Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun People keep ****ing that the flamebate community is ****tier than ever: Suggest how to fix/improve it ITT

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I like the idea of being able to purchase sub-forums (preferably with BP, not flezz) that an individual person can moderate as they see fit (so long as it follows the rules for all forums). You should be able to make the forum private or public, as well.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Xylon Posted:

One Clear Suggestion would be to moderate RP forums better, like banning hackers, emo kids, and camwhores that are trolling with troll tactics, if you are going to RP you should RP your clbum.

That would, however, require laying down clear guidelines for how each clbum is supposed to Roleplay. Personally, since I have no intention of actually deploying malicious script on Flamebate (and it would probably get me Bampersand if I did so), I RP a Hacker as “A smarmy know-it-all” (because that comes so naturally to me.) Is that the wrong way to RP a Hacker? It describes most of the disagreeable computer science folks I know, so that’s what I’m going with.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Make the Win/Fail bumons at the end of each post do something other than add, subtract and store that number in a database. Such as being able to search for posts by their amount of win or fail.

Alternatively make it like a vBulletin rep system (yes, I know rep is usually horridly abused ie. nig rep).

Third alternative auto collapse the a post below a certain level, something along the lines of these 3 would encourage most user to use it properly…when I say most users I know some are still going to abuse it either way.

Finally, incentive always works. And it doesn’t even have to be high scale and at huge monetary loss to Crotch Zombie. The person with the most winning posts at the end of the month could get 2 free BP, a poster of the month type E-Peen, something. Just something that encourages people to make funny, unique, interesting posts and actually thinking them out before they just go tl;dr and post dragons.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

CreepPipe Posted:

Finally, incentive always works. And it doesn’t even have to be high scale and at huge monetary loss to Crotch Zombie. The person with the most winning posts at the end of the month could get 2 free BP, a poster of the month type E-Peen, something. Just something that encourages people to make funny, unique, interesting posts and actually thinking them out before they just go tl;dr and post dragons.

Interesting idea but a lot of people might whine “oh, voters don’t know what’s good, they just bandwagon for people who are considered popular”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Only you, the poster, can improve this place

this is the bottom line

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I really think that being able to downvote things into irrelevance is bad enough on forumbuildr, we shouldn’t drag it kicking and screaming into flamebate.

Maybe I’m bitter, but I still think “Hail Heiress!” was a funny forum idea…

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Bigandtasty Posted:

Interesting idea but a lot of people might whine “oh, voters don’t know what’s good, they just bandwagon for people who are considered popular”

Yes, that’s why I mentioned just about every suggestion I had, while having the possibility to be useful and encouraging would in the end most likely be horribly abused..at least for the first few months they were implemented.

When it comes to any forum period people will always bandwagon around certain people for reasons most of the community don’t even know why. However, I think if something like this were to be put into effect and moderators did the best to keep it from being severely exploited…it could have some benefit.

But then again I think everyone who has posted in this thread realize the internet is what it is and that is why we can’t have nice things.

BrokenArts

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I help moderator on other gaming forums, you want a better forum? You have to crack down on some of the ****/ garbage.

Define what you guys want, and stick to it, find good people that are willing to help.

Serious moderators for each forum.

Simple rules, or they don’t get read.

Enforce the rules. No BS, no playing favorites. Rules are rules.

Cut down on the amount of spam.

Limit the amount of excessive signature crap images that are allowed, its ridiculous.

No outight flame fest against others.

List goes on and on.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

It’s so easy to look over the bad posts and bad posters. The problem is that most of the good posters are gone, or post very rarely. I think CZ should pay them for their time.

BrokenArts

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

That may be true. Its nice to be able to just talk, yeah have fun of course, without the over the top BS. I don’t post much, sometimes its like why bother. But, I still lurk and read, see what is going on in the game, so the forum is good, and its needed.

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

just firebomb the whole place it’s beyond redemption

BirdofPrey Posted:

whats this crap about letting anyone buy their own forum? i gave you all the solution to the flamebate problem months ago. Its called ‘BoP’s emporium of good posts’. make me its mod and i guarantee there will be at least one subforum not filled to the brim with unfunny ****

actually do this instead it’s a better idea

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

Acid Flux Posted:

I like the idea of being able to purchase sub-forums (preferably with BP, not flezz) that an individual person can moderate as they see fit (so long as it follows the rules for all forums). You should be able to make the forum private or public, as well.

No, this place would turn into a chaotic mess of failure and cancer in 3 days max.

Flamebate is fine, sub forums are fine, Everything is fine, you dont always have to change everything here all the time.

Physics

Avatar: 83756 2009-10-01 09:57:31 -0400

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Hacker

Making laws and snuggling dark matter.

Odalisque Posted:

The problem is that most of the good posters are gone, or post very rarely. I think CZ should pay them for their time.

This.

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

Also, you shouldn’t sticky threads by Xylon. It sets a bad example for new posters.

Papa Zito

[Disciples of Atrop-
os
]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Odalisque Posted:

The problem is that most of the good posters are gone, or post very rarely.

This is the core problem, and the only way to solve it is to make the game more interesting again. An interesting game attracts good people, and they then post. Once the good people finish the game and there’s nothing to do, they move on.

Releasing episode 3 will fix the problem, for a time. CZ will have to start releasing upgrades at a much more rapid rate to keep both the quantity and the quality of players up.

BirdofPrey Posted:

whats this crap about letting anyone buy their own forum? i gave you all the solution to the flamebate problem months ago. Its called ‘BoP’s emporium of good posts’. make me its mod and i guarantee there will be at least one subforum not filled to the brim with unfunny ****

I support the culling even if I am a victim. Let us elect our own dictator!

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 02/10/2009 1:48PM

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Just make multiple picture posting a bannable offense, draginz or no, unless the thread is ABOUT posting multiple images. You’ll get rid of draginzspam, you’ll get rid of picture spam, you’ll get rid of all those useless posts that don’t add anything to a conversation, and allow said conversations to continue uninterrupted.

Do it, I dare you.

I HATE NIGS

[WE HATE NIGZ]

Level 24 Hacker

i'm a stupid fine upstanding member of society loving fabulous person who has male fine upstanding member of societys **** in my bumhole

Odalisque Posted:

It’s so easy to look over the bad posts and bad posters. The problem is that most of the good posters are gone, or post very rarely. I think CZ should pay them for their time.

KristofferAG

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Whaaa? I like the forums. Then again, I’m a noobfabulous person. I won’t bother you much.

I HATE NIGS

[WE HATE NIGZ]

Level 24 Hacker

i'm a stupid fine upstanding member of society loving fabulous person who has male fine upstanding member of societys **** in my bumhole

Fingerz Posted:

Just make multiple picture posting a bannable offense, draginz or no, unless the thread is ABOUT posting multiple images. You’ll get rid of draginzspam, you’ll get rid of picture spam, you’ll get rid of all those useless posts that don’t add anything to a conversation, and allow said conversations to continue uninterrupted.

Do it, I dare you.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I agree with just about everything in this thread.

Kilroy Posted:

Add something like 4chan’s /r9k/, where only complete literacy (And maybe even no reposts) are allowed.

If we had a forum like that, but you could still post whatever kind of insults or offensive opinions you wanted to within those guidelines… That’d just be beyond awesome.

Edit: I think a lot of these ideas are making things too complicated. You want to fix it? Ok Dragcave goes on the list with Goatse and Tubgirl for things you can’t post anywhere. Simple.

Celerysteve edited this message on 02/10/2009 2:13PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!