Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Democratic Primary: Super Tuesday 2

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

****, this race is going to right up to the finish line. It’s already 10 PM (Central), and Ohio and Texas are STILL to close to call. While I type this, Texas is at 49% for each candidate. Clinton has a lead in Ohio, but some major areas are still counting votes. This is ****ing ridiculous. Log in to see images!

Oh, and Obama ‘08.

PerogiXW

Level 15 Troll

I'M RON PAUL ****male reproductive organ

**** yeah go black guy! That woman needs to /kitchen.

But seriously I don’t like Clinton for many reasons and I hope it turns out to be an Obama included race.

PerogiXW edited this message on 03/05/2008 12:11AM

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

I’m enjoying their fight. I don’t really care who wins their nomination, as I think that McCain will be able to take either out in the General election. I just hope they throw some good punches against each other which McCain can use against them later.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Last I checked, they were still pretty even in Texas, and the caucuses were only just STARTING.

Albeit, Obama had a lead in the caucus.

Jada

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

My precinct in Texas didn’t even get to START caucusing until about 9:30pm CST(two hours late, and after three cop cars had showed up because the re-re working the door felt “threatened”...)

Long bum evening.

Nissyenia

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Hillary whooped Obama’s bum cos he’s a ****. Ok, seriously it was close but she did win Ohio and Texas. The caucus system is bogus though. Any time you have to publicly (rather than anonymously as is done in the primary) announce who you support, you have problems. And let’s not even talk about how it’s so patently unfair to parents or people who may have to work at that time.

But either way it goes, we will have a democrat in the White House next year. Unless republicans steal this election too. And I do mean steal. We all know the truth about Florida. Yay democrats!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Hillary went into last night knowing that Ohio and Texas wouldn’t be giving her the win…she needed both of them just to stay in the race. Obama still has a lead in delegates, and he’s looking strong in the next couple of primaries (especially Mississippi).

And I agree, we’ll be getting a democrat next year. Democrats have had a record turn out in primaries, and once you add either Hillary’s voters to Obama or Obama’s voters to Hillary…nobody will want to vote for a 71 year old man.

doug05257

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

No, we won’t be having a Democrat this year. You’re right – the Democrats have been getting more people to show up in the primaries. But why is that, you may ask… it’s because they still have a competition going as to who their nominee will be. When you consider that the Republicans who are showing up to vote are doing so to show their support for the Republican party, not because their vote will change anything (McCain was already bumured the nomination a while ago), the Republicans are doing quite well.

Furthermore, I believe that the both of you are underestimating McCain. He’s got a lot of policies that make sense when you think about them, and he’s got a lifetime of experience behind him. Don’t forget that back in 2000, McCain was running against Bush for the nomination. We may have made a mistake then, but hey, we can fix it this time by electing McCain.

As far as Obama goes, I’m sure that as time goes on, his lack of experience will fail him. Immediately after the last debate of his against Clinton, I heard the reporter make a comment that I think is absolutely 100% accurate. The reporter said something along the lines of: “Obama seems to do very well when he’s on his own on the campaign trail. He’s absolutely spectacular when he’s alone in front of a group of people with a teleprompter in front of him. But when he’s placed into a debate setting where he has to think on his own, his performance takes a big hit.” The other two candidates have years and years of experience talking in public, which I think will be a big disadvantage to Obama. Whether he can improve upon that is his own issue, of course. What he can’t easily improve on are the fallible policies that he’s proposed, or lack of. Every time he speaks, I hear him talk about ‘hope’ and how he has risen from mediocre beginnings and that ‘change’ is possible. For sake of brevity, I won’t go into each and every issue at the moment, but I think everyone should take a look at how both Clinton and Obama are planning to finance their multi-billion-dollar expenditures.

I hear both of those candidates say that they’d like to stop the war in Iraq immediately, and the money that would have been spent there will be spent on our infrastructure and on education and the hundreds of things that they’ve promised the American people so far. The problem with that is… stopping the war won’t generate money. Yeah, it’ll stop the expenditure, that’s great! But if you’re just planning on continuing to spend that money, well, take a look at the national debt. That’s where the money is coming from. We don’t have the finances to go on a spending spree at the moment – we’re still paying off debts from decades ago. What will happen is that the Democrats will increase taxes on everyone in order to counter this imbalance. They won’t target just the rich – they’re rich, so what incentive do they have to tax themselves? As an example, I give you a portion of Obama’s education plan. $4000 to every college-bound student, and all that’s asked in return is some community service! Sounds great… except for the math. $4000 times every college student is a LOT of money. How does a government pay for things? Taxes. So although he’s giving you $4000 up front, you have to watch how much extra you have to pay him when tax-time comes around. I bumure you that the community service and the $4000 likely won’t be worth your time.

My ideas on Clinton are roughly identical to my ideas on Obama, minus the inexperience part but add the earplugs for the shrill voice. Great promises, not so great reality.

And as far as his age… he’s in good health. Other than that, I don’t understand why his age could possibly be negative.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Obama takes a lot of punches on his experience, but ultimately, experience isn’t the most important aspect of a president. What a president lacks in experience, he can make up for with a strong cabinet, advisers, running mate, etc.

What sets Obama apart is he works well with Democrats. He works well with Republicans. He works well with Independents. He has a disdain and heavy criticism for the gaps and wounds in American politics, and brings people a sense of hope and unity.

The more that people can work together, the less important a president’s experience becomes. However, lets not forget that Obama has had an extensive education and some time in the legislative branch, so it’s not like he has little or none experience…just less than McCain and Clinton.

PerogiXW

Level 15 Troll

Obama could beat McCain. But not Hillary. I really do hate that ****.

Did you watch her pre texas win speech last night? How she talked about the e-mail from the woman with who two daughters who “Cheered at all her speeches”? She said she wanted her daughters to see anything was possible. WHAT THE ****ING ****. How the **** does Obama not represent that entirely? Women, Not Womyn you woman's genitalss, the men/man part is from the german use to describe a person, gender regardless. It doesn’t even have roots in genders in the german use, have faced FAR less oppression then African Americans. My own mother said to me “I think Hillary would be the BEST president available! It’s time we had a women president.”. My mother is a feminist wannabe **** for that soundbite. I ****ing hate that Hillary and her self righteous, uber liberal, uber democratic (Which lets face it, Can’t be elected in this day and age unfortunately.)manner, and her repeated, grossly exaggerated, punches at Obama’s experience “We need a President who can be Commander in Chief at three in the morning when there is a crisis” “Not on the job training”. Pretentious, Whiny, woman's genitals.

Obama ,08

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

The south sees it like this fine upstanding member of society/woman's genitals vs a white guy ready to ruin the country even more. They’ll still vote for the white guy because he doesn’t complain about them ****ing their sisters as long as he can line his and his friends pockets.

I’m for the Tiger Woods candidate even though he won’t win so I just wasted my vote.

doug05257

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

Pimptastic, Obama does not work well with Republicans. His claim of ‘reaching across the aisle’ is unfounded. When you look at how both Clinton and Obama have voted in the Senate, you find that they are far left, not moderate. As a Republican, I can tell you that neither I, nor any other Republican I know support or agree with Obama or Clinton in the slightest. McCain is the moderate one here; if you look at the poll numbers you can tell that the far right actually doesn’t agree with him on a LOT of issues. However, that’s not so much of a problem for us as it is an bumet. The far right won’t vote for Obama or Clinton or Nader, leaving them only one choice available – McCain. McCain will also pull a huge number of independents, especially those who lean toward the right on economic and foreign policy, but also those who agree with some of the more liberal decisions that he’s made.

But I can tell you what we’re all hoping for – more posts like Perogi’s. The longer this fight goes on, the better. No matter which candidate is selected by the Democrats, their party will still be split due to the super-delegates. Unless one of them breaks off and starts pulling 70-30 victories in major states, neither one of them can reach the number of delegates that they need to claim the nomination. This leaves the super-delegates in the position of having to choose which one goes on. Do remember that the Clintons are very, very good at doing “back-room deals” and I wouldn’t be surprised to see her walk out of the DNC as their nominee. Which of course would really **** off a lot of people, but hey, either you vote for her or you vote for McCain, or you throw your vote away on Nader. And the reverse is true, as well, if Obama walks away with the nomination.

In any case, I agree with you that a President needs to surround himself with intelligent people. However, that’s not an outright replacement for personal experience. Yes, Obama has had a very good education… but books can only carry you so far. Being out there and involved in the political arena is the best form of experience that anyone can have prior to becoming President, and although one term is okay, I think that McCain or Clinton totally beast Obama on this issue – considering they’ve been actively involved with politics for decades.

_Alex_

Level 54 Troll

“Bonegrinder the Merciless”

Does anyone realize that if Hilary is President, that would mean we’ve had only two families taking turns controlling the highest seat of power for over 20 years? G. Bush 88-92, W. Clinton 92-00, G.W. Bush 00-08, H. Clinton 08-12 or 16???

Because of this, I’m voting for the ‘anyone except Hilary’ ticket.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

_Alex_ Posted:

Does anyone realize that if Hilary is President, that would mean we’ve had only two families taking turns controlling the highest seat of power for over 20 years? G. Bush 88-92, W. Clinton 92-00, G.W. Bush 00-08, H. Clinton 08-12 or 16???

Because of this, I’m voting for the ‘anyone except Hilary’ ticket.

yeah, its crossed my mind, but it is hardly a good measure on how good a presidency it would be. no one could have guessed GW was going to be so awful based on his father’s presidency. I rather liked what was going on with the country under clinton, if his wife is anything like him it will be okay.

that being said i still think Obama is the better candidate to lead us out of the neocon jungle.

PerogiXW

Level 15 Troll

CreepPipe Posted:

The south sees it like this fine upstanding member of society/woman's genitals vs a white guy ready to ruin the country even more. They’ll still vote for the white guy because he doesn’t complain about them ****ing their sisters as long as he can line his and his friends pockets.

I’m for the Tiger Woods candidate even though he won’t win so I just wasted my vote.

Your right. It makes me realize how not like the south NC is anymore. To many northerners moving down here.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

dreamserpent Posted:

yeah, its crossed my mind, but it is hardly a good measure on how good a presidency it would be. no one could have guessed GW was going to be so awful based on his father’s presidency. I rather liked what was going on with the country under clinton, if his wife is anything like him it will be okay.

that being said i still think Obama is the better candidate to lead us out of the neocon jungle.

I think it’s crossed all our minds, and I think that’s part of the allure of Obama. Hillary can say “change”, but she’s just part of the “Bush – Clintion – Bush – Clinton” cycle. John McCain can say “change”...but not only is he a Republican after 8 years of Bush, but he’s OLD. Even if he has progressive ideals, people will still judge his book by it’s cover.

Obama, on the other hand, is completely different. People look at him and feel he hasn’t really dirtied his hands with politics, he’s a young(ish) progressive, and he’d be the first black man in office. And despite what Doug says, which is a really subjective argument, many people DO see him as a candidate who intends to unify both political parties instead of wedge them further apart, and that’s all that counts in getting votes.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 03/07/2008 1:50AM

doug05257

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

Well of course it’s a subjective argument. Unless of course you’d like to get into how Obama has actually voted, which I’m sure wouldn’t work into your argument much, considering that he’s more liberal than Senator Kennedy of Mbumachusetts. Contrary to popular belief, he is not a unifier. He won’t have the support of Republicans under any cirgreat timesstances (his opinions are way too far to the left, a compromise on most issues just won’t happen) and he’s got no record of “reaching across the aisle” like he promises. But McCain does, and that’s why he’ll be getting the independent vote in November.

But hey, that’s all to come. First, the Democrats have to figure out what they’re doing with Florida and Michigan. Sounds good to me – if they’re not counted, Clinton supporters will feel betrayed. If they are counted, Obama supporters will be shafted. If there’s a new primary/caucus, then the Democrats get to spend their money on campaigning against each other instead of against McCain, as well as financing the primaries themselves. We’ll see how the race goes, there’s still months and months to go.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

oh doug, I think you underestimate how much independents want something different.

mccain is just more of the same.

doug05257

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

The bumumption that McCain is just more of the same is the Democrat’s weakness. Unless of course you consider their weakness to be how their party is split, or that they can’t figure out what to do with Florida and Michigan, or the existence of the superdelegates, or… etc.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

i dunno, he seems to be all about continuing bush’s agenda.

also i state it as an independent, not as a democrat.

the democrats weakness is their inability to take action, referring to the congress of course.

dreamserpent edited this message on 03/08/2008 12:22AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!