images!

Katy Perry – Hot n Cold

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

MC Banhammer Posted:

With YOUR screen name, you are pretty much obligated to sing “U cant touch Dis” Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

dobnits Posted:

With YOUR screen name, you are pretty much obligated to sing “U cant touch Dis” Log in to see images!

There’s — not really any melody to that track. It’s old-school rap, where he’s basically just talking Log in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

MC Banhammer Posted:

Klaus Nomi – Simple Man.

Morcheeba

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

poastedered =) I want to share with all!!

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

MC Banhammer Posted:

The Village People – In the Navy.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Can someone get me a Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen karaoke plz?

Shishu

Avatar: 108647 Mon Jan 19 17:41:07 -0500 2009

[Rowdyruff Boys]

Level 64 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Are there bonus points for singing a song that came from the internet? Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!