Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games No More Heroes

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’ve been playing this, and while it is full of awesome, I also think that the GTA-style parts are like pulling teeth. You can’t even hit other cars!

I honestly would like the game a lot more if it just jumped into the next level and cut those parts out altogether.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Yeah, they were pretty boring…but Suda 51 doesn’t always get the biggest budget. But most of his games reach cult status simply by the talent of his writing – Killer7 was a magnificent political commentary, and NMH is just as well written, if not better.

JuggernautXUG

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

though I respect your opinion I believe Donkey Kong is the Best Game EVER!

HunyrgLiekTe-
hWofl

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 17 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Ah. I wanted to buy this, but then I saw the us/european version combarison in terms of bloodlessness (yay for making up words!). Yeah, because removing violence fron the game which draws its awesomeness from, among other things, over-the-top violence is just BRILLIANT, you know. Log in to see images!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

HunyrgLiekTehWofl Posted:

Ah. I wanted to buy this, but then I saw the us/european version combarison in terms of bloodlessness (yay for making up words!). Yeah, because removing violence fron the game which draws its awesomeness from, among other things, over-the-top violence is just BRILLIANT, you know. Log in to see images!

What? There’s blood all over the place in the U.S. version. Every time you kill an enemy, 10 gallons of the stuff comes pouring out. Log in to see images!

HunyrgLiekTe-
hWofl

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 17 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

What? There’s blood all over the place in the U.S. version. Every time you kill an enemy, 10 gallons of the stuff comes pouring out. Log in to see images!

Newsflash: I know.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/06/no-more-heroes-video-compares-censored-and-uncensored-versions/

Rasta-Theclo-
wn

Level 31 Emo Kid

I waste brownie points on anything that moves

Best use of the Wiimote ever. Brawl outright ignores the Wiimote. Galaxy and Twilight Princess sort of tacked it on, and both could have sacrificed motion control without loss of quality. But the sheer, visceral quality of slashing someone into pieces with a gory finisher or pulling off a wrestling move? So immensely satisfying. The wisest idea, however, was not making motion control the main attack method. You’d get tired of hitting A, and it makes the finishers so much more satisfying.

EDIT: Nintendo, look at No More Heroes. This is how you should be using your Wiimote.

Rasta-Theclown edited this message on 03/14/2008 12:48PM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

HunyrgLiekTehWofl Posted:

Newsflash: I know.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/06/no-more-heroes-video-compares-censored-and-uncensored-versions/

I see, I just misunderstood you then.

Actually, the Japanese version is bloodless as well. It’s actually the OPPOSITE of censorship – Suda51 threw blood into the American version in order to appeal to the prospective audience…and obviously it worked, because it’s one of the most popular Wii games in the US.

HunyrgLiekTe-
hWofl

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 17 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I see, but from my perspective this sucks anyway. We have to wait ~2 months longer for every goddamned game to como out here (and btw, releasing a game in Europe is one thing, but getting it in Poland is completely different story :/ ). We, so far, don’t have access to GH3 replacement discs with stereo. And now, we got one of the best games nerfed. Sigh.

...should’ve chosen emo kid, at least I’d have excuse for all this whining.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

The only issue I have with the non-US versions lacking blood is that the colors are too dull without it. All of the color on the screen, the bold, vibrant red, really got me psyched in the middle of fights.

However, the lack of blood goes along with all the other Star Wars references, so it’s not a huge problem to me. The story was what made me love the game anyway.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!